Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Accessing the *A Lounge at LAX/TBIT as a UA flyer

Old Nov 22, 2016, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
*A forum thread LAX - TBIT star alliance lounge access

Copy from wiki of this thread for the airside directions between T7/8 and TBIT: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1612275-psa-upcoming-lax-facility-changes-26.html

T7/T8 to TBIT via tunnel, about 40 min walk with average speed (copied mostly from a blog; http://upgrd.com/blogs/doublewidesfl...-security.html ):

If you are flying through Los Angeles and are connecting airlines, just follow the signs that are located near the far southern end of each terminal to connect via underground tunnel to the other terminals.

When in TBIT, walk past the KE/one world lounge to the end of concourse - take a right handed u turn, up the escalator and the *A lounge is there.

In terminal 4, access the tunnel via the escalator that reads gate 44A-L
Continue to follow the signs to baggage claim, walk past the waiting room is for the bus to Terminal 6 or the American Eagle remote terminal.

to access the tunnels from Delta terminal in T5, the escalator leading to the tunnels is near the entrance to the Sky club near.

The access point from Terminal 6 is near Alaska Airlines' gates, across from the Alaska Airline Board Room and near the Ruby's diner. The tunnel ends at terminal 6, so you must exit the tunnel and access terminal 7 & 8 by above ground walkways which are near the terminal exit and security screening center.

Operation hours from *A site as of August 28, 2021:
Opening hours and facility information may not be accurate due to the Covid-19 pandemic. We are doing our best to keep it up to date.”

Opening hours

MON 09:00-01:00
TUE 09:00-01:00
WED 07:00-01:00
THU 07:00-01:00
FRI 09:00-01:00
SAT 07:00-01:00
SUN 07:00-01:00

For comments on the T7 UC, see New LAX T7 UC preview 28 Nov / opened 06 Dec 2016
Flying UA from LAX Terminal 7, lounge options if not eligible for UC?

Print Wikipost

Accessing the *A Lounge at LAX/TBIT as a UA flyer

Old Aug 16, 2020, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Exleftseat
Not specific to PHX but I can tell you that I always have problems with TSA at LAX when after arriving at TBT from overseas I try to enter the AA terminal with an UA BP since I want to spend time at the *A lounge before trekking over to catch my UA connection.
TSA does pay attention and it always requires extensive negotiations to make it work.
Umm, interesting. I have never had this problem. They would say "You know, you are out of Terminal 7", then I would say yes but. Then they let me through. (I have PreCheck so I am not sure if that makes any difference.) In the LAX case, it is connected airside anyway. It just takes longer to walk up and down.
Old Aug 16, 2020, 11:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Exleftseat
Not specific to PHX but I can tell you that I always have problems with TSA at LAX when after arriving at TBT from overseas I try to enter the AA terminal with an UA BP since I want to spend time at the *A lounge before trekking over to catch my UA connection.
TSA does pay attention and it always requires extensive negotiations to make it work.
Never had the issue. I was able to use the hidden TBIT checkpoint (no precheck at the time - not sure if they have it now) then take the DL shuttle to go to T2.
For LAX, I actually preferred to use T6 precheck (before reshuffle) because the precheck lines were much shorter - almost always zero wait time; never had issues either.
Old Aug 16, 2020, 11:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by username
Umm, interesting. I have never had this problem. They would say "You know, you are out of Terminal 7", then I would say yes but. Then they let me through. (I have PreCheck so I am not sure if that makes any difference.) In the LAX case, it is connected airside anyway. It just takes longer to walk up and down.
I've never had that problem with TSA either, although one smart-xxx screening clerk wanted to see my passport claiming "you're in the international terminal", although I was flying AC and had it with me. I've had more trouble with the line people who insist I need to go to my own terminal, but usually they stop whining when I tell them I am going to the lounge upstairs. Just note that Precheck is not always open, especially recently, so when things return to normal it could be possible to get to the lounge faster via the AA terminal's pre-check line vs waiting in the Bradley terminal line when Precheck is closed.
Old Aug 29, 2020, 10:10 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Is the *A Lounge currently open? I can't tell based on recent reviews though Google lists it as open until 1AM. Is it worth the trip from T7, if so? In general it sure is, but is service/food/drink limited at this time? This will be my first time at LAX in several months.

Originally Posted by tstauck
Quick note - flew from LAX for the first time since Jan, both AC lounge (MLL), and Alaska lounge in T6 are closed.

AC Lounge website said they were open at 5:30am - which isn't true - FYI.

UC in T7 is open.

Many concession stands and places like WolfGang Puck were open and appeared to be for drinks too. Sign said "order at the bar".
- Tom
Old Aug 29, 2020, 10:24 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Jetsetter87
Is the *A Lounge currently open?....
*A Lounge Finder

IME, Google is many times reporting incorrect status as far as open / close and hours in the COVID era
restlessinRNO and AirbusFan2B like this.
Old Aug 29, 2020, 10:37 pm

Originally Posted by Jetsetter87
Is the *A Lounge currently open? I can't tell based on recent reviews though Google lists it as open until 1AM. Is it worth the trip from T7, if so? In general it sure is, but is service/food/drink limited at this time? This will be my first time at LAX in several months.
So you already know: *A lounge is worth the trek vs UC (tho LAX UC is best of US 50 UC) but not vs PL - except LAX PL is closed now, right?
Old Aug 30, 2020, 1:01 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by AirbusFan2B
So you already know: *A lounge is worth the trek vs UC (tho LAX UC is best of US 50 UC) but not vs PL - except LAX PL is closed now, right?
I've made the trek over to the *A lounge even with PL access. The PL is very nice, for sure. But I had a 4 hour layover, and spending several hours in the relatively small LAX PL didn't sound enticing. Plus I do like the layout/seating options at the the *A lounge better, especially the terrace & the indoor balcony areas.

Getting in a good 15-20 min walk each way before a long-haul flight isn't bad either.

I did wind up back at the PL for the last 1-2 hr before my flight to have a very nice meal. This was all pre-COVID, of course.
Flying Machine and tstauck like this.
Old Aug 30, 2020, 9:47 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
*A Lounge Finder

IME, Google is many times reporting incorrect status as far as open / close and hours in the COVID era
I was at the LAX TBIT just over a week ago and the Star Alliance Lounge was definitely closed.
Old Aug 31, 2020, 12:36 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
The Alaska Lounge at LAX is open again.

Quick note - flew from LAX for the first time since Jan, both AC lounge (MLL), and Alaska lounge in T6 are closed.
Old Aug 31, 2020, 1:49 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Kurt
Good to know - thanks! Maybe I'll actually be able to use it for Priority Pass as it shouldn't be at capacity (hopefully?). I might be flying through there next week and will report back.
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2020, 10:29 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
I asked the UA rep on Sunday at check in if the MLL was open. She said AC only has two flights a day and she didn’t believe if it was open. I gave my son a UA Club Pass and he enjoyed his time there..
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2020, 12:33 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by Kurt
Good to know - thanks! Maybe I'll actually be able to use it for Priority Pass as it shouldn't be at capacity (hopefully?). I might be flying through there next week and will report back.
I was able to get in the AS lounge using PP over the weekend. The lounge wasn't crowded at all. Probably less than 10 other guests there at the time.

They had a food station set up (boxed salads/soup/packaged snacks). It was cordoned off, but you just tell the friendly lounge attendants what you want and they retrieve the items and hand them to you.
cesco.g and Flying Machine like this.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 10:21 pm

Programs: UA*G, NW, AA-G. WR-P, HH-G, IHG-S, ALL. TT-GE.
Star Alliance just announced LAX TBIT lounge reopening on Thursday, August 12. No news for AC MLL yet.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 10:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by HkCaGu
Star Alliance just announced LAX TBIT lounge reopening on Thursday, August 12. No news for AC MLL yet.
Great news! Just in time for my AC flight to YYZ end of Aug.
Old Aug 7, 2021, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by bocastephen
Great news! Just in time for my AC flight to YYZ end of Aug.
I'll be Really curious to see what it looks like upon reopening.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.