Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 3, 2016, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Access to Polaris lounges (source):

Hour 6:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. daily
A la carte dining, last seating 8 p. m.

United flights with the premium cabin class listed as 'Polaris Business' qualify for deaparture, connecting and arrival of a United Polaris flight.
UA premium cabin flights not marketed as Polaris, such as Domestic First or International Business (Canada, Mexico, Caribbean, Central America, northern South America, ... ) are not eligible for Polaris lounge access.
For partner, Business or International First, access only at departure airport and same destination restrictions as UA (roughly at least 8+ hours long haul international - TATL, TPAC, yes any UA Polaris destination but no trans-border).

No Guests (except 1 guest for International First partner flights)

{Similar Threads:
Polaris Lounge Roadmap 2017-2018 (wiki) (thread)
EWR Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
IAD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
IAH Polaris lounge (E11/12 - top fl) -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
SFO Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
LAX Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
United Polaris-New Business Class seats & inflight service and new Polaris Lounges (wiki) (thread)}
Consolidated "Polaris Lounge Access Questions" Thread

International T5 ORD partner *G lounges
Print Wikipost

ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2022, 6:12 pm

Programs: Alaska 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, *A Gold w/ Krisflyer Gold
ORD: Polaris Lounge Visit with T5 Departure?

Hi all,

I'm flying in business class on Swiss tmrw outta O'Hare, which means T5... unfortunately I have to check a bag so I'll have to go drop it there when the check-in counter opens

After that, do I just have to take the bus back to T1 and go thru security in order to visit the Polaris lounge ahead of my flight?

(And then... of course budget enough time to get back to T5 and through security there before boarding concludes)

There's no airside transfers from T5 to anywhere else... right? (I would love to be wrong!)
Old Mar 9, 2022, 6:48 pm

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by 18wheeler_vanrekt
Hi all,

I'm flying in business class on Swiss tmrw outta O'Hare, which means T5... unfortunately I have to check a bag so I'll have to go drop it there when the check-in counter opens

After that, do I just have to take the bus back to T1 and go thru security in order to visit the Polaris lounge ahead of my flight?

(And then... of course budget enough time to get back to T5 and through security there before boarding concludes)

There's no airside transfers from T5 to anywhere else... right? (I would love to be wrong!)
After checking in at the LX counter, you "can" take an landside bus from T5 to T1 but the prefered means is the ATS (train) which stops right inside T5 (landside). Just reverse the process to get back to T5 where you'll have to clear security again.
Old Mar 9, 2022, 7:59 pm

Programs: Alaska 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, *A Gold w/ Krisflyer Gold
Thanks! Didn’t remember there was the Train as it was under construction during both my passes thru T5 last year
Old Mar 25, 2022, 12:46 pm

Programs: Former UA1K transitioning to WFBF mentality
In ORD Polaris lounge right now. Dining space relatively small and started getting busy around 1:30pm (assuming with European arrivals and 3:35pm to FRA). Got pasta within 10 min or so, and drinks relatively quick. Decent Lanson champagne and good Prisoner red. Pasta pretty decent, ooey gooey butter cake - a STL speciality - pretty darn close too. All in all, pretty good place to pass a few hours. Not reproducing food menu as it is the same as upthread.
Attached Images      
cesco.g, MatthewLAX and kirkwoodj like this.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by 18wheeler_vanrekt
Hi all,

Airside transfers have not returned, but train is running once again. It's worth it...lounges in T5 are deplorable.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 7:36 pm
Moderator: United Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Moved an extended discussion on the ORD T5 partner lounges to https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...g-lounges.html

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator
Old Mar 26, 2022, 5:52 am

Programs: JAL Global Club & oneworld Sapphire, ANA SFC & Star Alliance Gold
Question about the menu in post 1005. The omelet seems to be made of egg whites, right? Pre-covid, they used whole eggs. I've noticed that the J class breakfasts also only have egg whites. What is this trend against using whole eggs?? Is this happening everywhere or only on UA? I feel cheated when the only option I get is egg whites instead of whole eggs.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 4:56 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum and whatever Amex platinum gives me.
I seldom mention personnel in my reviews, but what a horrible experience at ORD airport Terminal 1 C because of XXXXX who works at this lounge. She is a terrible representative for the United Polaris brand and I had a thoroughly unpleasant experience checking in here. I was flying United Polaris connecting in ORD and am also a United Club member. XXXXX was stern, cold, demeaning, insulting and rude, with no consideration that I had just got off anotyer 10 hour star alliance flight. She basically barked at me and said that United made a mistake calling my United Polaris booking connection on a 787..."It's a mistake, that's not Polaris" as she actually face palmed me and pointed at the door. So I hope you see this, United Airlines. It says Polaris First class on my booking, UA flight 844 United Boeing 787 en route via Sao Paolo connecting in ORD.
I now understand that international United flights with a stop over or connecting in Chicago, even when seated in the Polaris cabin on the plane, can’t use this club. There are nicer ways to explain things about your lounge policy and a kinder way to treat United customers and Club members rather than the way you do, XXXXX.
The other service reps were more helpful and understanding.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Mar 29, 2022 at 5:02 pm Reason: Per FT policy, no use of non-exec airline personnel names -- contact UA to register personnel complaints
Old Mar 29, 2022, 5:06 pm
Moderator: United Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by millemiglia
I seldom mention personnel in my reviews, but what a horrible experience at ORD airport Terminal 1 C because of XXXXX who works at this lounge. She is a terrible representative for the United Polaris brand and I had a thoroughly unpleasant experience checking in here. I was flying United Polaris connecting in ORD and am also a United Club member. XXXXX was stern, cold, demeaning, insulting and rude, with no consideration that I had just got off anotyer 10 hour star alliance flight. She basically barked at me and said that United made a mistake calling my United Polaris booking connection on a 787..."It's a mistake, that's not Polaris" as she actually face palmed me and pointed at the door. So I hope you see this, United Airlines. It says Polaris First class on my booking, UA flight 844 United Boeing 787 en route via Sao Paolo connecting in ORD.
I now understand that international United flights with a stop over or connecting in Chicago, even when seated in the Polaris cabin on the plane, can’t use this club. There are nicer ways to explain things about your lounge policy and a kinder way to treat United customers and Club members rather than the way you do, XXXXX.
The other service reps were more helpful and understanding.
A couple things here are confusing

What was your arriving flight?
What was your departing flight?
Which flight was Polaris class?
Assume you mean Polaris Business, there is not such thing as Polaris First.
If you had a same day Polaris business flight, then PL access is included
Arriving partner flights are not included

If you want to complain about UA personnel, it is best to email UA directly. Posting on FT is not an effective means of communicating to UA.
Xyzzy likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 11:59 am

Programs: UA 1k (12 year fallen GS) 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Currently in the Lounge - nothing much has changed but the food quality has gone down significantly - fortunately what hasn’t changed is the local team - I haven’t been here in well over two years and I walk in and they come around the desk and give me a hug - and the the local premium service manager (Steve) comes in to the club while I’m having lunch and thanks me for coming back!

Below are some pics of the food - the burger is worse than MCD now - but the trout was solid - as were the deserts - and the views of the planes here are still the best in the network!

artvandalay and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 11:27 pm
formerly 1984SW

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
Below are some pics of the food - the burger is worse than MCD now - but the trout was solid - as were the deserts - and the views of the planes here are still the best in the network!

Is that the "Beef short rib burger" from the menu? If so, where's the tomato and lettuce?
Old Apr 14, 2022, 11:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by wpcoe
Is that the "Beef short rib burger" from the menu? If so, where's the tomato and lettuce?
ORD-specific endemic pandemic shortage.

David
Old Apr 15, 2022, 5:08 am

Programs: UA 1k (12 year fallen GS) 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by DELee
ORD-specific endemic pandemic shortage.

David
Lol - good one -- I asked them to hold the L&T....
SPN Lifer and wpcoe like this.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 6:05 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist Caesars Wyndham Diamond, MGM Gold
Sorry if this asked already. Searched and couldn't find

Will be arriving in ORD (T5) on United Polaris Business class from Japan. Then have a long 6 hour layover in ORD before my next flight to DEN. All on one ticket. Planning to visit the Polaris lounge in T1 near C18.

https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly...es/access.html - I see the below in the terms

"Re-entry to the airport after clearing customs is not permitted without further eligible onward travel. Access upon arrival is available to customers who have already made a domestic connection."

What do they mean by "who have already made a domestic connection"? Just means getting in to T1? Because thats covered in their former re-entry sentence. It just sounds as if you must have already taken a domestic flight. I am clearly wrong. But, just making sure we should have no problem getting into the lounge? Also, the next flight to DEN will most likely be in E or F gate which is T2. So, entering T1 6 hours before flight should not be a problem, correct? An hour or so before DEN flight, we could just walk from Polaris lounge (C18) to E or F gate and don't have to redo security I guess. May be even go to the club lounge near the gate
Old Apr 15, 2022, 6:11 pm

Programs: MileagePlus-Premier Silver, Marriott Bonvoy-Silver Elite
I don’t know the layout of ORD airport so can’t speak to that, but if you’re flying United Polaris you have access to the lounge after arrival in the US if you have a domestic connection. If you’re final destination is ORD, in this case, no Polaris lounge for you since you cannot re-enter the secure area without a valid BP. I think that’s what they are referring to?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.