Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 3, 2016, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Access to Polaris lounges (source):

Hour 6:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. daily
A la carte dining, last seating 8 p. m.

United flights with the premium cabin class listed as 'Polaris Business' qualify for deaparture, connecting and arrival of a United Polaris flight.
UA premium cabin flights not marketed as Polaris, such as Domestic First or International Business (Canada, Mexico, Caribbean, Central America, northern South America, ... ) are not eligible for Polaris lounge access.
For partner, Business or International First, access only at departure airport and same destination restrictions as UA (roughly at least 8+ hours long haul international - TATL, TPAC, yes any UA Polaris destination but no trans-border).

No Guests (except 1 guest for International First partner flights)

{Similar Threads:
Polaris Lounge Roadmap 2017-2018 (wiki) (thread)
EWR Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
IAD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
IAH Polaris lounge (E11/12 - top fl) -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
SFO Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
LAX Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
United Polaris-New Business Class seats & inflight service and new Polaris Lounges (wiki) (thread)}
Consolidated "Polaris Lounge Access Questions" Thread

International T5 ORD partner *G lounges
Print Wikipost

ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2018, 11:19 pm

This thread is making me very happy I chose ORD-HND-SYD on NH instead of JFK-ICN-SYD on OZ....
Old Oct 11, 2018, 12:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Great report and pix, 24left! ^

Overall IMHO, this food offering at ORD is far superior to the one at the SFO PL!!!
Old Oct 11, 2018, 6:34 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by cesco.g

Overall IMHO, this food offering at ORD is far superior to the one at the SFO PL!!!
Thanks.

I thought there were some buffet food offerings that looked better at ORD, others at SFO and my Dining Room experiences were completely different. Aside from the food, I was impressed with the desk agents at ORD (the ones who handle tickets and other issues, not the entry check-in desk agents), and of course, the server was just fantastic.

Given my usual routes, I spend way more time in the various lounges in SIN, HKG, NRT, TPE, FRA, and ZRH, so it is great to see UA really making the effort to offer a more premium experience.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 10:02 am

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Tried the tuna and ribeye for the first time - both were outstanding. And I'm still obsessed with the little orzo pasta dish from the buffet, liberally topped with kalamata olives (also at the buffet).
Old Oct 15, 2018, 6:01 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA ExP
Originally Posted by cesco.g

Great pics! it is indeed step above anything we have in terms of premium lounges in the US. Having said that, I wish they would consider refreshing the menu once in a while. The menu hasnt changed since the Polaris lounge opened in Dec,2016. I know its a first world problem
Old Nov 7, 2018, 7:26 pm

Was in the SFO and ORD Polaris Lounges today. Enjoyed both and they each have a different ambiance. I thought folks might like to see the new sit-down menu at ORD. The server said the menu just changed yesterday. Here are some pics:

I had already eaten from the buffet, which was very good, so just had the avocado fries and the brownie dessert. The fries were quite good.
Enjoyed both lounges!
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 4:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by augkor
Was in the SFO and ORD Polaris Lounges today. Enjoyed both and they each have a different ambiance. I thought folks might like to see the new sit-down menu at ORD. The server said the menu just changed yesterday. Here are some pics:
Looks like the relationship with Art Smith is over.
Previous menu featured several of his dishes.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 5:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

img
img
img

I had already eaten from the buffet, which was very good, so just had the avocado fries and the brownie dessert. The fries were quite good.
Enjoyed both lounges!
Thanks for posting. ^ Were the 'avocado fries' fried avocados or fried potatoes with avocado?

I don't mind having things rotate, although the old menu had a few more appealing items. Perhaps they're trying to offer less heavy foods
Old Nov 8, 2018, 7:36 am

Programs: UA-GS 1MM), Hertz Pres Circle, Starriott Titanium)
I haven't been through ORD in ages. I'm surprised they don't have the Bagel Sandwich EWR has. (my favorite).
Old Nov 8, 2018, 9:13 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by LordHamster
I haven't been through ORD in ages. I'm surprised they don't have the Bagel Sandwich EWR has. (my favorite).
Nobody does bagels like New York does bagels. Why even bother?

(Kidding: I would LOVE for every Polaris lounge to offer a great bagel sandwich -- as long as they overnight their bagels daily from New York!)
LordHamster and kirkwoodj like this.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by SS255
Nobody does bagels like New York does bagels. Why even bother?

(Kidding: I would LOVE for every Polaris lounge to offer a great bagel sandwich -- as long as they overnight their bagels daily from New York!)
I guess airline lounges are one of the few places that could affordably do this. With the current flight schedule with no flights from NYC landing between 11pm and 6:45am they'd have trouble getting them into the lounge before 7am though.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 8:10 pm

The Avocado fries were breaded and fried avocados with the dipping sauce. They were quite good.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The Avocado fries were breaded and fried avocados with the dipping sauce. They were quite good.
Sounds good indeed.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 10:30 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
I guess not many are flying shortly before Thanksgiving on a Tuesday....lounge is quite empty at 11:30am.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by narvik
I guess not many are flying shortly before Thanksgiving on a Tuesday....lounge is quite empty at 11:30am.
"Not too many are flying TPAC to Asia two days before a U.S. holiday" is probably more accurate. TATL flights are mostly later and domestic has no access. Plenty of people are flying today
narvik and IndyHoosier like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.