Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

Old Dec 3, 2016, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Access to Polaris lounges (source):

Hour 6:00 a.m. 9:00 p.m. daily
A la carte dining, last seating 8 p. m.

United flights with the premium cabin class listed as 'Polaris Business' qualify for deaparture, connecting and arrival of a United Polaris flight.
UA premium cabin flights not marketed as Polaris, such as Domestic First or International Business (Canada, Mexico, Caribbean, Central America, northern South America, ... ) are not eligible for Polaris lounge access.
For partner, Business or International First, access only at departure airport and same destination restrictions as UA (roughly at least 8+ hours long haul international - TATL, TPAC, yes any UA Polaris destination but no trans-border).

No Guests (except 1 guest for International First partner flights)

{Similar Threads:
Polaris Lounge Roadmap 2017-2018 (wiki) (thread)
EWR Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
IAD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
IAH Polaris lounge (E11/12 - top fl) -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
SFO Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
LAX Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
United Polaris-New Business Class seats & inflight service and new Polaris Lounges (wiki) (thread)}
Consolidated "Polaris Lounge Access Questions" Thread

International T5 ORD partner *G lounges
Print Wikipost

ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

Old Apr 14, 2020, 7:36 am
Suspended

Programs: ,united 1k, AA EXP, HH Diamond,BA gold, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by cesco.g
And the ORD PL will be open to begin with .....
I am traveling to London in August also on the 9pm in Polaris. I am beginning to get worried the lounge will not be open by then.
Old Apr 14, 2020, 7:55 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Plat, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by united 1k flyer
I am traveling to London in August also on the 9pm in Polaris. I am beginning to get worried the lounge will not be open by then.
I am hopeful "open with restrictions" starts kicking for restaurants and the like by July 4th. But that is only a hope at this point.
Old Dec 7, 2021, 5:19 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Open. Staff seems excited to be back in business.
Old Dec 7, 2021, 7:21 am

Programs: United 1K (2.3MM), Marriott Lifetime Titanium
yes! and in the nick of time! Flying through there to LHR two weeks (hopefully!)
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2021, 12:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How's the "new" catering? Curious to see the menu.
Old Dec 9, 2021, 7:40 am

Location: New to BWI as of 2021; say hi if you're in the area!
Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by cesco.g
How's the "new" catering? Curious to see the menu.
Here right now! Here's the sit-down menu:

Here are some other pics of the buffet. I didn't take the lids off all the hot food in the center island, except the pumpkin pepitas pancakes...YUM!

Not all parts are well-stocked...but then again the lounge is pretty empty rn so it's not necessary:

One last observation -- I wish this lounge had the individual phone booths like at EWR/IAD, both so that I could use them and also so that others could use them.

Last edited by Ocn Vw 1K; Dec 9, 2021 at 10:51 am Reason: Combine consecutive posts of same member.
Old Dec 9, 2021, 9:07 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by autobahnal
Can get short rib in PL and on board! Awesome!!!
Old Dec 9, 2021, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by autobahnal

TX "Omlet" is back!

David
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2021, 2:17 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
So I just swung through on a connecting flight and the cavatelli pasta on the dine-in menu looks very similar to the pasta on offer at the buffet. Hmmm. Buffet is def downsized a bit in terms of quality and variety of offerings. Bar still had Piper as champagne. All in all, glad its back! And it was quite busy already. I overheard a number of people saying they had been directed there from UCs, so kudos to UA for spreading the word and letting eligible pax be aware.
Final is IAH so will swing by there for a bit before heading home. Welcome back PLs!
Old Dec 13, 2021, 7:07 pm

Here now. Yes Angel's Envy is still here. The dinner buffet looked pretty comprehensive. They had a few dishes with nods to Chicago as well (Chicken Vesuvio and Sausage and Peppers). Not crowded at all at 8PM. Staffhas been excellent.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 8:06 am

Programs: UA, 1K
Was there last Saturday...The vaunted united hamburger is now worse than what you get at any fast food joint for $5. Very thin patty, no toppings other than virulently yellow half melted cheese, pale tomato, lettuce. Do yourself a favor and don't order it. Other items in the sit down menu were mostly good (not as good as before, but not as bad as the hamburger). Buffet quality was also substantially lower (cheaper cold cuts, no desserts other than cookies, overall less selection). For comparison the Banco Safra lounge at GRU (open to any *-gold or any PP holder) puts the Polaris lounge to shame. Exceedingly slow (but attentive) service

Safe travels
Old Dec 15, 2021, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
The best part about the lounge was always the staff. Are they back and as attentive as ever? Our best story is they kept track of us and proactively rebooked us during a long day of weather related delays. Always a step ahead. To the point where we’d roll back into another lounge to ask about getting rebooked to be told “you’ve already been rebooked. Repeatedly.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Ill be there next week on a connection UA to LX. Will have eight hours on the ground so will enjoy the lounge before exiting security and taking the awful train to T5 (unless there is a bus for Star Alliance connecting passengers these days like AA used to provide pre-Covid for some flights)?
Old Jan 2, 2022, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Ill be there next week on a connection UA to LX. Will have eight hours on the ground so will enjoy the lounge before exiting security and taking the awful train to T5 (unless there is a bus for Star Alliance connecting passengers these days like AA used to provide pre-Covid for some flights)?
The airside bus (which is now run by the airport, not a specific airline, and serves both T1 and T3 <-> T5) is still not operating due to Covid. You will have to exit security and take the train (which is operating again after lengthy construction).
Old Jan 2, 2022, 2:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Great visit yesterday, my first time back in almost 22 months! Good to see a bustling Polaris Lounge again. The staff were great (particularly the bartender, all the dining room staff, and shower attendant). Still working out some supply chain issues (Polaris Burger not quite back yet and no cocktail/drink list available) but otherwise a great visit.

-FlyerBeek
kirkwoodj and IndyHoosier like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.