Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Does UAL track every award flight I've ever cashed miles in for?

Old Oct 26, 16, 1:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Silver, Starwood Gold, Plat AE, CO PP MC, Marriott Rewards Plat, Virgin Elevate Gold

I was talking to a co-worker the other day, and I mentioned that, although I have 750,000 BIS miles on UA (and mostly on CO), I more than likely have accrued several million OnePass/MP miles over the course of 30-35 years

Anyone know if UA has a way to see that activity?
Old Oct 26, 16, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, National Exec, Hertz PC
It's all online from the past few years.

Whether or not they are willing to go back pre-merger and pull it all, is pretty much a no. We already saw the answer post-merger of the UA "printout" requests.
Old Oct 26, 16, 1:58 pm

Programs: Southwest, Alaska, United, American Airlines
Originally Posted by caseminole View Post
I was talking to a co-worker the other day, and I mentioned that, although I have 750,000 BIS miles on UA (and mostly on CO), I more than likely have accrued several million OnePass/MP miles over the course of 30-35 years

Anyone know if UA has a way to see that activity?
Yes, United can see every single account activity you've ever had on your MileagePlus and OnePass accounts. Granted, not all of that data is *immediately* accessible, but it can be pulled by the airline if the need arises.
Old Oct 26, 16, 2:04 pm

Funny that this just came up today as I was talking to a GA last night and she seemed to know that I usually don't travel on award tickets. I don't know if she just assumed that I wasn't or if she actually had it showing on her screen.
Old Oct 27, 16, 12:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by altbg View Post
Funny that this just came up today as I was talking to a GA last night and she seemed to know that I usually don't travel on award tickets. I don't know if she just assumed that I wasn't or if she actually had it showing on her screen.
Do you have any elite status at all?

Many elite in fact use their miles for either upgrade or sponsoring family members. It is uncommon for elite to spend miles on their own.
Old Oct 27, 16, 8:59 am

Programs: UA 1K, CO Plat, NW Plat, Marriott Premiere Plat, SPG Plat, Priority Gold, Hilton Gold
I rarely spend elite miles on myself as most of my travel is business (why spend miles to save on business airfare you can deduct 50% of on your taxes) and every mile I get helps with status.
Old Oct 27, 16, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by garykung View Post
Do you have any elite status at all?

Many elite in fact use their miles for either upgrade or sponsoring family members. It is uncommon for elite to spend miles on their own.
Just Silver. I do use miles for one or two domestic saver award trips per year, and half of that is usually for family.
Old Oct 27, 16, 11:18 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, HH Silver
It is uncommon for elite to spend miles on their own.
I use my miles for family vacations, including award ticket for myself, on international F/C Class.
Old Oct 27, 16, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by altbg View Post
Just Silver. I do use miles for one or two domestic saver award trips per year, and half of that is usually for family.
The elite status has sold you out.

Originally Posted by CIT85 View Post
I use my miles for family vacations, including award ticket for myself, on international F/C Class.
But do you do that all the times?

Note - elite status can be only earned through revenue flying. So elite status = the chance of travel award tickets is low.
Old Oct 27, 16, 5:06 pm

Programs: None - previously UA
Note - elite status can be only earned through revenue flying. So elite status = the chance of travel award tickets is low.
I used to be on that treadmill and would never use my miles for my own travel and had close to a million stashed, but these days with recent and not so recent changes, if I can snag an intl business award that trumps any elite qualification considerations.
Old Oct 28, 16, 8:57 am

Programs: UA GS, DL-FO, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Platinum Premier Lifetime
I occasionally use miles to book tickets for family members but I frequently use miles for my own travel too. I have many friends who do the same.

Search this Thread