FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Does UAL track every award flight I've ever cashed miles in for? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1798638-does-ual-track-every-award-flight-ive-ever-cashed-miles.html)

caseminole Oct 26, 2016 12:21 pm

Does UAL track every award flight I've ever cashed miles in for?

I was talking to a co-worker the other day, and I mentioned that, although I have 750,000 BIS miles on UA (and mostly on CO), I more than likely have accrued several million OnePass/MP miles over the course of 30-35 years

Anyone know if UA has a way to see that activity?

aacharya Oct 26, 2016 12:25 pm

It's all online from the past few years.

Whether or not they are willing to go back pre-merger and pull it all, is pretty much a no. We already saw the answer post-merger of the UA "printout" requests.

nerdbirdsjc Oct 26, 2016 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by caseminole (Post 27396141)
I was talking to a co-worker the other day, and I mentioned that, although I have 750,000 BIS miles on UA (and mostly on CO), I more than likely have accrued several million OnePass/MP miles over the course of 30-35 years

Anyone know if UA has a way to see that activity?

Yes, United can see every single account activity you've ever had on your MileagePlus and OnePass accounts. Granted, not all of that data is *immediately* accessible, but it can be pulled by the airline if the need arises.

altbg Oct 26, 2016 1:04 pm

Funny that this just came up today as I was talking to a GA last night and she seemed to know that I usually don't travel on award tickets. I don't know if she just assumed that I wasn't or if she actually had it showing on her screen.

garykung Oct 26, 2016 11:40 pm

Originally Posted by altbg (Post 27396340)
Funny that this just came up today as I was talking to a GA last night and she seemed to know that I usually don't travel on award tickets. I don't know if she just assumed that I wasn't or if she actually had it showing on her screen.

Do you have any elite status at all?

Many elite in fact use their miles for either upgrade or sponsoring family members. It is uncommon for elite to spend miles on their own.

raehl311 Oct 27, 2016 7:59 am

I rarely spend elite miles on myself as most of my travel is business (why spend miles to save on business airfare you can deduct 50% of on your taxes) and every mile I get helps with status.

altbg Oct 27, 2016 8:23 am

Originally Posted by garykung (Post 27398342)
Do you have any elite status at all?

Many elite in fact use their miles for either upgrade or sponsoring family members. It is uncommon for elite to spend miles on their own.

Just Silver. I do use miles for one or two domestic saver award trips per year, and half of that is usually for family.

CIT85 Oct 27, 2016 10:18 am

Originally Posted by garykung (Post 27398342)
It is uncommon for elite to spend miles on their own.

I use my miles for family vacations, including award ticket for myself, on international F/C Class.

garykung Oct 27, 2016 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by altbg (Post 27399693)
Just Silver. I do use miles for one or two domestic saver award trips per year, and half of that is usually for family.

The elite status has sold you out.

Originally Posted by CIT85 (Post 27400193)
I use my miles for family vacations, including award ticket for myself, on international F/C Class.

But do you do that all the times?

Note - elite status can be only earned through revenue flying. So elite status = the chance of travel award tickets is low.

escapefromphl Oct 27, 2016 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by garykung (Post 27401755)
Note - elite status can be only earned through revenue flying. So elite status = the chance of travel award tickets is low.

I used to be on that treadmill and would never use my miles for my own travel and had close to a million stashed, but these days with recent and not so recent changes, if I can snag an intl business award that trumps any elite qualification considerations.

Air Houston Oct 28, 2016 7:57 am

I occasionally use miles to book tickets for family members but I frequently use miles for my own travel too. I have many friends who do the same.