Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA.sux charging me for E+ seating as a Premier

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2016, 1:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: CO - Onepass Gold Elite--> UA - MileagePlus Gold Premier--> Silver --> AS - MileagePlan MVPGOLD!

So I'm checking in for my flights tomorrow, and United.com AND the United App are trying to charge me hundreds of dollars to select an Economy Plus seat.
I'm a premier Silver member.
What the hell, United? Just another Change I'll Like???

UPDATE:
Just got off the phone (they answered immediately) and my Mileage Plus number was somehow not connected to my reservation. Not sure how that's even possible, considering I can pull up the res from my account on ua.com, so.... ...?
BUT- Jennifer was great quick helpful and friendly.

The TOP half of this experience reminds me why I'm a silver with United rather than the more precious metals I've been in the past.
The BOTTOM half of this experience makes me think that maybe things really are getting better at UA???

Last edited by Legend717; Nov 20, 2016 at 2:05 am
Old Nov 20, 2016, 4:21 am
TA

Programs: UA 1K MM
I had this kind of charge mysteriously appear on my credit card a few weeks ago after booking a plain old regular ticket and choosing a normal E+ seat. Refunded quickly (~few days) after submitting a refund complaint online. Very annoying that we have to catch their website issues for them and take time to resolve.
Old Nov 20, 2016, 7:30 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, HH Diamond, Marriott 'clink clink' Titanium
I had a similar experience a few weeks ago. I was lucky enough to see it when booking. It seems that somewhere through the process my UA number was disconnected. I corrected it by logging in again, then cancelling the ticket, and repurchasing the itinerary.
Old Nov 20, 2016, 7:56 am

Programs: UA GS/MM, MR PPE/LTG, ‎TSA Pre✓, NEXUS, APEC BTC, UKBF RT, CLEAR, DXB E-GATE
Originally Posted by TA
I had this kind of charge mysteriously appear on my credit card a few weeks ago after booking a plain old regular ticket and choosing a normal E+ seat. Refunded quickly (~few days) after submitting a refund complaint online. Very annoying that we have to catch their website issues for them and take time to resolve.
Wow...that is scary!
Old Nov 20, 2016, 9:24 am

Programs: UA 1K, AK Gold 75K, etc. etc.
same here....but they reversed the charge after writing an email to them
Old Nov 20, 2016, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by Legend717
So I'm checking in for my flights tomorrow, and United.com AND the United App are trying to charge me hundreds of dollars to select an Economy Plus seat.
I'm a premier Silver member.
What the hell, United? Just another Change I'll Like???

UPDATE:
Just got off the phone (they answered immediately) and my Mileage Plus number was somehow not connected to my reservation. Not sure how that's even possible, considering I can pull up the res from my account on ua.com, so.... ...?
BUT- Jennifer was great quick helpful and friendly.
Yeah, I've had this before as well -- get to the airport, and there's no MP number in the reservation, so it's wanting to charge and not put you on the upgrade list.

I've actually been to an airport kiosk, entered my MP number to pull up my ticket, and then it said there's no MP in the res.

There's no point in trying to make sense of it, their systems have been broken since they merged them.

Originally Posted by IAHFlyBoi
Wow...that is scary!
Not really, it's quite common. United's systems need an increased level of auditing that one ordinarily wouldn't need with most reputable merchants.

In addition to what the poster saw above, I've had random charges for upgrdaes in the hundreds of dollars post, as well as amounts charged for purchased tickets not match the emailed receipt and agreed upon price.

Unlike the poster with the unauthorized charge who called to get it fixed, I've seen enough anomalies with United's billing post-merger, I don't give them the opportunity to fix it. When it's clearly a "system glitch" as they like to call it, I dispute and DOT them and let it get sorted out in the most costly way for United.
Old Nov 20, 2016, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by channa

In addition to what the poster saw above, I've had random charges for upgrdaes in the hundreds of dollars post, as well as amounts charged for purchased tickets not match the emailed receipt and agreed upon price.

Well its not only UA with issues. I am trying to resolve an issue with another *A carrier that never charged my CC for an upgrade. It's always strange trying to convince a person that I owe them money when their system shows everything is normal..
Old Nov 20, 2016, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Legend717
Just got off the phone (they answered immediately) and my Mileage Plus number was somehow not connected to my reservation. Not sure how that's even possible, considering I can pull up the res from my account on ua.com
The current UA.sux allows you to save arbitrary PNRs to your online account that have nothing to do with you our your MP account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.