Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Wi-Fi Subscription - Q&A, issues, ...

United Wi-Fi Subscription - Q&A, issues, ...

Hide Wikipost
Old Dec 20, 19, 3:32 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Wiki Link
United WiFi subscription.
First announced in early 2017, withdrawn and then re-introduced Feb 2018

Appears to be the same as the originally proposed pricing
Annual is 11x monthly; North America & Central America or Global option

Originally Posted by mozilla View Post
For some reason, they put a wrong link on the MP account overview page.

The new Wi-Fi subscription is handled by the same general subscription management interface which also covers subscriptions for United Club, Economy+, etc.

Here is the correct link: https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/subscription/wifi

Pricing depends on the term and the covered geographical region:

North America and Central America, monthly: $49 or 7,540 miles
North America and Central America, annual: $539 or 82,930 miles
Global, monthly: $69 or 10,620 miles
Global, annual: $759 or 82,930 miles

Yes, I've noticed the discrepancy, same mileage pricing in both annual options, but that's what it says right now.

Subscribers can change the geographic region where they want to use a subscription from the North and Central America region to Global at any time. Subscribers cannot switch from a Global subscription to a North and Central America subscription.

As with the other subscriptions, it is possible to gift a Wi-Fi subscription to someone else.
On 8 May 2017, some received
Originally Posted by dok_indo View Post
Hard to believe this is true, but here's an email I just received from UA:

We have some important information about your United Wi-FiSM subscription purchase on April 10, 2017.

Due to a technical issue, we offered United Wi-Fi subscriptions before we were fully ready to make them available. We have since removed the option to purchase United Wi-Fi subscriptions.

The good news is that you can still use your subscription until December 31, 2017, and you’ll receive a full refund for your purchase. United Wi-Fi subscriptions will also be available for purchase again soon.

We hope you enjoy your subscription, and we’re sorry for any confusion that this may have caused.

United Airlines Wi-Fi Team
Print Wikipost

Old May 3, 17, 7:59 pm

Programs: UA GS, Marriott/SPG Amb, Hyatt Explorist
Just heard back from Premier Voice. They escalated to the web support team who wasn't sure why it isn't working, and they are able to reproduce the issue. They suggested I try creating a new subscription instead of a renewal, but of course that option is not working either.

I'm beginning to wonder if they accidentally released the wifi subscription feature too early and then pulled it?
Old May 5, 17, 11:07 am

Looks like the wifi subscription has been discontinued. From Premier Voice:

After spending at least thirty minutes today with our web support team and giving them your MileagePlus account, they concluded the wi-fi subscription option is no longer being offered at this time since they also could not find an appropriate link.

Their conclusion is reflected in the FAQs at the following link: https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...wifi/faqs.aspx

The second item in the second section notes: We currently don’t offer daily, weekly or monthly Wi-Fi Internet passes, but we may offer these options in the future.

An overview is at the following: https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...i/default.aspx

For the time being, wi-fi service then seems to be available as a pay-as-you-go option, and I am sorry for any inconvenience.
Old May 5, 17, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO Platinum 1K, United 1K, SPG LT Platinum, National Executive Elite, Platinum TSA Hater
It's also aggravating that you can't use Travel Bank deposits to cover wifi purchases
Old May 5, 17, 2:20 pm

Programs: UA 4.1MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak S+; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
I was at the ORD P-Club today and had a GS agent look into this for me, since it would really come in handy this month. She called over to H/Q, and learned, "we're not currently offering it, and don't know when/if we will." That's all she could learn.
Old May 8, 17, 5:45 pm

Programs: 1K
Wifi subscription extended till end of year for free?!

Hard to believe this is true, but here's an email I just received from UA:

We have some important information about your United Wi-FiSM subscription purchase on April 10, 2017.

Due to a technical issue, we offered United Wi-Fi subscriptions before we were fully ready to make them available. We have since removed the option to purchase United Wi-Fi subscriptions.

The good news is that you can still use your subscription until December 31, 2017, and you’ll receive a full refund for your purchase. United Wi-Fi subscriptions will also be available for purchase again soon.

We hope you enjoy your subscription, and we’re sorry for any confusion that this may have caused.

Old May 8, 17, 6:34 pm

Programs: UA GS 3.87MM
Received the same e mail. Not sure if it is related to the complaint I sent about being unable to use the subscription on GoGo equipped PS flights.

I only purchased one month, so even though they say I will get through year end, I suspect it will expire in 2 weeks.

Mods- probably makes sense to merge with the wifi subscription thread.
Old May 8, 17, 6:40 pm

Just got this update:

Old Aug 22, 17, 8:34 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA 1K, AA Plat, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titnmn, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, National EE
Has anyone heard any updates on this? Specifically, a new pass being available soon or ipass being able to be used on United? I saw the ipass press release but seems like it was never implemented?
Old Aug 22, 17, 9:02 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by bworrell View Post
Has anyone heard any updates on this? Specifically, a new pass being available soon or ipass being able to be used on United? I saw the ipass press release but seems like it was never implemented?
I had an exchange with iPass a week or so ago for a tech issue and also asked about the status of UA fleetwide access. They advised me the goal was to have it implemented by year end.

I believe iPass can currently be used on any of the Gogo equipped flights (so CR7, E70/75, 757 sUA) but could be incorrect as I only got my iPass account a month or so ago and haven't been on a regional UA flight to try it.
adambadam likes this.
Old Aug 22, 17, 11:37 pm

Programs: UA gold; WN A; PC plat; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by CruiserCLE View Post
I believe iPass can currently be used on any of the Gogo equipped flights (so CR7, E70/75, 757 sUA) but could be incorrect as I only got my iPass account a month or so ago and haven't been on a regional UA flight to try it.
Yup ipass can be used on any gogo flight (United or other airlines). And as you pointed out, gogo on united is limited to the regional jet fleet and p.s. sUA fleet.
Old Aug 26, 17, 10:48 am

Programs: DL PM, UA 1K, AA Plat, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titnmn, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, National EE
I had an exchange with iPass a week or so ago for a tech issue and also asked about the status of UA fleetwide access. They advised me the goal was to have it implemented by year end.
Excellent! After 8 UA mainline flights this week the costs add up. I'm looking forward to having ipass...
Old Aug 31, 17, 8:37 am

Programs: UA-1Kmm, AA-EX Plt mm-, Hilton Diamond,

Did you happen to ask end of which year? These promises are all so vague.
Old Sep 24, 17, 4:14 pm

Anyone have an update on this? I just paid $33 for a 5 hour flight to Boston from San Francisco. This is getting pretty expensive.
Old Sep 24, 17, 6:17 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, DL Gold, UA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium + LT Silver, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mvogel View Post
Anyone have an update on this? I just paid $33 for a 5 hour flight to Boston from San Francisco. This is getting pretty expensive.
p.s. sUA supports Gogo, which runs $19 (prepaid prior to flying) for 24 hours (continuous).
Old Oct 15, 17, 4:41 pm

WiFi package?

Any update on when UA will start a WiFi package like DL? I know they have said they were going to. But it’s been radio silent for a while...

Search this Thread
Search Engine: