Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Winter/Christmas Business Sale to Europe?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2016, 2:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS 4MM

It seems to me that by this time in the year, I'm usually seeing some very attractive BF fares to Europe (2-3K roundtrip) for Christmas travel, but currently they're pricing at 6K even for P fares. Anyone have info on this?
Old Nov 3, 2016, 3:27 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA 1K>Plat>moving to Silver
At one point in May/June, I did see some 3K for mid-December (and bought one IAD-CDG - AF was pricing the same), but Yapta tracking shows that they went back to 6-7K by end of summer and have remained there since. (I also have not seen prices for Feb/March going down, either, though they usually do. Again, I have Yapta monitoring a number, and also check ITA every now and then.)
Old Nov 3, 2016, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
I'm confused... plenty of ORD-Europe 3xxx P fares valid for Thanksgiving and Christmas (some only Thanksgiving).
Old Nov 3, 2016, 4:59 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by findark
I'm confused... plenty of ORD-Europe 3xxx P fares valid for Thanksgiving and Christmas (some only Thanksgiving).
Yes, and I don't know that I consider 3k a sale. I've often seen holiday P fares to Europe below $2500. Last year I had ORD-MUC, VIE-ORD for $2500, which was higher than I'd paid in past years. Depends on your destination I suppose.

OP said 2-3k, but I think a sale is closer to the low end.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by JBord
Yes, and I don't know that I consider 3k a sale. I've often seen holiday P fares to Europe below $2500. Last year I had ORD-MUC, VIE-ORD for $2500, which was higher than I'd paid in past years. Depends on your destination I suppose.

OP said 2-3k, but I think a sale is closer to the low end.
Sure, but OP also said he was seeing 6k r/t for P fares, which is quite steep. To get a sale in the low 2s, you have to monitor the MR forum and pounce
Old Nov 3, 2016, 10:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS 4MM
Thanks, All, I'd be happy with a sub 3K fare (and this is ORD-OSL specifically), since GS lets me automatically upgrade my wife from Y with a GPU, but 6K is painful, esp with planes essentially empty. Last year got a great 2K J fare on SK thru ARN, but that doesn't seem available either (would LOVE an ORD-OSL flight). I'm sure at some point they'll want to sell these seats or open up the upgrades, but would prefer to get my flights nailed down soon...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.