Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 3, 2016, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Access to Polaris lounges (source):

Hour 6:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. daily
A la carte dining, last seating 8 p. m.

United flights with the premium cabin class listed as 'Polaris Business' qualify for deaparture, connecting and arrival of a United Polaris flight.
UA premium cabin flights not marketed as Polaris, such as Domestic First or International Business (Canada, Mexico, Caribbean, Central America, northern South America, ... ) are not eligible for Polaris lounge access.
For partner, Business or International First, access only at departure airport and same destination restrictions as UA (roughly at least 8+ hours long haul international - TATL, TPAC, yes any UA Polaris destination but no trans-border).

No Guests (except 1 guest for International First partner flights)

{Similar Threads:
Polaris Lounge Roadmap 2017-2018 (wiki) (thread)
EWR Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
IAD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
IAH Polaris lounge (E11/12 - top fl) -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
SFO Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
LAX Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
United Polaris-New Business Class seats & inflight service and new Polaris Lounges (wiki) (thread)}
Consolidated "Polaris Lounge Access Questions" Thread

International T5 ORD partner *G lounges
Print Wikipost

ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2018, 12:21 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by SkiPremier
Sitting in Polaris Lounge now. I'd say about 60% full, plenty of seats available. Ordered a cocktail and a cappuccino, bartender grunted, chucked the saucer at me and then made the two drinks. An employee came up and ordered their Tangerine & Tonic cocktail from the menu for someone sitting, bartender rolled his eyes and loudly said "Really? At 10:00 in the morning?!", it was 10:30. Few of us at the bar looked at each other in disbelief. He's been swapped out now, much friendlier person. I've been to this lounge about 7 times and haven't ever had anything negative to say. Just odd behavior. Otherwise, everything else is good!
That must not be the same employee that has been there every time I was in the Polaris Lounge. The one I know is very jolly. Sometimes even too jolly when I arrive early in the morning and I'm not fully awake.
SkiPremier likes this.
Old May 13, 2018, 12:02 pm

Programs: UA GS
Sitting in ORD lounge now. Wanted to report that Veuve has been replaced with Piper-Heidsieck.
Old May 13, 2018, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by villox
Sitting in ORD lounge now. Wanted to report that Veuve has been replaced with Piper-Heidsieck.
I knew that a downgrade was coming. It was too good to stay forever, especially with the opening of other Polaris Lounges. But sad that you give me the bad news two days before my Polaris Business flight from ORD.
Old May 23, 2018, 12:18 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Bartender 2 weeks ago was not very friendly. Did not give any garnishes unless specifically asked (e.g. no paper plane for the "paper plane" cocktail).

The waiter at the dining area was particularly unfriendly. We were prepared to dine there and leave a tip but his attitude was so offputting that we decided to help ourselves from the buffet.
rhwbullhead and SkiPremier like this.
Old May 23, 2018, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by StuckinITH
I knew that a downgrade was coming. It was too good to stay forever, especially with the opening of other Polaris Lounges. But sad that you give me the bad news two days before my Polaris Business flight from ORD.
Definitively gone? For a while, perhaps a short while (March?), they had both.
Old May 23, 2018, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by fumje
Definitively gone? For a while, perhaps a short while (March?), they had both.
It is possible they were simply out of Veuve when I was there, but I specifically asked for it and told they only had Piper-Heidsieck. Until someone reports a Veuve sighting I would assume there's been a change.
Old May 23, 2018, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It is possible they were simply out of Veuve when I was there, but I specifically asked for it and told they only had Piper-Heidsieck. Until someone reports a Veuve sighting I would assume there's been a change.
Well, I was waiting for that shoe.
Old May 23, 2018, 3:19 pm

Programs: 1K
Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
Bartender 2 weeks ago was not very friendly. Did not give any garnishes unless specifically asked (e.g. no paper plane for the "paper plane" cocktail).

The waiter at the dining area was particularly unfriendly. We were prepared to dine there and leave a tip but his attitude was so offputting that we decided to help ourselves from the buffet.
Had to be the same bartender I've now encountered twice. I get everyone had bad days, but people both times were kind of in awe at how he treated some customers.
Old May 23, 2018, 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by SkiPremier
Had to be the same bartender I've now encountered twice. I get everyone had bad days, but people both times were kind of in awe at how he treated some customers.
Was in Polaris Lounge on May 15th. No Veuve Clicquot as expected (as I was warned about it two days before my flight). My wife did make a comment to the bartender about it. Bartender answered in a an angry tone that it was not his fault. Obviously it was not the jolly bartender who we saw in all our previous visits in this Polaris Lounge. He would have made a joke out of it.

The attendant in the shower who gives the newspapers was out of newspapers (at 3 PM) but she didn't say it was not her fault. My wife ended up chatting with her for 10 minutes as there were no customers at that time. My wife ended up visiting UCs to get the newspapers. She went to three (the one in Concourse C and the two in Concourse B) where the agents who let people in were all very nice and tried to tell her that the Polaris Lounge was way nicer.
SkiPremier likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 11:41 am

Programs: IB+ Emerald (Platino), M&M Senator (Gold), Meliá Rewards Platino, NH Platinum
I have a flight ORD-WAW in C (Terminal 5). I think I can enter the Polaris Lounge, if I have a (UA) domestic connection that arrives to Terminal 1, right?

On the other hand, would TSA allow me to clear the security at Terminal 1 with LO boarding pass, just to enter the Polaris Lounge?

Thx
Old Jun 2, 2018, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by Marcin83
I have a flight ORD-WAW in C (Terminal 5). I think I can enter the Polaris Lounge, if I have a (UA) domestic connection that arrives to Terminal 1, right?

On the other hand, would TSA allow me to clear the security at Terminal 1 with LO boarding pass, just to enter the Polaris Lounge?

Thx
Yes to both. I used the Polaris lounge in December when departing ORD on an OZ flight. No problems entering through TSA. Just need to leave enough time to get to and re-enter security at T5.
Marcin83 likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 12:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Question

I've read through the past several pages and it's a bit unclear: In the wake of it's expansion, is the ORD Polaris lounge still jammed in the afternoon? And what times seem to be busiest?

Thanks for any info.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 5:07 am

Originally Posted by Thunderroad
I've read through the past several pages and it's a bit unclear: In the wake of it's expansion, is the ORD Polaris lounge still jammed in the afternoon? And what times seem to be busiest?

Thanks for any info.
My wife and I were there in May on a Tuesday for the 6:10 PM flight to MUC. We arrived at 2:30 PM. It was not jammed at any time. When we arrived there were plenty of choices of seats for two passengers traveling together. Never had to wait for a refill of champagne. Never was there a line for the toilets (this seems to be an issue at the SFO one).

Earlier this year, we had Fridays or Saturdays flights to Asia that leave between 10 AM and 1:25 PM. And the returns were on Saturdays or Sundays and we had to wait many hours in the PL for our 8:00 PM flight home. Also, plenty of seats for us to choose.

The expansion really helped solve the jamming situation.

Last edited by StuckinITH; Jun 16, 2018 at 5:41 am
Old Jun 16, 2018, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by StuckinITH
My wife and I were there in May on a Tuesday for the 6:10 PM flight to MUC. We arrived at 2:30 PM. It was not jammed at any time. When we arrived there were plenty of choices of seats for two passengers traveling together. Never had to wait for a refill of champagne. Never was there a line for the toilets (this seems to be an issue at the SFO one).

Earlier this year, we had Fridays or Saturdays flights to Asia that leave between 10 AM and 1:25 PM. And the returns were on Saturdays or Sundays and we had to wait many hours in the PL for our 8:00 PM flight home. Also, plenty of seats for us to choose.

The expansion really helped solve the jamming situation.
Thanks very much for this info. Good to know.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 11:19 am

I have a long layover and wanted to go downtown for the afternoon. Is there storage for roller bags in the lounge so that I'm not forced to carry them downtown with me?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.