Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 3, 2016, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Access to Polaris lounges (source):

Hour 6:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. daily
A la carte dining, last seating 8 p. m.

United flights with the premium cabin class listed as 'Polaris Business' qualify for deaparture, connecting and arrival of a United Polaris flight.
UA premium cabin flights not marketed as Polaris, such as Domestic First or International Business (Canada, Mexico, Caribbean, Central America, northern South America, ... ) are not eligible for Polaris lounge access.
For partner, Business or International First, access only at departure airport and same destination restrictions as UA (roughly at least 8+ hours long haul international - TATL, TPAC, yes any UA Polaris destination but no trans-border).

No Guests (except 1 guest for International First partner flights)

{Similar Threads:
Polaris Lounge Roadmap 2017-2018 (wiki) (thread)
EWR Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
IAD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
IAH Polaris lounge (E11/12 - top fl) -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
SFO Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
LAX Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
United Polaris-New Business Class seats & inflight service and new Polaris Lounges (wiki) (thread)}
Consolidated "Polaris Lounge Access Questions" Thread

International T5 ORD partner *G lounges
Print Wikipost

ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2018, 11:10 am

ORD Excellent

Just finished a very enjoyable lunch in the ORD Polaris Lounge. Much improved since my previous pre-expansion visit. Not overcrowded, and the hamburger and tuna plate were both fabulous. Great place to crash for a few hours.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 11:15 am

Programs: UA MP
Originally Posted by glbltvlr
Just finished a very enjoyable lunch in the ORD Polaris Lounge. Much improved since my previous pre-expansion visit. Not overcrowded, and the hamburger and tuna plate were both fabulous. Great place to crash for a few hours.
I personally prefer the a-la-carte food items at the ORD lounge vs SFO
Old Aug 31, 2018, 7:05 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by erickliu
And from what I read about the SFO Lounge, it seems that the buffet is better at ORD too.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by erickliu
Indeed. Would love to enjoy that tuna in the SFO lounge.

Originally Posted by StuckinITH
And from what I read about the SFO Lounge, it seems that the buffet is better at ORD too.
What is the buffet selection like these days?
Old Sep 3, 2018, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by cesco.g
Indeed. Would love to enjoy that tuna in the SFO lounge.

What is the buffet selection like these days?
Last time I was there was in mid-July. I would say the buffet menu has been the same every time since I first went in May 2017. I have been 8 times this year. For breakfast, I like the smoked salmon (it's better quality than the one I can find in my supermarkets). For lunch to dinner, it's hard to describe but they have a lot of little dishes (different salads) and a lot of warm things in little pans (my favorite is the teriyaki salmon). I like that way of presenting things as from big pots after some people serve themselves the food does not look enticing anymore. Then on another side of the Lounge, they have in-house made chips (or at least that's what one of the persons working there told me, I mean that they are made in-house). I have never done the a la carte dining. Maybe I should try it next time. The only problem is that they enhanced the Vosges mint chocolates. They were addictive.......
Old Sep 3, 2018, 6:02 pm

Programs: UA MP
Last time I was there was in mid-July. I would say the buffet menu has been the same every time since I first went in May 2017. I have been 8 times this year. For breakfast, I like the smoked salmon (it's better quality than the one I can find in my supermarkets). For lunch to dinner, it's hard to describe but they have a lot of little dishes (different salads) and a lot of warm things in little pans (my favorite is the teriyaki salmon). I like that way of presenting things as from big pots after some people serve themselves the food does not look enticing anymore. Then on another side of the Lounge, they have in-house made chips (or at least that's what one of the persons working there told me, I mean that they are made in-house). I have never done the a la carte dining. Maybe I should try it next time. The only problem is that they enhanced the Vosges mint chocolates. They were addictive.......
I agree, Big fan of the small skillet pans as well. SFO has that old "plate it yourself" feeling and it feels less premium... Aside from the ramen situation, which sadly imo, couldn't be worse.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 5:30 am
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
Flying Lufthansa business next Sunday evening. Will probably be at the airport around 6PM. How busy will the al la carte dining section be then? Can I expect to get a seat/table?
Old Sep 30, 2018, 5:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ksu
Flying Lufthansa business next Sunday evening. Will probably be at the airport around 6PM. How busy will the al la carte dining section be then? Can I expect to get a seat/table?
Should be fine.
ksu likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 5:04 pm

Flying ANA First class from Narita into ORD January 5th with my wife. Connecting to YYZ Toronto on Air Canada Business class (same rewards booking, first class not offered).

We have a 5 hour layover. I guess there’s nothing I can do to get into the lounge as it seems as though we don’t qualify ?
Old Oct 1, 2018, 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by tush17
Flying ANA First class from Narita into ORD January 5th with my wife. Connecting to YYZ Toronto on Air Canada Business class (same rewards booking, first class not offered).

We have a 5 hour layover. I guess there’s nothing I can do to get into the lounge as it seems as though we don’t qualify ?

You are right, you will not have access to the ORD Polaris Lounge but I think that your flight to YYZ in Business Class should qualify you for access to one of the UCs.

Fly United from Narita in Polaris to qualify to go to the ORD Polaris Lounge while waiting for your connection to YYZ.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 4:46 pm
ksu

Originally Posted by fumje
Should be fine.
To update: three other parties in the restaurant. Quick service, excellent food. due to a delay I also visited the United Club at B16. Two totally different worlds
Old Oct 8, 2018, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by ksu
To update: three other parties in the restaurant. Quick service, excellent food. due to a delay I also visited the United Club at B16. Two totally different worlds
I think you wanted to write the UC at C16. That is the worst UC in ORD as it does not have hot food (no kitchen). I made the mistake twice to go there when I was flying domestic. Never again. But when I'm flying in Polaris Business I would never think of stopping there.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 8:16 am
ksu

I think you wanted to write the UC at C16. That is the worst UC in ORD as it does not have hot food (no kitchen). I made the mistake twice to go there when I was flying domestic. Never again. But when I'm flying in Polaris Business I would never think of stopping there.
No, the one across from my Lufthansa gate, which was B16. But I see that the official location is "Terminal 1, Concourse B, near Gate B18". I had already eaten and drunk well at the Polaris lounge, so I just went in to wait for my delayed boarding. Not worth a trek back to the Polaris lounge, and better than waiting in the gate area.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by ksu
No, the one across from my Lufthansa gate, which was B16. But I see that the official location is "Terminal 1, Concourse B, near Gate B18". I had already eaten and drunk well at the Polaris lounge, so I just went in to wait for my delayed boarding. Not worth a trek back to the Polaris lounge, and better than waiting in the gate area.
Now I get it. Naturally, after visiting the Polaris Lounge there's no way that any of the UCs will be pleasant for Business Class passengers.

If you are returning to ORD on Lufthansa in Business Class on another trip (since you are based in Europe), you will not have access to the Polaris Lounge. My order of preference for the ORD UCs is B6, F8, B18 and then C16
Old Oct 10, 2018, 8:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
I visited the SFO Polaris a few months back. My review and photos are here

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29891763-post327.html

I was in the UA ORD Polaris the other day. As expected, it had a different feel and space.
I found the service in the Dining Room to be much better at ORD, but I would say it was due to the excellent staff person who served me.
Here are my photos and some comments.

Some great views out the window.

My day was looking much better.

Very nice (ordered it without the egg)

OUTSTANDING.

Yum!

Some snack items.

Items at the main buffet stations

narvik likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.