Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United Club stats - membership up 4%

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2016, 3:54 am

Location: Rowley, MA / Edgartown, MA / Christiansted, St. Croix (USVI)
Programs: UA LT GS/4.96MM, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Platinum, Global Entry, TSA Pre✓, Korea SeS, APEC
Originally Posted by AlreadyThere
I enjoy reading everyone's Yogi Berra-like reasoning: Everyone is leaving because the clubs are getting more and more crowded.

I'm somewhat surprised that you (and these other multi-decade GS/1Ks) didn't buy lifetime memberships while they were still available, or qualify under the old 2MM rule.
I've been a member since the early 90's and other than the first year I think I always used miles to pay for my membership. I was lucky enough to hit 2MM while the lifetime perk was still in place. The overcrowding however has gotten bad enough that I actively look for alternative places to hangout when waiting for a flight. The LH, Singapore Air and ANA lounges are consistently a safe choice with much better food. Domestically I haven't found any consistently reliable alternatives.
Old Nov 12, 2016, 9:36 am

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
I've had access to the RCC/UC for maybe 10 years or so, but I haven't paid for a membership in five. Two years each from TK and CM status matches. My complementary access will expire for good in Feb.

In the meantime, for $95 per year (AS MVP Gold + Amex Plat Airline Credit) I have a BR membership and Admirals Club access on AA flights. My family splits the Amex plat fee for Centurion and SC access on DL flights. This covers a lot of my needs.

UNITED is the odd airline out and this year I flew only 13 segments. Not worth purchasing a membership going forward, but I will miss having the option of access even if the value has diminished greatly.

Last edited by anc-ord772; Nov 12, 2016 at 9:57 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.