Polaris First Changes

Old Nov 16, 16, 1:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat, 2MM
Polaris First Changes

I know that there is a major seat change in the new Business Polaris section. I see on some of my reservations that the First is now listed as Polaris First. I realize they are not going to change out the seats since they are doing away with F. What are some new expectations for Polaris First? Better meals; better wine; better duvets; turn down service without chasing them down?; any chance of better FA service and attitude?

Does anyone know when the IAD Polaris Lounge opens?

Thanks
Old Nov 16, 16, 1:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
Originally Posted by TonyBurr View Post
I know that there is a major seat change in the new Business Polaris section. I see on some of my reservations that the First is now listed as Polaris First. I realize they are not going to change out the seats since they are doing away with F. What are some new expectations for Polaris First? Better meals; better wine; better duvets; turn down service without chasing them down?; any chance of better FA service and attitude?

Does anyone know when the IAD Polaris Lounge opens?

Thanks
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...is-lounge.html
Old Nov 16, 16, 2:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat, 2MM
Thank you. That link refers to the Polaris Business seat, I am interested in Polaris First changes and enhancement.
Old Nov 16, 16, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, DL PM, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by TonyBurr View Post
Thank you. That link refers to the Polaris Business seat, I am interested in Polaris First changes and enhancement.
Ideally it will be the best of both worlds - Polaris service and amenities in the Global First seat. Whether the former pans out to be all that much better than current, we shall have to wait and see.
Old Nov 16, 16, 2:23 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, SPG GLD, HH Diam
Best to assume that the "First" product is, as today, the business product but with some minor additions. Can't imagine they'll be investing in anything unique to the soon-to-be-history F cabin, but instead will be minor items that are supplemental to the Polaris C service product. For example, providing a soup course, a better amenity kit, and maybe an expanded dessert selection.
Old Nov 16, 16, 2:28 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, UA 1K 1MM, IC PLAT AMB, HH Diamond, AVIS Pres, Hertz President's Circle
My SIN-HKG in January remains "Business", HKG-SFO flipped to "Polaris business".
Old Nov 16, 16, 2:33 pm

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discv, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
March HKG-ORD in Global F, now labeled as Polaris First
Old Nov 16, 16, 2:39 pm

Programs: UA Nothing (Former Gold), Global Entry
At least in IAD you have the TK lounge if it takes a long time for the Polaris lounge to open.
Old Nov 16, 16, 2:41 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold
This is purely speculative, but I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that Polaris First will have exactly the same soft product as Polaris Business. Would love to be proven wrong on my Polaris First flight in January, however! I just don't think we should set expectations high. Even the normal Polaris soft product will be a huge step up from the current soft product in GF, and we'll still have the far better seat/storage/privacy.
Old Nov 16, 16, 2:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Plat Premier (+AMB); Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
I asked specifically about this at the Chicago Polaris event last night.

Very, very minimal differences in soft product between Polaris Business and Polaris Global First.

According to 2 different staff at the event, exact same catering and drinks (wines) for both cabins.

PGF will have a slightly larger amenity kit and a different colored quilt/duvet thing. It really is that similar. As indicated by others above, we will have to wait for some first-hand reports, but from the plans there will be very little to differentiate other than the actual seat.
Old Nov 16, 16, 2:58 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Plat, HH gold
Originally Posted by Taoyuan View Post
At least in IAD you have the TK lounge if it takes a long time for the Polaris lounge to open.
My new favorite lounge in the domestic system. Even when Polaris opens up, it will be hard to beat this....now if only they can get some good scotch and bourbon.
Old Nov 16, 16, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by goodeats21 View Post
I asked specifically about this at the Chicago Polaris event last night.

Very, very minimal differences in soft product between Polaris Business and Polaris Global First.

According to 2 different staff at the event, exact same catering and drinks (wines) for both cabins.

PGF will have a slightly larger amenity kit and a different colored quilt/duvet thing. It really is that similar. As indicated by others above, we will have to wait for some first-hand reports, but from the plans there will be very little to differentiate other than the actual seat.
No soup for us?
Old Nov 16, 16, 3:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Plat Premier (+AMB); Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by milepig View Post
No soup for us?
LOL

I don't know how definitive these staff comments should be taken, but heard the same story from 2 of them. Same catering for both cabins.
Old Nov 16, 16, 4:31 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM
Soup!! and a better attitude from the FA's.... (sometimes)
Old Nov 16, 16, 4:34 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 2.86+ MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by EXLEFTSEAT View Post
My SIN-HKG in January remains "Business", HKG-SFO flipped to "Polaris business".
SIN-HKG is a short flight, so not Polaris-worthy. I have the same thing on the same flight in Jan

Search this Thread