FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Booked United {codeshare on AC} to Montreal on UA - No Miles?, No PresPlus free bag? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1798606-booked-united-codeshare-ac-montreal-ua-no-miles-no-presplus-free-bag.html)

neilcb Oct 26, 16 8:39 am

Booked United {codeshare on AC} to Montreal on UA - No Miles?, No PresPlus free bag?

Recently booked flight from Houston to Montreal on United website. Paid with PresidentialPlus cc, but still have to pay for luggage. Noticed later on the e-mail confirmation that no MileagePlus miles would be awarded.

BBSHOPSINGER Oct 26, 16 9:25 am

It looks like maybe you weren't logged in when you purchased the ticket. Was your MP # on your reservation?

mtftw Oct 26, 16 9:47 am

Does the receipt just say something like "one or more legs of this flight is ineligible to receive miles"? I get that...probably 60% of the time I book, but it always ends up posting correctly.

WineCountryUA Oct 26, 16 9:53 am

Welcome to FT!, neilcb

Originally Posted by neilcb (Post 27395210)
Recently booked flight from Houston to Montreal on United website. Paid with PresidentialPlus cc, but still have to pay for luggage...

What is your flight number?
Did you book a codeshare with Air Canada? (such as the mid-day non-stop operated by Air Canada)
If codeshare, the PresPlus bag waive does not apply to non-UA operated flights.

Originally Posted by neilcb (Post 27395210)
Noticed later on the e-mail confirmation that no MileagePlus miles would be awarded.

As others have mentioned, this info, especially for codeshares, is incorrect.

neilcb Oct 26, 16 10:11 am

CodeShare

WineCountryUA: You are correct. It is CodeShare on Air Canada. I have never flown on Air Canada, will be more careful in the future.

cur Oct 26, 16 11:14 am

what were the ua flight numbers?

did you book this last 24 hours? cancel and re book for ua flights. seriously it's actually a bit better than qk

and you get dem miles

i'm assuming you're not a ca resident where errorplan could be a good deal with the credit card offers (and ignoring yq)

emcampbe Oct 26, 16 11:34 am

An AC codeshare should earn some miles, even on the lowest Tango fares. Not necesarilly 100%, but something. Even the lower Tango fares, booked through UA, should earn based on $ spent, just like on UA, and for transborder (US-Canada and vv), should earn 100% PQM. There used to be some Tango fares which didn't earn mileage, but that was years ago - Im pretty certain these days, only award classes don't earn anything on AC.

Originally Posted by cur (Post 27395847)
seriously it's actually a bit better than qk

Is it? Unless it's a CRJ-200, I'm not sure. AC Express tends to have leather seats throughout Y and seatback entertainment - not the greatest system in the world, but something and it's just fine for the what, 3 hour flight.

neilcb Oct 26, 16 12:41 pm

Too late for the 24 hour re-book. Am stuck with the baggage charge.Don't know what qk means. But if the above posts are correct, some miles and pqd will be awarded after all.

aacharya Oct 26, 16 12:51 pm

QK is the airline code for the former Air Canada Jazz, their regional subsidiary. Now the entire subsidiary is known Air Canada Express. But not everything AC Express flies as QK.

Your flight is an E75 operated by Air Canada Express - Sky Regional, so RS.

WineCountryUA Oct 26, 16 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by cur (Post 27395847)
... cancel and re book for ua flights. seriously it's actually a bit better than qk ...

No UA operated nonstop IAH-YUL

Kacee Oct 26, 16 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by aacharya (Post 27396276)
Your flight is an E75 operated by Air Canada Express - Sky Regional, so RS.

At 4:05 one of the longest RJ flights out there. Done that. Didn't much like it. But that was long before the E175.

radiowell Aug 26, 19 12:49 pm

Sorry for bumping an old thread, I do have a similar issue here. Booked BOS-YUL on united.com, economy, non-stop, AC operated, UA flight number (UA 8XXX). But both UA and AC sites say I need to pay for bags, even though I am 1K. I actually don't plan to check bags, but do want *G benefits if necessary. Looks like AC took my MileagePlus number, but may not recognize my *G? Will this issue be resolved at check in, or should I take an action before hand?

expressboy Aug 26, 19 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by radiowell (Post 31458855)
Sorry for bumping an old thread, I do have a similar issue here. Booked BOS-YUL on united.com, economy, non-stop, AC operated, UA flight number (UA 8XXX). But both UA and AC sites say I need to pay for bags, even though I am 1K. I actually don't plan to check bags, but do want *G benefits if necessary. Looks like AC took my MileagePlus number, but may not recognize my *G? Will this issue be resolved at check in, or should I take an action before hand?

It will be resolved at check-in. You should not have any issues.

radiowell Aug 26, 19 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by expressboy (Post 31459316)
It will be resolved at check-in. You should not have any issues.

Thank you. I will wait. FWIW, I am getting the RDM, PQM and PQD, as expected.

emcampbe Aug 26, 19 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by radiowell (Post 31458855)

UA often gets the wrong bag allowance for partners.

AC, unless something has changed relatively recently, typically shows the generic bag allowance without status for all flights, then somewhere on the site shows a note stating the free bags for AP elites/*G. I think, though canít remeber for sure, that they do have a bag calculator on their site showing the correct bag alllowance.