Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 22, 2017, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: wilp888
Sleep-Enticing Amenities

In addition to the sleep-enticing United Polaris personal suites, several other amenities were designed with our customers' sleep in mind.

In a first-of-its-kind partnership, United has worked with leading luxury specialty store Saks Fifth Avenue for custom-designed bedding. All designed to provide the best sleep in the sky, the new bedding collection will feature plush duvets, lightweight day-blankets and a large and small pillow for each United Polaris customer. In addition, mattress cushions will be available upon request.

Slippers will be available on all flights, and customized United Polaris pajamas will be available by request on flights longer than 12 hours*. Flyers will also be able to request a gel-cooled pillow. New amenity kits will feature ergonomically designed eye shades, calming lavender pillow mist and additional products from Soho House & Co.'s Cowshed Spa.

With the introduction of United Polaris, the airline intends to donate tens of thousands of pillows, blankets and other inflight service items to Fisher House Foundation, which United and its employees have long supported.
*Flights with pajama service (for both directions)
SFO - ICN, PEK, PVG, HGH, XIV, TPE, AKL, HKG, CTU, SYD, TLV, SIN
EWR - NRT, PEK, DEL, BOM, HKG, PVG
ORD - NRT, PEK PVG, HKG
LAX - PVG, SYD, MEL, SIN
IAD - NRT, PEK
IAH - NRT, SYD
(from United Twitter feed https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CyjFHZLW...jpg&name=large

Trip reports with photos:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...l#post27799060
Print Wikipost

Polaris In-flight Experiences

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2018, 9:56 pm
Moderator: United Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by cruisingmickey
Thanks. I'm guessing I probably won't get one on my flight from hnl to ewr?
HNL-EWR is not a Polaris flight --so don't expect Polaris service. You will have a lie-flat seat in First but the service will be based on Domestic F service levels, not International Polaris service.
BlueZebra likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 1:30 am

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Just got off a super flight SFO-ICN on the 789. Was in my favoured 6L, had an excellent three meals, and the service was impeccable and friendly, and done with a smile throughout. Flawless 6 hour sleep as well. I'm sure it helped that there were several empty seats in the second cabin.
Old May 1, 2018, 1:14 am

Programs: United GS & 1MM, Delta Silver, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Gold
Flew IAH-SYD on UA101 Saturday April 28th and it was by far one of the best UA Crews/Experiences I have had to date. On this super long almost 17 hour flight, it made a world of difference. The food was above average for United (I had a more then passable short rib) and all the FA's were super helpful, nice, and actually friendly. It was really a great Polaris experience (soft product lol).
cricketer and tuolumne like this.
Old May 1, 2018, 5:57 am

Programs: United 1K 2MM / Marriott LTP
Originally Posted by cruisingmickey
are the bears only given on international flights?
Originally Posted by fumje
They were, but only for a few months, and maybe occasionally again for special flights.
Just flew SFO-NRT on 4/30 and to my surprise there were bears on the flight. My guess is that this was to commemorate the opening of the Polaris Lounge in SFO.

Old May 1, 2018, 11:44 am

Programs: UA GS 2.2MM / UC / AS Gold 75K / Bonvoy Plat / Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by kluau88

Just flew SFO-NRT on 4/30 and to my surprise there were bears on the flight. My guess is that this was to commemorate the opening of the Polaris Lounge in SFO.

Wow ... a true end to end Polaris experience ... the new SFO lounge; the 77W with the suite; the gel pillow at seat (ahead of schedule); the brand new Polaris tin amenity kit; AND the Bear. Woo-hoo.
Old May 1, 2018, 4:22 pm
mr8

Programs: UA1K | *A Gold
I'm doing that flight later this month. Hope they still have the bears!
Old May 1, 2018, 5:11 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Was it only SFO-NRT or also SFO-other Polaris international airports?
Old May 1, 2018, 9:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Got an e-mail on the 30th and it said:

Curl up with a cooling gel pillow in every seat beginning July 1. Previously only available by request, the gel pillow is now included in addition to the large pillow with your luxury bedding from Saks Fifth Avenue due to popular demand. Wake up and refresh with our amenity kit featuring spa-quality Soho House & Co's Cowshed products.

and

From takeoff to landing, you'll notice thoughtful changes to your inflight service inspired by customer feedback. With our streamlined approach, you can look forward to more efficient meal service, meaning more time to catch some Zzzs. Wake up to dessert with our pre-arrival service beginning May 1, including our new white chocolate cranberry cookie from Christie Cookie Co.® or our signature box of chocolates.
Old May 1, 2018, 11:04 pm

Programs: UA GS ,QF Plat
Originally Posted by mr8
I have several bears, I will sell you one for $2k ...huge saving !
Old May 2, 2018, 6:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K
04/18 LAX-SIN & 04/30 NRT-SFO. These were the best flight crews that I have experienced in some years. Attentive, well mannered, always knew my name, cheerful even when tired, well groomed, superb in all respects. The downside was that awful 5 spice beef ex-LAX. Fortunately the bento box ex-NRT was excellent. Wines tolerable.
Old May 3, 2018, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by mr8
Originally Posted by StuckinITH
Was it only SFO-NRT or also SFO-other Polaris international airports?
Flew NRT-SFO on Wednesday and there were no bears on the flight. They also had the Saks (Black Pouch) amenity kit.
Old May 3, 2018, 10:02 am

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Flew NRT-SFO on Wednesday and there were no bears on the flight. They also had the Saks (Black Pouch) amenity kit.
Good that you got a bear on the SFO-NRT flight. You were on the right flight on the right day. I just find it odd that there were no other reports of bears out of SFO that day.
Old May 3, 2018, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

img
img

Lucky! ^

Originally Posted by StuckinITH
Good that you got a bear on the SFO-NRT flight. You were on the right flight on the right day. I just find it odd that there were no other reports of bears out of SFO that day.
There aren't that many of us! I have been signing the Hemispheres like mad for a year or two now, but I am still waiting for a reported sighting.

Last edited by fumje; May 3, 2018 at 4:11 pm Reason: typo
Old May 3, 2018, 4:17 pm
mr8

Programs: UA1K | *A Gold
One of my friends was actually on that NRT-SFO flight Wednesday, and was also looking for those extras that you had posted.
Old May 4, 2018, 9:39 am

5/3 UA 869 SFO-HKG no bears. So it looks like maybe this was only on 4/30/18.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.