Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

LAX T7 United Club (UC) -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

LAX T7 United Club (UC) -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

Hide Wikipost
Old Dec 17, 21, 3:36 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Wiki Link
Print Wikipost

Old Nov 29, 16, 10:29 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Ua Gold, GE.. Sucker for punishment
pffffffft

Damn.. got my hopes up there..
Old Nov 29, 16, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by cyclogenesis View Post
pffffffft

Damn.. got my hopes up there..
Believe me, mine too -- I had three cappuccinos yesterday -- but the new machines like in ORD are much better than the old ones.
Old Nov 29, 16, 10:47 am

Programs: UA, Starwood, Priority Club, Hertz, Starbucks Gold Card
Thanks for the great photos MatthewLAX! ^
The new UC looks amazing. Can't believe it's in the same terminal that I've walked through all these years.
Old Nov 29, 16, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by GSBEWR View Post
...One odd thing, though: the new lounge closes at 10 p.m. That took me by surprise that it will close that early, especially considering one of the current lounges closes at 10:30 p.m. and the other at 12:45 a.m. Why so early?
I think 10pm closing was just for the preview. UA has p.s. and other red-eyes that suggest the new lounge hours will reflect current ones.

Originally Posted by stimpy View Post
You like the smell of petroleum in the morning?
Smells like (significant pause) victory.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Nov 29, 16 at 11:27 am Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member
Old Nov 29, 16, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH View Post
I think 10pm closing was just for the preview. UA has p.s. and other red-eyes that suggest the new lounge hours will reflect current ones.
Oddly the lounge will close at 10pm. See if you can zoom in to the photo below. I have it with full resolution on my computer but FT probably cut it when uploading.
Attached Images  
Old Nov 29, 16, 11:06 am

Programs: United MileagePlus Premier 1K, Delta SkyMiles Diamond Medallion
Such a horse race for nicest LAX lounge

So does United snatch the title from DL as nicest US airline lounge at LAX?
It looks like it with the outdoor deck and improved food and beverage offerings.

But it may not hold the title for long, with the LAX Admirals Club/Flagship lounge undergoing remodeling.

And then, with DL moving to Terminal 2/3, a brand new Sky club presumably also with an outdoor deck will open, perhaps taking the crown back in a few years.
Old Nov 29, 16, 11:08 am

Programs: United MileagePlus Premier 1K, Delta SkyMiles Diamond Medallion
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX View Post
Oddly the lounge will close at 10pm. See if you can zoom in to the photo below. I have it with full resolution on my computer but FT probably cut it when uploading.

Yeah I see the 10pm closing. That's so early considering the late redeyes and Delta's Sky Club closes at 1am!
Old Nov 29, 16, 11:11 am
Suspended

Programs: UA GM, AA GM, DL GM
Jimmy Samartzis ‏@JimmySamartzis 4h

Super fun seeing Oscar warm up our great performers from @LAsBEST to kickoff our new @united Club at LAX! @weareunited

https://twitter.com/JimmySamartzis/s...85420680273922
Old Nov 29, 16, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
OK - a 10pm close is a huge fail. UA has p.s. flights and other red-eyes until almost 1am. I'll barely have time to scoot in and look around before my 11:15 ps flight 12/10. It'll also probably mean the food will be put away by then.

Aside from that, if the food offerings come close to what the preview presented, my walks to the *A lounge might be fewer.

Last edited by IAH-OIL-TRASH; Nov 29, 16 at 11:22 am
Old Nov 29, 16, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by unitedbusiness View Post
So does United snatch the title from DL as nicest US airline lounge at LAX?
It looks like it with the outdoor deck and improved food and beverage offerings.

But it may not hold the title for long, with the LAX Admirals Club/Flagship lounge undergoing remodeling.

And then, with DL moving to Terminal 2/3, a brand new Sky club presumably also with an outdoor deck will open, perhaps taking the crown back in a few years.
Keep in mind there will also be a Polaris lounge at LAX. DL has no equivalent, and AA Flagship lounge will only offer table dining for 3 cabin first class customers - biz just gets the buffet.

DL's shotgun move may pan out well in 5 years, but it will be painful next year.
Old Nov 29, 16, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by cerealmarketer View Post
Keep in mind there will also be a Polaris lounge at LAX. DL has no equivalent, and AA Flagship lounge will only offer table dining for 3 cabin first class customers - biz just gets the buffet.
You do realize that any OWE can access the AA FL, right? I can go in and guzzle Champagne and enjoy good food even if I'm on a $80 flight to Vegas.
Old Nov 29, 16, 11:20 am
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by GSBEWR View Post
... One interesting thing in your photos and review is that there does not appear to be any conference rooms (except for one small one). ...
UA appears to be phasing out UC conference rooms
Conference rooms
As of November 18, 2016, United Club conference rooms can no longer be reserved in advance due to decreasing demand and a limited number of conference rooms in our network.
There are more frequent reports of conference rooms being opened for general use.
Old Nov 29, 16, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by stimpy View Post
You do realize that any OWE can access the AA FL, right? I can go in and guzzle Champagne and enjoy good food even if I'm on a $80 flight to Vegas.
Yes, but the sit down dining that's coming next year will be cordoned off for only 3 cabin first passengers. Polaris will offer it to all J pax.

I don't think many HVF AA fliers are running around with non-US OWE status for domestic flights. No entry as an AA EXP on domestic unless you're in 3 cabin first.

Whether you think the buffet being served in the FL is 'good' food is a matter of taste. I don't care much for it, but others might.
Old Nov 29, 16, 11:25 am

Programs: UA GS, AA PLAT, DL PLAT, EK SILVER
I was there yesterday with MatthewLAX and it really is a beautiful new space. It seems like there was a fair amount of attention to detail in the design and construction (e.g., the aisles are fairly wide between furniture / walkways to account for all of our carryons!).

United staff seemed very excited by the lounge and UA brass continued to drive home the point that they felt the company was adrift previously but that these current initiatives (new clubs, Polaris, better operating results) both energize the company and bring satisfaction to the customer base.

Of course, these things don't always go hand-in-hand with our points / miles hobby, but when both Munoz and Kirby make it to an event, you can bet this team is committed to LA.
Old Nov 29, 16, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by cerealmarketer View Post
Yes, but the sit down dining that's coming next year will be cordoned off for only 3 cabin first passengers.
DFW has the sit down dining now. I have a domestic economy flight booked out of DFW coming up soon and will see for myself. But in any case the buffet and drink selection is better than any other US domestic lounge.

I guess this brings up the question about Polaris and Star Alliance. Will it work like OW in that all the Star Gold members can access Polaris lounges even when flying domestic economy?

I don't think many HVF AA fliers are running around with non-US OWE status for domestic flights.
Not a huge number, which is good. But if you go to the BA Board here you'll see a lot of us BA Gold members exploit the heck out of AA FL's.

Search this Thread