Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

Old Dec 3, 2016, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sonyeoshin
Access to Polaris lounges (source):

Hour 6:00 a.m. Ė 9:00 p.m. daily
A la carte dining, last seating 8 p. m.

United flights with the premium cabin class listed as 'Polaris Business' qualify for deaparture, connecting and arrival of a United Polaris flight.
UA premium cabin flights not marketed as Polaris, such as Domestic First or International Business (Canada, Mexico, Caribbean, Central America, northern South America, ... ) are not eligible for Polaris lounge access.
For partner, Business or International First, access only at departure airport and same destination restrictions as UA (roughly at least 8+ hours long haul international - TATL, TPAC, yes any UA Polaris destination but no trans-border).

No Guests (except 1 guest for International First partner flights)

{Similar Threads:
Polaris Lounge Roadmap 2017-2018 (wiki) (thread)
EWR Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
IAD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
IAH Polaris lounge (E11/12 - top fl) -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
SFO Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
LAX Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
United Polaris-New Business Class seats & inflight service and new Polaris Lounges (wiki) (thread)}
Consolidated "Polaris Lounge Access Questions" Thread

International T5 ORD partner *G lounges
Print Wikipost

ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

Old Apr 14, 2024, 8:36 am

Programs: UA 1K - 1 MM, Marriott LT-Plt, Hyatt Glb
Had a lovely time in the ORD PL on Friday. We were there from about 10am-Noon. The sleep rooms are great. Haven't noticed those at SFO or IAD if they have them, but It was great for my jet-lagged wife. I enjoyed the buffet, there were both a fish and a beans with vegan chorizo that were quite tasty. The bartender was chatty in a good way, knew his spirits, and mixed a good drink. I'd say 70% of the good comfy seats were taken, but the tables and bar were wide open. Didn't try the dining room. I totally agree with searchforfulfillment, great attitude from the staff all the way around. Based on this single data point, I enjoy the lounge a lot more than SFO and IAD, the only other two I've been to.
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old May 13, 2024, 8:49 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM
I arrive to ORD in Polaris and connect on AC out of gate E2.
Can I go to E2 from the Polaris lounge ?
Old May 13, 2024, 8:58 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by benewr
I arrive to ORD in Polaris and connect on AC out of gate E2.
Can I go to E2 from the Polaris lounge ?
Yes, a bit of a walk though
benewr likes this.
Old May 14, 2024, 7:24 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by angetenar
There use to be a shuttle but they got rid of it.
Leave yourself some time to get over to your gate. Though it's not too bad. There's a moving walk way for the underground portion at least. They removed the rest of the moving walkways
I frequently do this walk RT if I have time just get get some exercise on those layovers. Like 10-15min depending on speed.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 14, 2024, 7:27 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by The Man in Seat 9A
Had a lovely time in the ORD PL on Friday. We were there from about 10am-Noon. The sleep rooms are great. Haven't noticed those at SFO or IAD if they have them, but It was great for my jet-lagged wife. I enjoyed the buffet, there were both a fish and a beans with vegan chorizo that were quite tasty. The bartender was chatty in a good way, knew his spirits, and mixed a good drink. I'd say 70% of the good comfy seats were taken, but the tables and bar were wide open. Didn't try the dining room. I totally agree with searchforfulfillment, great attitude from the staff all the way around. Based on this single data point, I enjoy the lounge a lot more than SFO and IAD, the only other two I've been to.
Just curious, what was your issue with IAD in comparison with ORD?
I've found IAD's dining room almost always available vs a waiting list for ORD often. It can be hard to find a seat at either lounge depending on time of day. I thought the buffets were similar.
I think IAD still only has the two sleep spots. I think ORD has more but if I recall they are stuck at a weird angle (for me)
I found staff good. IAD waitress sometimes rememnbers me even a few months apart. After getting kicked out of the sleep area (over 45min limit) the person actually found me somewhere else to sleep. ORD staff also great.
I put them both above EWR and SFO for sure
Old May 14, 2024, 5:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K - 1 MM, Marriott LT-Plt, Hyatt Glb
Originally Posted by eng3
Just curious, what was your issue with IAD in comparison with ORD?
I think IAD still only has the two sleep spots. I think ORD has more but if I recall they are stuck at a weird angle (for me)
I have only been to IAD PL a couple of times. It was very crowded (Late evening Euro-bank) both times. I didn't see any actual sleep rooms. ORD has both the non-adjustable loungers and full on sleep rooms that are windowless, private, and have a bed. I didn't see that at IAD, but can't swear to it. Partly the crowding, for sure, but I found the staff in ORD to be friendlier and also they kept it picked up better.

All based on 2 IAD visits and one ORD visit. YMMV and objects in the mirror may be closer than they appear.
Old May 15, 2024, 3:17 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM
Originally Posted by angetenar
Took 8 minutes.

very worth it for the shower and the breakfast !
Old May 15, 2024, 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by The Man in Seat 9A
I have only been to IAD PL a couple of times. It was very crowded (Late evening Euro-bank) both times. I didn't see any actual sleep rooms. ORD has both the non-adjustable loungers and full on sleep rooms that are windowless, private, and have a bed. I didn't see that at IAD, but can't swear to it. Partly the crowding, for sure, but I found the staff in ORD to be friendlier and also they kept it picked up better.

All based on 2 IAD visits and one ORD visit. YMMV and objects in the mirror may be closer than they appear.
If you goto the shower area (end of the hall of restrooms near the dining room), the room with the two sleeping areas are access from the lobby of the shower area. Similar to ORD actually.

I recall the loungers at ORD, never knew there was yet another room where you can lie all the way flat. I'll have to look for that.

I'd say ORD and IAD both get crowded in the afternoon to the point you may have trouble finding a decent place to sit.
I guess I like IAD a little more because I almost have never had to wait for a seat in the dining room. Plus sometimes, I'll swing by EWR after IAD and EWR is so much worse, it probably makes IAD seem better than it is.
Old Jun 10, 2024, 1:41 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Any updates on the timeline for expansion into the old UC space next door?
Old Jun 10, 2024, 2:19 am
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by dkc192
Any updates on the timeline for expansion into the old UC space next door?
I talked to a GS agent last week (an original one who knows stuff) and while I forget what she told me the timeline is, she did tell me that the lounge will be entirely closed during the expansion. Huge bummer there.
SPN Lifer and goodeats21 like this.
Old Jun 10, 2024, 10:07 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Huh, I don't necessarily distrust your source, but that makes little sense unless they're also renovating the existing part of the lounge. If they aren't, wouldn't it be a matter of only closing the back room where they'd need to knock down a wall to open up to the expanded space? And if they are closing the entire lounge, I'm surprised a bigger deal hasn't been made out of it.
SPN Lifer, Xyzzy and Global321 like this.

Last edited by dkc192; Jun 10, 2024 at 10:25 am
Old Jun 13, 2024, 7:27 am

Programs: Skymiles (former DM), MileagePlus (Silver), Marriott Rewards/SPG Platinum (Lifetime Titanium)
Does anyone happen to have a recent menu picture for the sit-down dining? Weíre passing through next week so Iím curious if the menu has updated from the last photo in this thread.

If not Iíll snag one and post it after our visit.
kirkwoodj likes this.

Last edited by rabingham89; Jun 13, 2024 at 6:47 pm
Old Jun 13, 2024, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by rabingham89
Does anyone happen to have a recent menu picture for the sit-down dining? Weíre passing through next week so Iím curious if the menu has updated from the last photo in this thread.

If not Iíll snag one and post it after our visit.
I think it's the same. At least, the breakfast is the same. I forgot to check on the after-noon meal.

Since I'm on the topic, here is how the morning meal worked.

They had a strange set-up. I don't know if someone called in sick, or if this is now the normal for the quiet morning hours.

Maybe they were wasting a lot of the buffet food. The service was quite fast, perhaps faster than with the normal dining room.

The skillet was pretty tasty, but the giardiniera was loaded with spicy peppers. I like spicy food, but they were very punchy. I had to stop eating them after a while. I think I ate about half of them.

I also stopped in on my way back. The sunset was very pretty.

choch345, narvik and rabingham89 like this.
Old Jun 27, 2024, 3:06 am

Programs: Skymiles (former DM), MileagePlus (Silver), Marriott Rewards/SPG Platinum (Lifetime Titanium)
Here is the menu from June 18. Lounge was very crowded in the afternoon so we didnít have a chance to do the sit down dining.

Buffet spread was ok. White fish dish and chicken were the main hot proteins. Both better than what was/is served on board IMO.

A friendly lounge agent helped us find a table for our group of 7 incl 3 kids which was much appreciated.

goodeats21 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.