Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 3, 2016, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Access to Polaris lounges (source):

Hour 6:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. daily
A la carte dining, last seating 8 p. m.

United flights with the premium cabin class listed as 'Polaris Business' qualify for deaparture, connecting and arrival of a United Polaris flight.
UA premium cabin flights not marketed as Polaris, such as Domestic First or International Business (Canada, Mexico, Caribbean, Central America, northern South America, ... ) are not eligible for Polaris lounge access.
For partner, Business or International First, access only at departure airport and same destination restrictions as UA (roughly at least 8+ hours long haul international - TATL, TPAC, yes any UA Polaris destination but no trans-border).

No Guests (except 1 guest for International First partner flights)

{Similar Threads:
Polaris Lounge Roadmap 2017-2018 (wiki) (thread)
EWR Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
IAD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
IAH Polaris lounge (E11/12 - top fl) -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
SFO Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
LAX Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
United Polaris-New Business Class seats & inflight service and new Polaris Lounges (wiki) (thread)}
Consolidated "Polaris Lounge Access Questions" Thread

International T5 ORD partner *G lounges
Print Wikipost

ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2018, 10:24 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by D582
No, it is not clear. That footnote makes reference to United Polaris and United Business, both of which you would find on United-operated flights. A flight on another Star Alliance airline may have Business Class or First Class, but it is not United Polaris or United Business.

A UA ORD-YYZ J flight features United Business®, so they get United Club access. No arguments there.

A AC ORD-YYZ J flight is an international business class flight on a Star Alliance airline, not United Polaris or United Business®.

If it is United's policy to exclude AC ORD-YYZ pax, then they need to explicitly state that in the access rules for Star Alliance International Business Class customers. Because at the moment, it doesn't state that at all.
Fair enough, I agree with you. You'd think that a policy change they had over 5 months ago would reflect on either their website, or *A, but I can't find it on either for the long haul stipulation they implemented on 10/1/2017. If someone else can, please chime in, but I certainly don't see it.

Regardless, it won't change the Dragons denying entrance, and it has been published elsewhere, but I can't find it on an "official channel" anywhere...

United Cuts Polaris Lounge Access For Air Canada Passengers - One Mile at a Time
Old Feb 21, 2018, 11:06 pm

Programs: United
Just to confirm, I had no issue using the POLARIS lounge at ORD on my ORD-LAX-MEL trip.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 11:22 am
Suspended

Programs: BA
Exclamation revisit

Originally Posted by Global321
I am aware. Very unusual to have a person with boston in their alias (and posts indicating they are based in Boston) to be an elite in non-US program based. Missed that. Anyway, continue with your stories. I believe you were at the part that AA cared so much about the BA flyer that they drove them across terminals to a direct competitors gate.
Reading back over some of these comments after another great ground experience flying AA and transferring to UA.

I asked the AA Concierge Key team why they were so good to me -- if they have time they try and also provide nice service to BA Gold's who are Gold Guest List. There was a big thread on AA forum about this. Once again, brought me to Polaris lounge.

This time I just had a couple of coffees. The food offerings not only dont change but quality didnt look much different - items sitting on buffet for hours. I will say I really like the illy coffee in Polaris lounge for sure, wish AA had that in their lounges!

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Feb 24, 2018 at 11:43 am Reason: Discuss the issue, not the poster(s)
Old Feb 25, 2018, 1:37 am

Originally Posted by BOStonTravels
Reading back over some of these comments after another great ground experience flying AA and transferring to UA.

I asked the AA Concierge Key team why they were so good to me -- if they have time they try and also provide nice service to BA Gold's who are Gold Guest List. There was a big thread on AA forum about this. Once again, brought me to Polaris lounge.

This time I just had a couple of coffees. The food offerings not only dont change but quality didnt look much different - items sitting on buffetIt gets bet for hours. I will say I really like the illy coffee in Polaris lounge for sure, wish AA had that in their lounges!
Excellent. Although most other non-airline FF get carried like Pharoh to their top competitor's lounges.

Keep the stories going. Would love to chat more, but China is flying me to the Taiwan presidential palace in the premier's jet.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 5:51 am

Polaris Business Class Lounge Access

I booked F with lie flat seats from ORD-SFO. The Flight Status page says these seats are Polaris Business Class. Does that mean I get access to the Polaris Lounge?
Old Feb 26, 2018, 5:59 am

No. Domestic F does not get Polaris lounge access.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by milemonkey
I booked F with lie flat seats from ORD-SFO. The Flight Status page says these seats are Polaris Business Class. Does that mean I get access to the Polaris Lounge?
Polaris Lounge is for customers on long-haul international UA Polaris-marketed seats or other *A front-cabin seats. The flight status you see is a generic seat description for that aircraft, whether it is on a Polaris-marketed route or not (like the one you're on). It does not denote the cabin marketing. If you look at your reservation, nowhere does it say Polaris. If you were on a Polaris flight, you would see Polaris on your reservation and BP.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 10:27 am

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by milemonkey
You'd only be able to get in if you have a connecting flight in SFO in a premium cabin to some international location with the Polaris product (like Asia)
Old Feb 27, 2018, 4:50 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
comment heard @ EWR

Yesterday, I heard a very funny comment about the new Polaris lounge. The guest said it was so nice he did not want to leave!
Old Feb 27, 2018, 7:38 am

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Antonio8069
Yesterday, I heard a very funny comment about the new Polaris lounge. The guest said it was so nice he did not want to leave!
Totally understand the feeling, especially when the passenger then had to go to a EWR UC.

I have the bad luck that there are no flights in the afternoons to ORD from my small city so, when I fly to Europe, I have to wait 7 hours in ORD. But, with the opening of the Polaris Lounge, my bad luck turned into good luck. I now enjoy those 7 hours.
LordHamster likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 9:32 am

Programs: UA 1MM, MP 1K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Antonio8069
Perhaps seated in the middle of the business 4 on a plane without the Polaris seats ?
Old Feb 27, 2018, 5:09 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, MP Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
I was in this lounge a week ago. It was very quiet when I was there from about 5-7pm.

I sat down across from the bar and was surprised to see no setups on the tables (tableware, napkin, etc.). It took me about 10 minutes to realize no one was going to serve me there and that they expanded the club to a new dining section in the back part of the club.

I have to say, I don't love the dining area. The new area has these very awkward (IMO) booths that all face the tables across the aisle. So everyone is staring at everyone else. And two of the five or so booths have pillars blocking half of them. I get they did the best they could with the space and it's not going to stop me from going to the lounge on international J tickets. It just feels a bit awkward.

United should have put a sign up on the 'old' restaurant tables about where to find the new service area for dining.

Thanks,
RM
Traveling on LOT to WAW and trugged my way over to Terminal 1 from Terminal 5 to take in the Polaris lounge experience. Learned the hard way that LOT is not TSA airline and got sent to "Fast Track" line which was the longest, hottest, stuffiest line I have seen in a very long time. Probably should have simply went through regular security line. Once in the lounge, I proceeded down the path that you just described. When I was here in the Fall, the full-service dining was right across from bar prominently displayed. Realized no service was coming and had to ask if it was still available. Agree signage should be available to note the change. I get the sense that they are trying to limit the patrons that access the service. Feels a bit disconnected from general lounge area. Thus, very quiet if you need a spot to work or decompress. The food was still suitable. Also noticed that they are starting the eventual downgrade of available self serve bourbon and ryes. Despite it all still very pleased to have access to the Polaris lounge. Far cry from the general United Club. Now if UA could only focus on getting the hard product to Polaris level that would be a welcome change. Happy Travels.

Quick update: Avoid the chicken - has to be at least a day old. Not a good experience.
Thunderroad likes this.

Last edited by fullnelson3; Feb 27, 2018 at 5:22 pm Reason: Quick update
Old Mar 3, 2018, 3:43 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Yesterday was my first time in the lounge since the expansion and move of the dining area. I arrived around 3 pm and it was packed. Went to the new area and there was some empty space. But seeing all the filled seats in the old footprint, plus the 80%-plus occupancy in the new space, made me realize how woefully undersized the original space was (like, where would all the people in the new space have gone 2 months ago?). Otherwise, a good experience. The new space helps. Didn't try the dining this time. Still upset they dropped the Moet & Chandon brut rose from the bar yet kept the Veuve. Oh well.
Thunderroad likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 11:28 pm
BCH

Originally Posted by st530
... Still upset they dropped the Moet & Chandon brut rose from the bar yet kept the Veuve. Oh well.
In the very beginning, they served Laurent Perrier Brut Rose. But I learned that both with Veuve Cliquot and LP, you had to ask for it by name - otherwise you got poured prosecco that was not even on display.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 2:29 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, United Club, IHG Ambassador/Spire
Does anyone know whether the polaris lounge @ORD has a private phone booth/room? I have a scheduled conference call to make while in transit from there to HKG in a bout a week's time. Thks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.