FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Polaris First Changes (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1802831-polaris-first-changes.html)

TonyBurr Nov 16, 2016 12:55 pm

Polaris First Changes

I know that there is a major seat change in the new Business Polaris section. I see on some of my reservations that the First is now listed as Polaris First. I realize they are not going to change out the seats since they are doing away with F. What are some new expectations for Polaris First? Better meals; better wine; better duvets; turn down service without chasing them down?; any chance of better FA service and attitude?

Does anyone know when the IAD Polaris Lounge opens?

Thanks

jhayes_1780 Nov 16, 2016 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by TonyBurr (Post 27489110)
I know that there is a major seat change in the new Business Polaris section. I see on some of my reservations that the First is now listed as Polaris First. I realize they are not going to change out the seats since they are doing away with F. What are some new expectations for Polaris First? Better meals; better wine; better duvets; turn down service without chasing them down?; any chance of better FA service and attitude?

Does anyone know when the IAD Polaris Lounge opens?

Thanks

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...is-lounge.html

TonyBurr Nov 16, 2016 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by jhayes_1780 (Post 27489114)

Thank you. That link refers to the Polaris Business seat, I am interested in Polaris First changes and enhancement.

findark Nov 16, 2016 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by TonyBurr (Post 27489143)
Thank you. That link refers to the Polaris Business seat, I am interested in Polaris First changes and enhancement.

Ideally it will be the best of both worlds - Polaris service and amenities in the Global First seat. Whether the former pans out to be all that much better than current, we shall have to wait and see.

SFO_FT Nov 16, 2016 1:23 pm

Best to assume that the "First" product is, as today, the business product but with some minor additions. Can't imagine they'll be investing in anything unique to the soon-to-be-history F cabin, but instead will be minor items that are supplemental to the Polaris C service product. For example, providing a soup course, a better amenity kit, and maybe an expanded dessert selection.

Exleftseat Nov 16, 2016 1:28 pm

My SIN-HKG in January remains "Business", HKG-SFO flipped to "Polaris business".

Billiken Nov 16, 2016 1:33 pm

March HKG-ORD in Global F, now labeled as Polaris First

Taoyuan Nov 16, 2016 1:39 pm

At least in IAD you have the TK lounge if it takes a long time for the Polaris lounge to open.

CappuccinoAddict Nov 16, 2016 1:41 pm

This is purely speculative, but I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that Polaris First will have exactly the same soft product as Polaris Business. Would love to be proven wrong on my Polaris First flight in January, however! I just don't think we should set expectations high. Even the normal Polaris soft product will be a huge step up from the current soft product in GF, and we'll still have the far better seat/storage/privacy.

goodeats21 Nov 16, 2016 1:49 pm

I asked specifically about this at the Chicago Polaris event last night.

Very, very minimal differences in soft product between Polaris Business and Polaris Global First.

According to 2 different staff at the event, exact same catering and drinks (wines) for both cabins.

PGF will have a slightly larger amenity kit and a different colored quilt/duvet thing. It really is that similar. As indicated by others above, we will have to wait for some first-hand reports, but from the plans there will be very little to differentiate other than the actual seat.

dcsnowwake Nov 16, 2016 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by Taoyuan (Post 27489324)
At least in IAD you have the TK lounge if it takes a long time for the Polaris lounge to open.

My new favorite lounge in the domestic system. Even when Polaris opens up, it will be hard to beat this....now if only they can get some good scotch and bourbon.

milepig Nov 16, 2016 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by goodeats21 (Post 27489370)
I asked specifically about this at the Chicago Polaris event last night.

Very, very minimal differences in soft product between Polaris Business and Polaris Global First.

According to 2 different staff at the event, exact same catering and drinks (wines) for both cabins.

PGF will have a slightly larger amenity kit and a different colored quilt/duvet thing. It really is that similar. As indicated by others above, we will have to wait for some first-hand reports, but from the plans there will be very little to differentiate other than the actual seat.

No soup for us?

goodeats21 Nov 16, 2016 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by milepig (Post 27489439)
No soup for us?

LOL

I don't know how definitive these staff comments should be taken, but heard the same story from 2 of them. Same catering for both cabins.

avi8tir Nov 16, 2016 3:31 pm

Soup!! and a better attitude from the FA's.... (sometimes)

meducate Nov 16, 2016 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by EXLEFTSEAT (Post 27489262)
My SIN-HKG in January remains "Business", HKG-SFO flipped to "Polaris business".

SIN-HKG is a short flight, so not Polaris-worthy. I have the same thing on the same flight in Jan