Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 3, 2016, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Access to Polaris lounges (source):

Hour 6:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. daily
A la carte dining, last seating 8 p. m.

United flights with the premium cabin class listed as 'Polaris Business' qualify for deaparture, connecting and arrival of a United Polaris flight.
UA premium cabin flights not marketed as Polaris, such as Domestic First or International Business (Canada, Mexico, Caribbean, Central America, northern South America, ... ) are not eligible for Polaris lounge access.
For partner, Business or International First, access only at departure airport and same destination restrictions as UA (roughly at least 8+ hours long haul international - TATL, TPAC, yes any UA Polaris destination but no trans-border).

No Guests (except 1 guest for International First partner flights)

{Similar Threads:
Polaris Lounge Roadmap 2017-2018 (wiki) (thread)
EWR Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
IAD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
IAH Polaris lounge (E11/12 - top fl) -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
SFO Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
LAX Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
United Polaris-New Business Class seats & inflight service and new Polaris Lounges (wiki) (thread)}
Consolidated "Polaris Lounge Access Questions" Thread

International T5 ORD partner *G lounges
Print Wikipost

ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2018, 9:07 am
BCH

Originally Posted by fly2lanai
Does anyone know whether the polaris lounge @ORD has a private phone booth/room? I have a scheduled conference call to make while in transit from there to HKG in a bout a week's time. Thks
I don't recall about the Polaris lounge, but I know 100% that the United Club in T2 has 3 booths that I've used a handful of times for calls. It may not be as close (depending on which Terminal you arrived into), but at least it's a booth.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 10:21 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Does anyone know whether the polaris lounge @ORD has a private phone booth/room? I have a scheduled conference call to make while in transit from there to HKG in a bout a week's time. Thks

Here now and just looked for you. Nope.
But depending on what time you’re here it could be very easy to get a quiet corner. It’s 11am now and completely dead.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 10:43 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite, National Executive, United Gold
You can use the bathroom - there are like of the 10 of em and all private and individual.

Old Mar 7, 2018, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by 764toHI
You can use the bathroom - there are like of the 10 of em and all private and individual.
that’s a great idea! Just don’t do face time.
SkiPremier likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 11:21 am

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by 764toHI
There are more than ten. If the person needing to do the conference call chooses the last one of the long corridor, there would be less people passing in front of it as most people would have found an empty one before getting there.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
I would not recommend using a restroom for a conference call. If nothing else, neighboring noises could prove quite embarrassing. And if during a busy time, I would consider it quite rude to tie up a bathroom when not necessary.

The United Clubs have dedicated phone booths that are designed for this purpose. I have used them often, and they are quite nice. And if you have access to Polaris, you have access to United Clubs. Would certainly be worth the walk to take the conference call in a better environment.
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 11:31 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, United Club, IHG Ambassador/Spire
Originally Posted by chavala
Here now and just looked for you. Nope.
But depending on what time you’re here it could be very easy to get a quiet corner. It’s 11am now and completely dead.
Thank you checking for me. I have plenty of time to make my way to the United Club that has the phone booth.

Originally Posted by goodeats21
I would not recommend using a restroom for a conference call. If nothing else, neighboring noises could prove quite embarrassing. And if during a busy time, I would consider it quite rude to tie up a bathroom when not necessary.

The United Clubs have dedicated phone booths that are designed for this purpose. I have used them often, and they are quite nice. And if you have access to Polaris, you have access to United Clubs. Would certainly be worth the walk to take the conference call in a better environment.
Yes. Fully agree. Will do that. Thank you all.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Mar 7, 2018 at 4:49 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member
Old Mar 8, 2018, 7:24 am

You’re right. I just tested it out by calling my sister. It was super echoey and she could hear the flush from next door.
kirkwoodj and SkiPremier like this.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 8:01 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles

You’re right. I just tested it out by calling my sister. It was super echoey and she could hear the flush from next door.
Thank you for your service
Old Mar 8, 2018, 8:58 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K

Playing the devil's advocate here: Maybe taking conference calls from the bathroom stalls in the Polaris Lounge is the new "DYKWIA Humble Brag"?

Call Participant: "I heard some background noise."
Polaris Customer: "Oh, that's just the toilet flushing in the neighboring stall. I'm in the United Polaris Lounge at O'Hare, and it's the only place where I could get any privacy."
Old Mar 8, 2018, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
On a less humorous note, I am surprised that they did not outfit the Polaris lounge with phone booths. Seems a pretty big oversight for a business class lounge.
If they are putting them into all the newly remodeled United Clubs, makes Polaris a little bit of an outlier...
Xyzzy likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 11:41 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
On a less humorous note, I am surprised that they did not outfit the Polaris lounge with phone booths. Seems a pretty big oversight for a business class lounge.
If they are putting them into all the newly remodeled United Clubs, makes Polaris a little bit of an outlier...
Hopefully another part of the learning experience for the remaining alleged PLs.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 10:34 am

I'm flying Al Nippon in business class. Will I have access upon arrival before my connecting flight on UA?
Old Mar 11, 2018, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by trvlr70
I'm flying Al Nippon in business class. Will I have access upon arrival before my connecting flight on UA?
No. You must be flying UA to access on arrival.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by Global321
No. You must be flying UA to access on arrival.
What if it was bought on United.com? The NH flights are code shares.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.