Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

Old Dec 3, 2016, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Access to Polaris lounges (source):

Hour 6:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. daily
A la carte dining, last seating 8 p. m.

United flights with the premium cabin class listed as 'Polaris Business' qualify for deaparture, connecting and arrival of a United Polaris flight.
UA premium cabin flights not marketed as Polaris, such as Domestic First or International Business (Canada, Mexico, Caribbean, Central America, northern South America, ... ) are not eligible for Polaris lounge access.
For partner, Business or International First, access only at departure airport and same destination restrictions as UA (roughly at least 8+ hours long haul international - TATL, TPAC, yes any UA Polaris destination but no trans-border).

No Guests (except 1 guest for International First partner flights)

{Similar Threads:
Polaris Lounge Roadmap 2017-2018 (wiki) (thread)
EWR Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
IAD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
IAH Polaris lounge (E11/12 - top fl) -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
SFO Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
LAX Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
United Polaris-New Business Class seats & inflight service and new Polaris Lounges (wiki) (thread)}
Consolidated "Polaris Lounge Access Questions" Thread

International T5 ORD partner *G lounges
Print Wikipost

ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

Old Dec 1, 2016, 9:48 am

Programs: UA 1K MM - AF G – TK G – AZ Ex – Hilton D – Marriott G – IHG P
Originally Posted by lowfareair
Really nice selection of whiskies for a club - I'm used to Jack and Walker Black as the two usual 'upscale' options, but Bulleit 10, WhistlePig, Auchentoshan, Bushmills are all $50+ whiskeys. Patron Silver is interesting, because I feel that is something that most people (whether they enjoy tequila or not) will identify as a 'prestige' label.

I'm supposed to connect through ORD on my way to Asia in January but meeting someone for dinner outside of the airport. Looks like I'll have to rethink that!
Yeah, I said exactly that to the bartender. Someone at UA clearly likes whisky. And Rye...
Old Dec 1, 2016, 9:50 am

They had the red wine cooler set at 40F. haha I pointed it out and the bar manager started lecturing the employees about where the red wine should be (not in that cooler). LOL
Old Dec 1, 2016, 10:14 am
Company Representative, United Airlines

Originally Posted by TomA
I didn't see this mentioned before... the cubby seating has white granite pull out desks.

Thanks, TomA. What you will come to notice is the seats in the Lounge match the new signature Polaris seats on-board, coming in Q1.

-UA Insider
Old Dec 1, 2016, 10:30 am

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Veuve and Moet brut rose??? They're going to have to drag me onto the plane!
Old Dec 1, 2016, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by UA Insider
Thanks, TomA. What you will come to notice is the seats in the Lounge match the new signature Polaris seats on-board, coming in Q1.

-UA Insider
I'm blown away, honestly. I moved my trip up 4 days to be here for the grand opening, and absolutely do not regret that decision. I'm looking forward to this transition.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 10:34 am

The cocktails are fantastic.

take a screenshot
Old Dec 1, 2016, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by st530
Veuve and Moet brut rose??? They're going to have to drag me onto the plane!
Yup. LOL
Old Dec 1, 2016, 10:44 am

Programs: Alaska FF
Originally Posted by UA Insider

-UA Insider
By comparison, the cubicles/pods make the seats on the plane look even worse.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 10:49 am

Programs: UA GS 4MM
I asked for the date and the chef just (like exactly just now) told me 12/15 is the plan!
I love it! Thanks...
Old Dec 1, 2016, 11:02 am

Programs: United MileagePlus Premier 1K, Delta SkyMiles Diamond Medallion
Polaris lounge pics from this morning. Anyone else here?

They gave me a brief tour when I got here. Service is pretty good. They have staff bringing around trays of champagne and mimosas.

(Click to open a pic to full size.)

Nice pics, but there should be napkins under those glasses.
The sound of glass even remotely touching the counter below should never be heard in a premium class lounge! Just FYI!

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Dec 1, 2016 at 8:14 pm Reason: please limit pic quoting for the sake of small screens
Old Dec 1, 2016, 11:13 am

Programs: UA Premier 1K, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
The Polaris lounge at ORD has been beautifully executed... if this is a sign of where things are headed with United, it's a good one. The staff has been really well trained and the attention to detail here is extreme -- to the point that they are wiping individual fingerprints off the door to the valet area.

The food presentation is impeccable, the bar and staff are fantastic. A couple first-day issues here and there, but whoever led this team will get their annual bonus this year. The lounge is competitive with global players.

It's swarming with United PR people though... will be interesting to see if the same standard of service is maintained long-term.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 11:53 am

Programs: Lifetime UA GS 22 million,AA 1m ,Hilton Li fetime diamond,marriott lifetime platinum hyatt diamond
Last night before my flight to London, I was invited to take a sneak peek at the Polarus Lounge before it officially opened today. 1 can describe the new lounge in 3 words. Wow, Wow and Wow!!! It exceeds my expectations in every way!!! United has really done it right!!! Now the best lounge they offer in the world....yes, better than London, much better. Just to think they are going to upgrade London! My congrats to the whole team involved in putting Polaris together!!! Well done gang!!! I look forward to the future Polaris Lounges upcoming around the world. A proud day for United! The beginning of a new era! You have actually exceeded your own hype!!!
Old Dec 1, 2016, 12:08 pm

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
I spent around five hours in the Polaris Lounge on Wednesday and came away very impressed.

The lounge seems to have been designed to bridge the in-lounge and in-flight experiences and that is where it succeeds really well. By that I mean anything from pre-flight dining to naps between legs (I'm not convinced they have enough sleep suites, however, but the executive in charge of that aspect said their models supported it).

The food on the ground will be on a par with the new Polaris in-flight offerings and it's clear that more than a few UA managers working on the lounge spent a lot of time staying at Four Seasons, St. Regis's, and Ritz-Carltons for inspiration on service (I'm deliberately citing these chains and not MO or Rocco Forte).

As a result, the simple process of walking in is like walking into a spa at one of the aforementioned hotels.

I wrote a fairly detailed review of the Polaris Lounge experience for Frequent Business Traveler magazine for those wanting even more details than one would find in this thread:

Review: United’s First Polaris Lounge, Chicago O’Hare International Airport
Located in Terminal 1, Concourse C at Chicago’s O’Hare International Airport, the cavernous lounge (it’s 12,782 square feet or 1,187 square meters) will be open to passengers traveling in the airline’s Polaris cabin starting December 1.

Polaris, also known as the North Star, is the brightest star in the constellation of Ursa Minor. Because Polaris appears to stand motionless in the sky while other stars of the northern sky appear to rotate around it, it makes an excellent fixed point for use in celestial navigation and has been of great importance to travelers for centuries.

Walking in from the hustle and bustle that is O’Hare, I was immediately struck by the calming atmosphere. A sculpture, “North Star Chicago,” by the English artist Wolfgang Buttress, hangs from the ceiling and features the 1,600 brightest stars in the Northern Hemisphere over a map of the streets of Chicago. It makes the entrance seem far more spa-like than airport lounge-like....

<SNIP>

This link is to an online source to which I contribute and/or have a financial interest.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by unitedbusiness
Nice pics, but there should be napkins under those glasses.
The sound of glass even remotely touching the counter below should never be heard in a premium class lounge! Just FYI!
That's purely my fault. They have Polaris coasters.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 12:27 pm

Programs: Continental OnePass
So all drinks in the Polaris Lounge are free? But if you are flying Polaris from somewhere without a Polaris lounge, and thus, using the regular United Club you have to pay for most drinks?

I think if you are flying Polaris and using the United Club they should give you a card when you enter that you can show the bartender and which gives you free drinks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.