Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 3, 2016, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Access to Polaris lounges (source):

Hour 6:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. daily
A la carte dining, last seating 8 p. m.

United flights with the premium cabin class listed as 'Polaris Business' qualify for deaparture, connecting and arrival of a United Polaris flight.
UA premium cabin flights not marketed as Polaris, such as Domestic First or International Business (Canada, Mexico, Caribbean, Central America, northern South America, ... ) are not eligible for Polaris lounge access.
For partner, Business or International First, access only at departure airport and same destination restrictions as UA (roughly at least 8+ hours long haul international - TATL, TPAC, yes any UA Polaris destination but no trans-border).

No Guests (except 1 guest for International First partner flights)

{Similar Threads:
Polaris Lounge Roadmap 2017-2018 (wiki) (thread)
EWR Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
IAD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
IAH Polaris lounge (E11/12 - top fl) -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
SFO Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
LAX Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
United Polaris-New Business Class seats & inflight service and new Polaris Lounges (wiki) (thread)}
Consolidated "Polaris Lounge Access Questions" Thread

International T5 ORD partner *G lounges
Print Wikipost

ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2016, 8:05 pm

Programs: UA/*A Gold, Global Entry, Marriott Plat, Hilton+IHG Gold, Hertz PC, DL
the big question: has anyone seen evidence of the bottled water to-go that was featured prominently in the initial polaris video?
Attached Images  
Old Dec 4, 2016, 4:23 am

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
In this day & age there is no excuse for an airline not to serve XO in biz (many serve it in biz & first while some up the game in F to Paradis, etc (which even I admit is over the top for an airline.............but VSOP???? This is an economy only cognac. UA really neeeds to up its game on cognacs
Old Dec 4, 2016, 5:08 am
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
UA really neeeds to up its game on cognacs
I'm not a cognac lover, but a decent armagnac would be very acceptable!
Old Dec 4, 2016, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by warreng24
Agree. The club members are getting screwed yet again.
Actually, they are not. The UC locations will now have fewer people in them as the international F and J passengers will be in the Polaris club.
Originally Posted by Kacee
There's no basis for UC arrivals access for non-UA pax. *A access is departure only. I presume the BP scanner will be programmed per the published rules.
The BP scanners at the Polaris lounge use a new system that is programmed with rules specific to entry. It is designed so agents don't have to enter data and so they know right away whether a passenger is eligible fr entry.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 7:21 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
So, is ORD-YYZ going to get me into Polaris Lounge in Business? I guess I'll try tomorrow. YUZ has always been labeled business.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 7:33 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
No. Not long-haul.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 7:51 am

Programs: UA: Plat, Marriott: Annual Ambassador, Lifetime Grandfather
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
No. Not long-haul.
According to the source used for the Wiki, for access to the United Polaris business lounge, on a United Polaris business class ticket, the entry requirements are:

A boarding pass for travel in United Polaris business class
Customers in United Polaris business class may access a United Polaris lounge at connecting airports and their final destination within 24 hours of arrival or departure of their flight.
The footnote #2, referenced at the top of the column, is:

2Access is not allowed for customers with discounted industry, airline or staff travel tickets, unless specifically stated.
I don't see anything in there about long-haul. Where is that information coming from?

-mvitale
Old Dec 4, 2016, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by mvitale
I don't see anything in there about long-haul. Where is that information coming from?
I heard that frm the management at the lounge.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 7:59 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
On Polaris FAQ page at UA website.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
So tipping of staff is encouraged in this new lounge?
That is beyond lame, and low class by world lounge standards, if this was meant to be a truly premium lounge.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 8:07 am
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Redhat72
United
You do realize that UA doesn't fly BOM-DEN nonstop right?
It Is going to be BOM-EWR-DEN.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by hirohito888
Does BOM-DEN even have Polaris class?
Originally Posted by NH_Clark
I hope it stops in EWR to pick up some fuel 😉
Sorry, my bad. The multi-segment international ticket issued by United is

BOM-EWR-DEN-ORD-LGA/JFK-FRA-BOM

I have always accessed United Club when flying domestic segment with my *A Gold Card on a multi-segment trip on the basis that my itinerary is part of an international trip. Otherwise *A Gold pax are not allowed in United Club when flying domestic.

From few posts above in this thread, it seems that although access to the Polaris club is only for international departures, pax transiting to international destinations are allowed. Yes, it does not mention anything about being part of a multi-segment international trip & hence my original question in the previous posts.

In any case, not a big deal - I will find that out and post on this forum.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 8:56 am

Programs: NZ Elite (*G)
Originally Posted by Redhat72
I have always accessed United Club when flying domestic segment with my *A Gold Card on a multi-segment trip on the basis that my itinerary is part of an international trip. Otherwise *A Gold pax are not allowed in United Club when flying domestic.
*G can access United Club even if traveling only domestically, provided they are not United *G.

I am NZ *G and have never been denied access.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by mvitale
...I don't see anything in there about long-haul. Where is that information coming from?...

If you're flying United, you have to be flying (or be connecting to) a route that has been designated to have a Polaris business or Polaris first cabin. Canadian/Mexican/Central America/Caribbean routes are not Polaris business. They are just International Business - that has not changed. United doesn't spell out "long haul" in the rules, but Polaris is only present on long-haul.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 9:28 am

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by riphamilton
the big question: has anyone seen evidence of the bottled water to-go that was featured prominently in the initial polaris video?
I recall fridges along the first entry (on the wall bordering the food area) and assume you could grab from there.

Originally Posted by rankourabu
So tipping of staff is encouraged in this new lounge?
That is beyond lame, and low class by world lounge standards, if this was meant to be a truly premium lounge.
I would not say encouraged. I would only say allowed and not discouraged. Since nothing is being sold in the lounge, I assume the staff is paid a full wage, and that you would not be judged either way. I didn't start tipping till I saw others doing so.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.