Lounges at IAH (options other than UCs)

Old Dec 6, 2016, 12:14 pm

Programs: Continental OnePass
Is the booze in the KL free? Or is it like the UC where they have a few free options, but most things are cash?
Old Dec 6, 2016, 12:16 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by swiftaw
Is the booze in the KL free? Or is it like the UC where they have a few free options, but most things are cash?
There's no possibility to pay for anything there. But they take away most decent stuff after KL pax leave (since a change in mgmt last year)
Old Dec 6, 2016, 12:24 pm

Programs: Continental OnePass
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
There's no possibility to pay for anything there. But they take away most decent stuff after KL pax leave (since a change in mgmt last year)
I wonder what time that is (I guess I can look it up). I'll be there from about 12:30-3:15pm
Old Dec 6, 2016, 12:27 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by swiftaw
I wonder what time that is (I guess I can look it up). I'll be there from about 12:30-3:15pm
I think it's 3-4pm-ish. Of course then they might not let you in, as "lounge is too full" from KL pax. That also became much more common after change in mgmt.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 12:59 pm

Programs: UA1K
the centurion lounge blows everything out of the water, hands down
Old Dec 6, 2016, 2:04 pm

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by haddon90
Day after T-giving, flew to IAH in the morning, did my wifes Global Entry interview. Had 2 hours to kill before we flew home. Went to centurion, probably a better breakfast and lunch (we were there 10am-12pm, so we got both) Better food than we could have bought in the airport, more than likely.

Wife even commented it made flying on a RJ145 "Bearable"
Old Dec 7, 2016, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by joseeantonior
Welcome to FlyerTalk, pjt49!

I haven't been to the United Club on IAH, but I've been to the crown lounge (*S vs. Priority Pass). What I can tell you about the Crown Lounge:

* it has an open bar, you can serve yourself as much alcohol as you want (within reasonable lines, of course)
* has a soup of the day. Usually asian specialities.
* It is very quiet. People are very respectful and there's not a lot of noise. However, it may get crowded sometimes, when there's a lot of flights
* The only food you can get are snacks and pastries. It makes it perfect as a breakfast lounge, but later in the day when you want to have real food it doesn't help much.

I hope these are useful and that someone can compare to the United Club. G'luck!
Agree 100%. I spent 15 minutes trekking out from the C gates earlier this year when I had time to kill. DEFINITELY NOT WORTH THE TIME!

Yes there are free drinks so an alcoholic might feel more comfortable here. But the food is actually worse than UCs (hard to imagine) and the space was tight with a lot of aromatic travelers.

Would stick with the UCs, mediocre as they are.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by haddon90
How crowded does this one get?

You don't hear it talked about so much and it's not in the flow of a lot of traffic, so wondering if it's less of a zoo than the other Centurion lounges.

Crown Lounge was, 5-10 years ago, the place to be at IAH thanks to the soup.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 3:20 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by cerealmarketer

You don't hear it talked about so much and it's not in the flow of a lot of traffic, so wondering if it's less of a zoo than the other Centurion lounges.

Went to the AMEX lounge around 5PM and it was pretty crowded, our party of 3 had to ask some people to consolidate in order to sit together.

AF/KLM IMO is not better than the UC. I don't drink so I wouldn't know about that aspect but the UC has better presentation, showers, and better views and seating options. UC has fresher soup, non plastic wrapped fruit, more drinks, etc.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 3:23 pm

Programs: UA GS; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by cerealmarketer

It certainly has been the least crowded Centurion lounge that I've been to, which is thanks to it being out in Terminal D. If it were in C or E it would be total chaos.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 5:56 pm

Programs: UA*G, 1MM
The IAH UA Club in E isn't bad. I like to hideout on the third floor, maybe have a shower and usually occupy one of the tables by the snack bar. The actual bar is on the second floor, so if you want drinks you'll have to go down there. While they have improved the UA Club experience over the past year, if you're used to the LH Senators Club you will be soundly disappointed. No self-serve soft drinks but the snack bar isn't too bad. Usually there's a selection of fruit, some kind of chip/nut/choc/trailmix snack, coffee, water, tea, hummus, pita bread and a soup. For the longest time, they only served a butternut squash (or so it seemed) across the UA Clubs in ORD and IAH. Now they have more interesting soups that seems to change more frequently and taste better - I've actually been enjoying them.

Don't know how the KLM lounge is in comparison but if you're looking for food, I always have a nice meal at the Pappadeaux Restaurant in E.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 1:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by onocoffee
Don't know how the KLM lounge is in comparison but if you're looking for food, I always have a nice meal at the Pappadeaux Restaurant in E.
+1 Pappadeaux is awesome and I visit every time that I have an hour to kill. I just wish it was closer to the C gates. Wish I had done that today instead of "Real Food" which was real bad and really overpriced
Old Jun 9, 2017, 4:21 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Starwood Gold, Plat AE, CO PP MC, Marriott Rewards Plat, Virgin Elevate Gold
United Club vs AmEx Centurion - no comparison

I had a 3.5 hour connection yesterday and about 2 hours in, my friend (via texting he was in LA) asked why hadnt i gone over to the Centurion Lounge

No idea how I missed that IAH had one, but regardless, it was WELL worth the trip.

Free well drinks (just like the old Continental!), cool vibe, quiet space, and the FOOD options (!???!) were unreal.

Wow, just wow.

I like the idea of "hot soup" options, but all this re-design talk and the new UC at LAX, nothing holds a candle to the Centurion near D6

I cant think of anything negative, except that its a small bit of a hike from Terminals C or E, BUT well worth if you have the time.

Last edited by caseminole; Jun 9, 2017 at 4:48 pm
Old Jun 9, 2017, 5:06 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by caseminole
I had a 3.5 hour connection yesterday and about 2 hours in, my friend (via texting he was in LA) asked why hadnt i gone over to the Centurion Lounge

No idea how I missed that IAH had one, but regardless, it was WELL worth the trip.

Free well drinks (just like the old Continental!), cool vibe, quiet space, and the FOOD options (!???!) were unreal.

Wow, just wow.

I like the idea of "hot soup" options, but all this re-design talk and the new UC at LAX, nothing holds a candle to the Centurion near D6

I cant think of anything negative, except that its a small bit of a hike from Terminals C or E, BUT well worth if you have the time.

Nice place and no charge for any drinks at the Centurion Clubs (you had mentioned well) Yes its small and entry thru the duty free shops is a bit odd.. But its a nice space, food and drinks served by very nice people..
Old Jun 9, 2017, 8:32 pm

Programs: All the programs!
Yea Centurion is the best lounge in IAH.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.