Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

Old Dec 3, 2016, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Access to Polaris lounges (source):

Hour 6:00 a.m. 9:00 p.m. daily
A la carte dining, last seating 8 p. m.

United flights with the premium cabin class listed as 'Polaris Business' qualify for deaparture, connecting and arrival of a United Polaris flight.
UA premium cabin flights not marketed as Polaris, such as Domestic First or International Business (Canada, Mexico, Caribbean, Central America, northern South America, ... ) are not eligible for Polaris lounge access.
For partner, Business or International First, access only at departure airport and same destination restrictions as UA (roughly at least 8+ hours long haul international - TATL, TPAC, yes any UA Polaris destination but no trans-border).

No Guests (except 1 guest for International First partner flights)

{Similar Threads:
Polaris Lounge Roadmap 2017-2018 (wiki) (thread)
EWR Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
IAD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
IAH Polaris lounge (E11/12 - top fl) -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
SFO Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
LAX Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
United Polaris-New Business Class seats & inflight service and new Polaris Lounges (wiki) (thread)}
Consolidated "Polaris Lounge Access Questions" Thread

International T5 ORD partner *G lounges
Print Wikipost

ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

Old Dec 2, 2016, 3:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Global Entry
Arriving in ORD on Austrian C, connecting five hours later on to UA domestically. Would I be eligible to use the Polaris Lounge during my layover? Should I present my Austrian boarding pass?
Old Dec 2, 2016, 3:47 pm

Programs: United 1K
Originally Posted by milepig
If too scale, this will be a source of complaints when the Club reopens. That looks like a MAJOR downgrade of square footage relative to the old club.
This has been my concern. Even removing international Business/First members, there are a lot of UC members who use the C concourse - it has been very convenient and at times crowded. Will have to see how it ends up.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 3:47 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, MP Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by sannmann
Arriving in ORD on Austrian C, connecting five hours later on to UA domestically. Would I be eligible to use the Polaris Lounge during my layover? Should I present my Austrian boarding pass?
Short answer is yes, if you flew in biz or F cabin. Present your pass and come on in. Be sure to say hi 😀 Enjoy.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by fullnelson3
Short answer is yes, if you flew in biz or F cabin. Present your pass and come on in. Be sure to say hi 😀 Enjoy.
This is not correct.

If you flew inbound on a Star Alliance airline in business or first class, and continuing on to United, you'll have access to United Clubs. United Polaris lounge access for Star Alliance premium cabin is only when you are departing, not upon arrival.

https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...ge/access.aspx

International business class on a Star Alliance member airline A boarding pass for travel in international business class on a Star Alliance member airline
Customers may only access a United Polaris lounge at the departure airport for their international business class flight.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Short answer is yes, if you flew in biz or F cabin. Present your pass and come on in. Be sure to say hi �� Enjoy.
The shorter (and correct) answer is "no", but sannmann's welcome at a United Club.
rhwbullhead likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 4:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, AA GLD
Originally Posted by sannmann
Originally Posted by uber1K_Flyer
This has been my concern. Even removing international Business/First members, there are a lot of UC members who use the C concourse - it has been very convenient and at times crowded. Will have to see how it ends up.
https://twitter.com/united/status/804041995731673088 suggests otherwise.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 4:31 pm

Programs: UA GS
I won't bother posting pictures since I think there's plenty out there already, but I do have some new observations/updates to add:

- Tipping etiquette was a bit unclear at first, but it does appear people are tipping so we started to.
- There are a lot of staff taking care of you, and it's not just Sodexo/United type people, but it's not to the extent where you never need to go to the bar.
- The bartenders are definitely more mixologist type bartenders with a lot of care for the drinks/craft cocktails. I can't remember ever seeing this in any Airport lounge, ever. They're dressed in vests with newsboy caps. Very classy.
- The concierge was walking around offering his services and said "feel free to be creative". I'm heading to MUC for just the weekend and we were thinking of going to Salzburg for an afternoon so I asked him to suggest the top things we can do for 5-7 hours accessible from the train station. A little while later I had an email with some recommendations and a top-rated tour. It appears to be outsourced to a company called Circle Company Associates. Nothing I couldn't google but I'm sure people more used to using Concierge services could request something more creative.
- at 5pm the lounge was PACKED for about 20 minutes. Out of seats with people circling. I guess this would diminish over time as people spend less time here and the excitement wanes but I'd expect the 6pm flights to have the toughest time. It was empty from 2-4. During the summer months with the seasonal flights this could become a problem.
- The temporary food is not really substantial at all. I'm not sure why they couldn't bring over some lasagna from the United Clubs in the interim, but for now it's just some salmon on toasts, some salad, and a few cold dishes. Obviously just a temporary problem though...If food isn't ready in 9 days when I'm back I'll eat beforehand.
- There is no indication you can get pajamas in the lounge, apparently this is just something they're thinking about doing. But it would seem they would still only do it for the 12 hour flights even if they did hand them out. No loophole!

I have a bit of whiplash going from the temporary C club a couple months ago to this experience. It's really great and can't wait for it to be fully operational.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 5:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, HH Diamond, Marriott 'clink clink' Titanium
Any info on AM snacks? I have 4+ hours to kill next Thursday.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by Dublin_rfk
Any info on AM snacks? I have 4+ hours to kill next Thursday.
From the previous posts it looked like muffins etc. if you want anything hot, ironically, you may need to go to the UC.
Old Dec 3, 2016, 5:04 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, HH Diamond, Marriott 'clink clink' Titanium
Originally Posted by villox
From the previous posts it looked like muffins etc. if you want anything hot, ironically, you may need to go to the UC.
At least it's a short walk.
Old Dec 3, 2016, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by Dublin_rfk
At least it's a short walk.
Well, the UC in C is closed for now!
Old Dec 3, 2016, 9:20 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL SM/MM, AA Gold, HH Dia, PC Plat, ALL Gold, MR Gold
Here's a summary of Polaris lounge access, which I added to the wiki because I think it will be a frequent question.
Attached Images  
Old Dec 3, 2016, 9:29 am

Programs: UA GS 4MM
Originally Posted by villox
Only until 12/15 (they promise...)
Old Dec 3, 2016, 9:35 am

My itinerary is part of an international trip (multi-city): BOM-DEN-ORD-LGA-JFK-BOM all in Business. I will be transiting via ORD to LGA, traveling United First. Will I be allowed in the Polaris lounge?
Old Dec 3, 2016, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by Redhat72
My itinerary is part of an international trip (multi-city): BOM-DEN-ORD-LGA-JFK-BOM all in Business. I will be transiting via ORD to LGA, traveling United First. Will I be allowed in the Polaris lounge?
BOM-DEN? With who?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.