Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Booked United {codeshare on AC} to Montreal on UA - No Miles?, No PresPlus free bag?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booked United {codeshare on AC} to Montreal on UA - No Miles?, No PresPlus free bag?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2019, 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by emcampbe

UA often gets the wrong bag allowance for partners.

AC, unless something has changed relatively recently, typically shows the generic bag allowance without status for all flights, then somewhere on the site shows a note stating the free bags for AP elites/*G. I think, though can’t remeber for sure, that they do have a bag calculator on their site showing the correct bag alllowance.
Thanks. Yeah, hope that's it. I was more worried about the *G benefit (such as early boarding), but even this is not a biggie. I'll just make sure to bring my 1K and UC cards for MLL access at YUL (which reminds me, I once showed up at YVR MLL with a transborder F ticket, a 1K card, and a UC card, and asked the lounge attendant to "pick one" ).
Old Aug 26, 2019, 8:58 pm

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by radiowell
Thanks. Yeah, hope that's it. I was more worried about the *G benefit (such as early boarding), but even this is not a biggie. I'll just make sure to bring my 1K and UC cards for MLL access at YUL (which reminds me, I once showed up at YVR MLL with a transborder F ticket, a 1K card, and a UC card, and asked the lounge attendant to "pick one" ).
I’ve not gained admittance to the MLL on the arrival side, only pre-departure, despite *G and UC member. Let us know how it goes.

edit: Never mind. You must be referring to a return flight.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by JimInOhio

I’ve not gained admittance to the MLL on the arrival side, only pre-departure, despite *G and UC member. Let us know how it goes.

edit: Never mind. You must be referring to a return flight.
Yes, the return from YUL. My fault, I should have been more clear and stated that I booked a RT ticket.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 9:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
I once showed up at YVR MLL with a transborder F ticket, a 1K card, and a UC card, and asked the lounge attendant to "pick one"
Even in Coach, your ticket is all you need if your *G number is on the record.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 9:45 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Sorry for bumping an old thread, I do have a similar issue here. Booked BOS-YUL on united.com, economy, non-stop, AC operated, UA flight number (UA 8XXX). But both UA and AC sites say I need to pay for bags, even though I am 1K. I actually don't plan to check bags, but do want *G benefits if necessary. Looks like AC took my MileagePlus number, but may not recognize my *G? Will this issue be resolved at check in, or should I take an action before hand?
There is a known issue where AC will try to charge you for a UA codeshare/AC operated flight, even with UA*G number on the PNR. If you want to check-in online, just mark no checked bags, and check the bag in-person. Otherwise, *G is entitled to at least 1 free checked bag, depending on class of service.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.