Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Accessing the *A Lounge at LAX/TBIT as a UA flyer

Old Nov 22, 2016, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
*A forum thread LAX - TBIT star alliance lounge access

Copy from wiki of this thread for the airside directions between T7/8 and TBIT: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1612275-psa-upcoming-lax-facility-changes-26.html

T7/T8 to TBIT via tunnel, about 40 min walk with average speed (copied mostly from a blog; http://upgrd.com/blogs/doublewidesfl...-security.html ):

If you are flying through Los Angeles and are connecting airlines, just follow the signs that are located near the far southern end of each terminal to connect via underground tunnel to the other terminals.

When in TBIT, walk past the KE/one world lounge to the end of concourse - take a right handed u turn, up the escalator and the *A lounge is there.

In terminal 4, access the tunnel via the escalator that reads gate 44A-L
Continue to follow the signs to baggage claim, walk past the waiting room is for the bus to Terminal 6 or the American Eagle remote terminal.

to access the tunnels from Delta terminal in T5, the escalator leading to the tunnels is near the entrance to the Sky club near.

The access point from Terminal 6 is near Alaska Airlines' gates, across from the Alaska Airline Board Room and near the Ruby's diner. The tunnel ends at terminal 6, so you must exit the tunnel and access terminal 7 & 8 by above ground walkways which are near the terminal exit and security screening center.

Operation hours from *A site as of August 28, 2021:
Opening hours and facility information may not be accurate due to the Covid-19 pandemic. We are doing our best to keep it up to date.

Opening hours

MON 09:00-01:00
TUE 09:00-01:00
WED 07:00-01:00
THU 07:00-01:00
FRI 09:00-01:00
SAT 07:00-01:00
SUN 07:00-01:00

For comments on the T7 UC, see New LAX T7 UC preview 28 Nov / opened 06 Dec 2016
Flying UA from LAX Terminal 7, lounge options if not eligible for UC?

Print Wikipost

Accessing the *A Lounge at LAX/TBIT as a UA flyer

Old Nov 24, 2016, 4:14 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Kacee
I'll take the walk vs. having the lounge overrun with UC refugees.
I suppose so, although I'm not convinced that there would be much change. I have never met anyone in real life outside of FT who cares much beyond which airline/routing is cheapest, let alone that there is a really nice lounge across the airport.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 4:32 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Originally Posted by dordal
Do they let you on without an AA boarding pass? I've done the walk a zillion times but never knew this was an option.
Originally Posted by Kmxu
They do not check BP for taking the shuttle.
Originally Posted by jmanirish
Interesting. I actually did have them check my bp, but I've only done it once (bc UA had to rebook my on AA and I had to get from T8->T4).
Didn't get my BP checked when taking the shuttle from T4 to T6 but did get asked what gate my flight was departing from (I assume to make sure I wasn't getting on the wrong bus) told them "70b" and the AA staff were perfectly fine with it.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 12:43 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
TBT Star Lounge Access for UA*G Flying Intl J from ORD?

This is a complex one. Originating at SFO, flying via LAX to ORD, then UA J same day to LHR. I can get through security at TBT, but what about Star lounge access? Does it matter whether I'm flying UA F from LAX to ORD?
Old Dec 15, 2016, 12:46 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Not complex. If you are *G and you have a *A boarding pass, you can access *A lounge at TBIT. You could be in Y on a flight to PSP and they'd admit you, in those circumstances.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Explore
This is a complex one. Originating at SFO, flying via LAX to ORD, then UA J same day to LHR. I can get through security at TBT, but what about Star lounge access? Does it matter whether I'm flying UA F from LAX to ORD?
You're making this too difficult. If you are *G on *A, you get entry to a *A lounge if you are departing *A. United 1K is *G. United is *A. Doesn't even matter the cabin. If the only flight on your itinerary was LAX-ORD on United, you get access, coach or First.

If you're flying from SFO on UA, you can get to TBIT airside, so you don't have to "get through security" at TBIT.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 12:48 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Explore
All that matters for TBIT *A lounge access is if you are *G and have a departing *A BP -- cabin, destination, ... does not matter.

Might want to also check out http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ec-2016-a.html
and of course the Polaris Club in ORD
Old Dec 15, 2016, 12:51 pm

Programs: UA:1k; MR: PLT; Hilton: Gold
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
All that matters for TBIT *A lounge access is if you are *G and have a departing *A BP -- cabin, destination, ... does not matter.

Might want to also check out http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ec-2016-a.html
and of course the Polaris Club in ORD
With the new UA club at LAX, not much reason to head over to TBIT anymore (unless you can't access the UA club, of course; or need a shower). As you're on an intl itin you can access the UA club in T7- which is quite nice.

Last edited by jmanirish; Dec 15, 2016 at 1:33 pm
Old Dec 15, 2016, 12:59 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jmanirish
With the new UA club at LAX, not much reason to head over to TBIT anymore (unless you can't access the UA club, of course). As you're on an intl itin you can access the UA club in T7- which is quite nice.
TBIT club has shower suites.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 1:00 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Thanks for the great replies. I want to visit the Star lounge because I haven't been there before. And the relatively new airside connection from T7 certainly slipped my mind.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by transportprof
TBIT club has shower suites.
Ah yes. Forgot they decided not to put showers in the new UA club
Old Apr 14, 2017, 11:18 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
LAX United Club Worth The Walk From TBIT?

Next month, I'm heading to Europe on Swiss J class. I'm thinking about using the new connector and the tunnels to walk down to Terminal 7 to checkout the new United Club.

Any of you who have been to the new club think it is worth the walk to visit the new club? How long is the walk using the new connector at TBIT?
Old Apr 14, 2017, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by seat38a
Next month, I'm heading to Europe on Swiss J class. I'm thinking about using the new connector and the tunnels to walk down to Terminal 7 to checkout the new United Club.

Any of you who have been to the new club think it is worth the walk to visit the new club? How long is the walk using the new connector at TBIT?
Short Answer: no

Definitely not with it. Visually a big step up from the old lounges. But the TBIT *A lounge is better in every way.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 11:29 am

Programs: UA 1K; *G, AA Plat
Originally Posted by seat38a

Nope! Use the Star Alliance Gold lounge in TBIT, beats the United Club in every way possible. Don't even think of checking of checking out the new United Club in T7 unless you have a lot of time to kill.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 11:35 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium, LTP; IHG Platinum
Unless you need an excuse to take a shower at the star lounge, do the excersise to the UC. I won't do it in your situation. Have a good trip.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 11:36 am

Programs: 1K 2MM
Definitely not. I try to make the reverse trip when I'm at LAX.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.