Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Any word on 2017 requirements for 2018 elite status? Any program changes?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 9, 2017, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2016, 12:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1MM / AA PP, Marriott Lifetime Gold

So we're about 45 days away from the start of 2017 and it appears as though UA has not either confirmed there are no changes to PQM/PQD/PQS requirements for earning 2018 status by flying in 2017. Seems like in previous years this happened by now... or am I going crazy?
Old Nov 16, 2016, 12:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Platinum, Marriott Titanium
There was no change last year and they didn't say anything either
Old Nov 16, 2016, 12:49 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
United did announce a change yesterday, which was related to next year's MP program. If you book the "basic economy" fare, you will not earn PQM, PQS, PQD, life time miles or the 4-segment minimum. So, these changes are pretty BIG.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...c-economy.html
Old Nov 16, 2016, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Kmxu
United did announce a change yesterday, which was related to next year's MP program. If you book the "basic economy" fare, you will not earn PQM, PQS, PQD, life time miles or the 4-segment minimum. So, these changes are pretty BIG.

And that's one way to discourage elites from buying those fares. There are other reasons why I would never buy a fare like that (I won't buy DLs either), but that would do it, too.

Back OT though, last time they made a change, I believe it was well into the earning year - June or so, before they announced it. I'd expect any changes not to be announced for a few months.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by emcampbe
And that's one way to discourage elites from buying those fares. There are other reasons why I would never buy a fare like that (I won't buy DLs either), but that would do it, too.

Back OT though, last time they made a change, I believe it was well into the earning year - June or so, before they announced it. I'd expect any changes not to be announced for a few months.
not really. They said it iN November 2014 for the 2015 activity
Old Nov 16, 2016, 1:44 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Global Entry
Which basically says I will never have status again, lol.
Old Nov 17, 2016, 6:34 am

Programs: UA Gold
What are the chances of UA following AA/DLs footsteps and allowing us to earn PQDs on non-UA issued tickets on partner airlines? It'd be really nice if I could earn PQDs flying ANA and LH in Premium Economy...

Last edited by Agremeister; Nov 17, 2016 at 6:44 am
Old Nov 17, 2016, 7:29 am

Programs: UA Silver
Thread on last year's announcement.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...p-changes.html

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Dec 7, 2016 at 12:10 pm Reason: link repair
Old Nov 17, 2016, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by geo979
Thread on last year's announcement.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1718606-any-announcement-pqd-requirements-2016-any-other-2016-mp-changes-30.html
Yeah I'm the one who started the thread expecting to hear something in November 2015 since their previous announcement was November 2014 but they didn't change anything so they didn't announce anything last year and it took forever to update their website with the new dates. I hope this year they say something
Old Nov 17, 2016, 9:36 am

Programs: UAL 1K MM, Marriott Ambassador

No chance I would ever book fare - no miles ??? no EQS ???
Old Nov 17, 2016, 9:41 am

Programs: UA 1k, SPG Plat 100
I'm still surprised that UA hasn't corrected the copy-paste error they made copying 1k PQM requirements from DL diamond. Not that I'm complaining, since I barely squeeze by with 100,000 PQM each year.
Old Nov 17, 2016, 5:59 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus Premier
I sit here and wonder, when did Frank Lorenzo come back? All of this reminds of his less than wonderful CO "Peanuts Fares" back in the early 90's before he finally left. At that time I had stopped worrying about chasing miles and status and worried more about reasonable fares, decent service and silly things like that stuff. Of course at that time there were more airlines flying the same routes so I did have options. Now I might as well just book with Spirit to begin with where I know the "low fares" are mostly BS at the get go. Right now I am wishing I did not have a bunch of stuff already booked with UA. I said the same thing last year but then Oscar sort of smoothed things over, my mistake, UA's loss in the long run.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 3:26 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
2018 qualification / 2017 program changes?

Any word on program changes for the coming year? Either changes to 2017 program benefits or changes to 2018 qualification?
Old Dec 6, 2016, 7:59 pm

Based on past behavior, it's a little late to announce any program changes. So it's likely things will remain the same for another year (taking into account the award fee changes announced a few months ago).
Old Dec 6, 2016, 8:40 pm

One thing I do wonder is about the Presidential Plus and the PQD waiver. I get the feeling that it has got to end at some point due to how they word stuff on the united website but it hasn't happened yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.