Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 29, 2016, 8:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: getagb
Global Services Qualifying Discussion- 2017

Use Global Services 2017 Notifications (ONLY) to report your actual notification. Here is a form for people to fill out once they receive their Global Services qualification notification:

Originally Posted by Global Services Google Form
PLEASE ONLY FILL OUT THE FORM ONCE YOU HAVE QUALIFIED FOR GLOBAL SERVICES!!

Follow the form through and fill out as much as you can. There are a few required fields and a few optional fields. The more data you can provide, the better off we will be for building a prediction model.

You can view the results here:

Originally Posted by Global Services Data 2017
I made the spreadsheet uneditable this year because last year the data became almost unusable. Feel free to copy the data into another spreadsheet to form your own analysis. You will see some nice stats on the "Statistics" tab below.

To help standardize inputs ( and based on reports only UA operated flights are considered for GS), please make reference to
UA PQDs (only PQDs earned in UA operated flights). It takes a little work using the data in Account Summary Details to remove any non-UA operated PQDs.

Likewise UA PQMs, UA BIS and UA CPM.

IF YOU WERE DENIED GLOBAL SERVICES FOR 2017, PLEASE FILL OUT THIS FORM

Originally Posted by Global Services Denial Form
The data from this form will be populated in the same spreadsheet above. There will be indicators on qualifiers and denials within the data (coming soon).

BIS is actual scheduled flight distance (Great Circle Mileage Distance -- GCM) between airports with 500 mile minimum for elites. This is the standard used for Lifetime miles also. Those flying mostly sub-500 segments sometimes prefer to not use the minimum rule.

The definition for CPM is a bit vaguer, especially since CPM is used in multiple different situations.

Believe for the purpose of this thread, GS qualification, folks are using

PQD CPM = UA PQDs / UA BIS

Note there is no direct evidence UA uses this CPM number for GS Qualification but it is a number FTers like to use.

As for BIS, UA does not report this number your account and it needs to be manually tracked.

One way is to make use that PQMs are based on BIS but there may be a multiplier / bonus for high end fares. If always in 2x PQMs, you could divide by 2 to get BIS.

rwsteelers had a good method for determining UA BIS -- the change in Lifetime Miles from the first of the year.

To find your PQDs if >than $12K
Go to MileagePlus activity since my last statement and it is in the "Account summary" table at the top of the page.

Note this is not just the UA operated PQDs (which is commonly believed to be what matters for GS) but rather your total PQDs.

Thread from 2016 - Global Services Qualifications 2016
Print Wikipost

2017 GS Qualifying Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2016, 12:29 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, Marriott LT Platinum, SPG platinum
Long time 1k (last 12 years) but never been a GS. I will end up the year with

301k PQM
$55k PQD (About $50 k in UA only)

70% of international flights on paid business class and 50% of Domestic flights on paid first class

Out of SMF (Sacramento) but took many flights from SFO due to price difference/canceled SMF-SFO flights etc

What are my chances ?
Old Nov 1, 2016, 12:40 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by smfflyer

301k PQM

70% of international flights on paid business class and 50% of Domestic flights on paid first class

Out of SMF (Sacramento) but took many flights from SFO due to price difference/canceled SMF-SFO flights etc

What are my chances ?
45%
Old Nov 1, 2016, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by iluv2fly
45%
Only 45% ? I was hoping it would be higher.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 1:16 pm

Programs: UA GS
45%
Only 45% ? I was hoping it would be higher.
I'll take the over.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by LAXOGG
I'll take the over.
I hope that we can see how our predictions turn out next year.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 1:53 pm

I hope that we can see how our predictions turn out next year.
Is there a basis for the prediction or just a hunch ?
Old Nov 1, 2016, 1:56 pm

Is there a basis for the prediction or just a hunch ?
First timer, so that raises the bar.
50K is right on the bubble.

All this goes into the iluv2flyGSqualification valuation formula and you get the number.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 2:00 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, Hyatt Lifetime Glob, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum
I will end up at a shade under $60k, with 269k PQM and 173K BIS (95%+ on UA metal). My numbers are up around 10% from last year and I am EWR based. Expecting no surprises.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 2:02 pm

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere
Originally Posted by CopperSteve
I will end up at a shade under $60k, with 269k PQM and 173K BIS (95%+ on UA metal). My numbers are up around 10% from last year and I am EWR based. Expecting no surprises.
It would not be so smart on UA's part to hack off a loyal flyer such as you!
Old Nov 1, 2016, 2:10 pm

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by DENflyer3
I was in about the same boat last year. I had been GS in previous years but not for a while. I missed it but close two years prior. Last year I finished about 200k miles and $56,000 spend, based on qualifications last year I would say you are in. See you at Elways.
Last year I was in the 50's on spend and about 150k PQM (a shade under 100k flight miles) and got it. Slightly less the prior year and got it. Expecting to come in about the same this year. Fingers crossed.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 5:55 pm

301k PQM

What are my chances ?
I was 1k for 7 years before Qualified for GS, I did not make it until I exceed it 60K PQD
Old Nov 1, 2016, 6:31 pm

What about LAX (Los Angeles) is that typically a tough home airport to qualify from?
Old Nov 2, 2016, 5:03 am

Programs: UA 1mm 1K, Marriott Plat, AA ExecPlat
Hi everyone! Longtime listener, first time caller on FlyerTalk...thank you for all the insights and advice here. I've been 1K on and off for a decade...wondering if GS is in sight for this year.

Likely to hit $32k on UA metal and 155PQM by end of year.

Do I have a shot? I have a few shuttle flights ahead of me that I could take on UA instead if, on the margin, a bit more spend would help.

DC based, if that matters.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 5:08 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by gadflyer
Hi everyone! Longtime listener, first time caller on FlyerTalk...thank you for all the insights and advice here. I've been 1K on and off for a decade...wondering if GS is in sight for this year.

Do I have a shot? I have a few shuttle flights ahead of me that I could take on UA instead if, on the margin, a bit more spend would help.

Slim chance unless you can find a way to $45K PQD. I missed first time qualify with around $40K PQD on UA metal a couple years back, but got it this year with $65K.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 7:28 am

Programs: Lifetime UA 1K, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by gadflyer

Unless the qualification level is lowered, I would be surprised. I had three years in a row at $45-$48K where I didn't make it. Last year I was at $56K and finally made it. $50K seems like the clip level for most people - although there seem to be exceptions for high spend per mile.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.