Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 3, 2016, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Access to Polaris lounges (source):

Hour 6:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. daily
A la carte dining, last seating 8 p. m.

United flights with the premium cabin class listed as 'Polaris Business' qualify for deaparture, connecting and arrival of a United Polaris flight.
UA premium cabin flights not marketed as Polaris, such as Domestic First or International Business (Canada, Mexico, Caribbean, Central America, northern South America, ... ) are not eligible for Polaris lounge access.
For partner, Business or International First, access only at departure airport and same destination restrictions as UA (roughly at least 8+ hours long haul international - TATL, TPAC, yes any UA Polaris destination but no trans-border).

No Guests (except 1 guest for International First partner flights)

{Similar Threads:
Polaris Lounge Roadmap 2017-2018 (wiki) (thread)
EWR Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
IAD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
IAH Polaris lounge (E11/12 - top fl) -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
SFO Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
LAX Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
United Polaris-New Business Class seats & inflight service and new Polaris Lounges (wiki) (thread)}
Consolidated "Polaris Lounge Access Questions" Thread

International T5 ORD partner *G lounges
Print Wikipost

ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2022, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by Unimatrix One
What's the breakfast buffet like these days? Is there a good selection of eggs, breakfast meat, fruit, etc? I saw the sit-down menu upthread and it looked really uninspiring. I'd like to know if I should use the hotel buffet (Hilton O'Hare, where I'll be staying the previous night but won't have free breakfast) or go for the Polaris lounge buffet when I fly out of ORD this summer.
I was just there on Tuesday during breakfast hours. It was about on par with a good hotel buffet...maybe a slight bit better.

Scrambled eggs and egg whites. Bacon and turkey sausage. Country-style cubed potatoes. I think there was oatmeal. Pancakes with syrup. Basic supply of pastries / bagels / muffins / bread (nothing unusually high quality). I think there was fresh cut fruit, along with ind wrapped apples.

If you don't get free hotel breakfast, then the Polaris Lounge version is a good substitute.
Unimatrix One likes this.
Old May 11, 2022, 9:24 pm

Programs: JAL Global Club & oneworld Sapphire, ANA SFC & Star Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by goodeats21
I was just there on Tuesday during breakfast hours. It was about on par with a good hotel buffet...maybe a slight bit better.

Scrambled eggs and egg whites. Bacon and turkey sausage. Country-style cubed potatoes. I think there was oatmeal. Pancakes with syrup. Basic supply of pastries / bagels / muffins / bread (nothing unusually high quality). I think there was fresh cut fruit, along with ind wrapped apples.

If you don't get free hotel breakfast, then the Polaris Lounge version is a good substitute.
Thank you! That is exactly the info I was looking for!
Old May 11, 2022, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Unimatrix One
Thank you! That is exactly the info I was looking for!
Some pictures:

geoshina and VRFast like this.
Old May 11, 2022, 9:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Some pictures:

"Excuse me, could I have one of the crunchy things in the middle dish?"

David
marks88 and kirkwoodj like this.
Old May 12, 2022, 5:13 am

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Some pictures:
That looks very good and much better than what's on the sit-down menu. Pre-covid I had a nice breakfast in the sit-down dining area, but the menu seems to have been significantly downgraded since then.
Old May 12, 2022, 10:30 am

deleted

Last edited by Global321; May 12, 2022 at 10:35 am
Old May 20, 2022, 1:00 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond (SK); Hilton Diamond + few others
Originally Posted by lrm72
My understanding was that the SWISS lounge was permanently closed and the SK lounge had not yet reopened post-Covid. Is that not the case? (I admittedly haven't followed the SK lounge that closely but would be surprised to hear the decision re: the LX lounge was reversed given the construction in T5).
SK lounge was open when I visited on May 14. Was quite busy - perhaps due to a lot of other *A-pax visiting.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 1:46 pm

Menu pics

Doesn't look like much has changed.

Still, great options all things considered.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 2:36 pm

Food pics

Potato cake after I had a bite.

Trout

Definitely smaller than before. Lol

Blue cheese after I had a bite and after half the crackers fell off during serving. In all fairness, Eli is a very good server.

kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 3:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by Plane-is-home
The lounge is quite loud and it's only 1/3rd occupied I can imagine this being a zoo.
I was there in May for my first visit. It was almost completely full, and it was a zoo. It was far from the tranquil pre-flight experience that I had hoped for and expected. I've been to the IAH Polaris lounge a few times, and although it can be busy and with a waitlist for the dining room, I've never seen it packed to the gills like ORD.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 2:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
I was in yesterday at around 2PM and it was packed. Lightened up a bit around 3:30.

Staff did a nice job of keeping up, but was a bit chaotic.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 5:27 am

Is the lounge still uncrowded in the mornings? I used it once pre-Covid, and it was wonderful. Not sure if I was just lucky. I'm planning to use it in the morning before an ANA flight in August, and I hope it's as peaceful and tranquil as it was the last time I used it.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 10:58 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, DL Diamond, NK Gold, Mariott LT Plat/Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
I was there on Friday evening and it was fairly quiet. The only issue is the sit-down dining is woefully understaffed. We walked up and half the tables were empty. We asked for a table for two and were told it would be at least 45 minutes. I asked how long the waitlist was and he said just one other table. They only had one server and one bus person working. I told him we couldn't wait that long and he seated us. The server took 10 minutes to come over, another 10 to bring drinks, and then the wrong food arrived. We had to go so we made do with what was brought. The table next to us got our order next and they did the same.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 1:37 pm

Programs: United, Southwest
Is there bread available near the coldcuts? I'd like to make my own sandwich to eat instead of braving the cauliflower salad served on Polaris. I see some ready made sandwiches but they look a little messy? I guess I could buy a bagel from somewhere else. Just need stuff to make a 'picnic'. THANKS!
Old Jul 3, 2022, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by WheelsUpGal
Is there bread available near the coldcuts? I'd like to make my own sandwich to eat instead of braving the cauliflower salad served on Polaris. I see some ready made sandwiches but they look a little messy? I guess I could buy a bagel from somewhere else. Just need stuff to make a 'picnic'. THANKS!
David's simple recommendation: tortillas.

David

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.