FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   UA Club Membership Card, in error, showing PresPlus? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1800744-ua-club-membership-card-error-showing-presplus.html)

JHake10 Nov 5, 2016 4:34 pm

UA Club Membership Card, in error, showing PresPlus?

All -

Didn't see any recent post on this. Apologize if there is another thread.

This year I got my new club membership card in the mail and on top of the card there is new text that says

Premier Access
Presidential Plus
I don't have any UA credit cards. Only thing that changed was the status level. I was a Platinum when the first card came now I'm a 1K.

Anybody know if this text represents anything I'm not aware of?

https://s18.postimg.cc/o5dh3m03d/IM...105_153010.jpg

prometa Nov 5, 2016 5:42 pm

Premier Access refers to a number of extra benefits United offers elites and credit card holders, like special check-in desks, priority screening, priority baggage off-loading, and priority boarding. Presidential Plus is a now-discontinued Chase co-branded credit card that I'm assuming you still hold.

FWIW, my club card says Premier Access and then, below it, Mileage Plus Club Card (the credit card I hold). Neither matter much, though, because since the club now requires a same-day boarding pass for entry even if you hold a membership, I simply scan my boarding pass for access. Presumably, I'd need my membership card if I held a boarding pass for a different airline, though 99% of my flying is UA. I'd also need the card to access Star Alliance lounges, though 99% of my flying is domestic.

JHake10 Nov 5, 2016 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by prometa (Post 27441887)
Premier Access refers to a number of extra benefits United offers elites and credit card holders, like special check-in desks, priority screening, priority baggage off-loading, and priority boarding. Presidential Plus is a now-discontinued Chase co-branded credit card that I'm assuming you still hold.

I never had a Presidential Plus card. I'm only 26, I think that card got discontinued before I got in the game. With the Premier Access, I was confused as I always had premier access since I was Platinum the first time I got a membership, and now 1K.

I'll chalk it up to UA IT :D

goodeats21 Nov 5, 2016 6:22 pm

Presidential Plus? Wasn't that an old Continental thing?

Seems like a big step backward for their branding.

Often1 Nov 5, 2016 6:38 pm

It doesn't matter.

The only time OP will ever need the card and even then it is only a remote maybe is when accessing some *A lounges such as LH. Some of those folks will insist on a physical card or at least the e-card.

Otherwise the card doesn't matter and what the card says doesn't matter so long as it has the "*A Lounge" logo on it.

Kacee Nov 5, 2016 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by JHake10 (Post 27441909)
I'll chalk it up to UA IT :D

Sounds like the proper explanation to me.

Xyzzy Nov 5, 2016 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by goodeats21 (Post 27442014)
Presidential Plus? Wasn't that an old Continental thing?

Seems like a big step backward for their branding.

Presidential Plus is a United branded credit card from Chase. It is no longer offered to new cust:omers.

JHake10 Nov 5, 2016 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by Often1 (Post 27442054)
It doesn't matter.

The only time OP will ever need the card and even then it is only a remote maybe is when accessing some *A lounges such as LH. Some of those folks will insist on a physical card or at least the e-card.

Otherwise the card doesn't matter and what the card says doesn't matter so long as it has the "*A Lounge" logo on it.

Yes, that's why I have the card. I was asked for it at the SQ lounge in MNL.

Just curious why it says Presidential Plus. Thought it was odd.

Xyzzy Nov 5, 2016 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by JHake10 (Post 27442638)
Yes, that's why I have the card. I was asked for it at the SQ lounge in MNL.

Just curious why it says Presidential Plus. Thought it was odd.

D:confused: you have a Presidential Plus card?

JHake10 Nov 5, 2016 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by Xyzzy (Post 27442642)
D:confused: you have a Presidential Plus card?

Nope. Only 26. Pretty sure that got discontinued before I got a job out of college in 2012. That's why I posted. Seemed odd. But it seems to be another UA IT mishap.

Steve M Nov 6, 2016 1:19 am

My United Club card looks the same as in the picture above, but it's supposed to be that way because I have a Presidential Plus credit card. Since there are many of us that are grandfathered into that card, that's why they still have the ability to produce United Club cards with that designation. Obviously an IT error of some kind caused it to appear on the OP's, but it may not be United's: an outside vendor produces and mails the cards, so the error could be on either side.

atword Nov 6, 2016 5:46 pm

Now if it said Red Carpet Club that would be something!