Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 22, 2017, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: wilp888
Sleep-Enticing Amenities

In addition to the sleep-enticing United Polaris personal suites, several other amenities were designed with our customers' sleep in mind.

In a first-of-its-kind partnership, United has worked with leading luxury specialty store Saks Fifth Avenue for custom-designed bedding. All designed to provide the best sleep in the sky, the new bedding collection will feature plush duvets, lightweight day-blankets and a large and small pillow for each United Polaris customer. In addition, mattress cushions will be available upon request.

Slippers will be available on all flights, and customized United Polaris pajamas will be available by request on flights longer than 12 hours*. Flyers will also be able to request a gel-cooled pillow. New amenity kits will feature ergonomically designed eye shades, calming lavender pillow mist and additional products from Soho House & Co.'s Cowshed Spa.

With the introduction of United Polaris, the airline intends to donate tens of thousands of pillows, blankets and other inflight service items to Fisher House Foundation, which United and its employees have long supported.
*Flights with pajama service (for both directions)
SFO - ICN, PEK, PVG, HGH, XIV, TPE, AKL, HKG, CTU, SYD, TLV, SIN
EWR - NRT, PEK, DEL, BOM, HKG, PVG
ORD - NRT, PEK PVG, HKG
LAX - PVG, SYD, MEL, SIN
IAD - NRT, PEK
IAH - NRT, SYD
(from United Twitter feed https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CyjFHZLW...jpg&name=large

Trip reports with photos:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...l#post27799060
Print Wikipost

Polaris In-flight Experiences

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2017, 1:18 pm
Moderator: United Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by wco81
I would be going MUC-LHR-SFO. About 2 hours connecting at LHR, 8:15am to 10:25am.

So there might be LH Senator lounges at LHR? Or the GFL at LHR would be better?
No question the LHR GFL is better and the LH lounges are in the wrong terminal if you are connecting to a UA flight.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...on-thread.html

In the UA LHR terminal (T2B) there are also AC & SQ lounges, but UA's GFL is still the choice.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Aug 19, 2017 at 1:23 pm Reason: other choices
Old Aug 19, 2017, 1:21 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold
I would be going MUC-LHR-SFO. About 2 hours connecting at LHR, 8:15am to 10:25am.

So there might be LH Senator lounges at LHR? Or the GFL at LHR would be better?
GFL at LHR is far superior. Menu with (extremely attentive and professional) table service anywhere in the lounge. High quality beverages and beautiful decor. Not a large lounge but quiet and peaceful. It is truly a first class lounge. I have had more attentive service at the GFL than at the Lufthansa FCT in FRA.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 1:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Does the GFL have table or meal service in the morning though, around 8:30 to 9 am?
Old Aug 19, 2017, 1:31 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Does the GFL have table or meal service in the morning though, around 8:30 to 9 am?
Absolutely.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 1:35 pm

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
No question the LHR GFL is better and the LH lounges are in the wrong terminal if you are connecting to a UA flight.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...on-thread.html

In the UA LHR terminal (T2B) there are also AC & SQ lounges, but UA's GFL is still the choice.
If you are able to access UA GFL, this would be my first choice. Only been in once (when I was GF on a 747 in 1A) but most wonderful experience.

My next choice would be the LH Senator Lounge, then SQ lounge, then UA regular lounge and then the LH business lounge.

Note UA and SQ are the "B" gates and LH the "A" gates. Easier to get from A to B. Can get back from B to A but you need to use the elevators as escalators only go in the one direction (A to B).
Old Aug 19, 2017, 1:36 pm

Programs: UA 1k, Hyatt Diamond (no I will not use the new name), Marriott/ SPG lt Plat, JPM Reserve, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by pfpdx
SFO-CDG slippers were provided upon request.
I've had to request slippers in TATL J but received them every time I asked. TPAC J they were proactively offered each time.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 1:42 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by iluv2fly
Absolutely.
Ok, will wait to eat that morning.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 4:56 pm

Programs: BA silver
Does anyone know if dine-on-demand is possible (flying SYD-LAX)? Or is there only one option for when to have the main meal?
Old Aug 19, 2017, 7:30 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist | Jumpseat Platinum
Originally Posted by yhm71
Does anyone know if dine-on-demand is possible (flying SYD-LAX)? Or is there only one option for when to have the main meal?
Express dining is available on all Polaris Branded flights -- just let your crew know. I've done LAX-MEL as a passenger, and did express on the outbound, I can't imagine your results would be different, as they're staffed out of the same base IIRC.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 9:59 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Are you are asking if you can have your meal after the initial service? I.e. you want to sleep right away and eat 5 hours into the flight?

UA doesn't have an official policy on this, but have heard people have success in asking the FA, I recently saw an FA proactively offer if when the guy behind me said he was planning to sleep through the meal.

Ultimately it is up to the crew if they allow you to, then trust they will save a meal for you.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 4:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by N104UA
Are you are asking if you can have your meal after the initial service? I.e. you want to sleep right away and eat 5 hours into the flight?

UA doesn't have an official policy on this, but have heard people have success in asking the FA, I recently saw an FA proactively offer if when the guy behind me said he was planning to sleep through the meal.

Ultimately it is up to the crew if they allow you to, then trust they will save a meal for you.
This makes no sense on these ultra long haul flight, people should be able to eat when they want to. However, on a side note the 787 aren't really set up for good sleep when most of the cabin is awake and eating. When the 787's get the new Polaris cabin then it can see it being more conducive to sleep.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 5:13 am
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
This makes no sense on these ultra long haul flight, people should be able to eat when they want to. However, on a side note the 787 aren't really set up for good sleep when most of the cabin is awake and eating. When the 787's get the new Polaris cabin then it can see it being more conducive to sleep.
I cite my menu from yesterday's Polaris flight (SFO-HKG):

Express dining

If you'd prefer more time to work or relax, please ask your
flight attendant for our express dining service. Choose to
receive all courses or only select items, and your meal will be
presented at your request.

Although I did not use this service on this particular flight, I have on others. Never an issue. I just tell them to be sure that they save the ice cream for me.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 5:35 am

Programs: No airline status whatsoever, Chase URs, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum
Polaris lounge sfo

I have an award flight coming up.

One of the segments is in GF, LHR-SFO.

Does GF get me into different lounges at SFO (before the outbound which is Polaris Business on UA 58) or at LHR?
"First only" lounge at Gate 98 ... not sure how I ended up in first on an award tix, but I was very happy. I would definitely ask ... who knows they might welcome your biz tix. LHR flight left out of G100, so very convenient. Lounge not crowded, great selection of food, but hot and stuffy as all the others I've been in. They're pouring Moet which made up for it a bit.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by iluv2fly
I cite my menu from yesterday's Polaris flight (SFO-HKG):

Express dining

If you'd prefer more time to work or relax, please ask your
flight attendant for our express dining service. Choose to
receive all courses or only select items, and your meal will be
presented at your request.

Although I did not use this service on this particular flight, I have on others. Never an issue. I just tell them to be sure that they save the ice cream for me.
This makes sense except for the current cabin all planes except the 77W, Just can't see how anyone would get sleep if the FA's has to pass trays over a sleeping person..
Old Aug 20, 2017, 11:09 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by jsn55
"First only" lounge at Gate 98 ... not sure how I ended up in first on an award tix, but I was very happy. I would definitely ask ... who knows they might welcome your biz tix. LHR flight left out of G100, so very convenient. Lounge not crowded, great selection of food, but hot and stuffy as all the others I've been in. They're pouring Moet which made up for it a bit.
I will fly to MUC via FRA on a J award on the outbound.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.