Avoiding "mixed cabin" searches

Old Oct 15, 2016, 3:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: United, Turkish
Avoiding "mixed cabin" searches

DW is disabled, we have to fly first class or we don't go. All leisure travel. . How do I search united.com for first/ business class saver award tickets and not get a million useless "mixed cabin" responses? We are both UA PLat.
Old Oct 15, 2016, 4:28 am

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
Once you do the search, there is a tab on the left called "Experiences" click there and uncheck the "Single cabin aircraft"

If you use the iPad app it is on the bottom
If you use the iPhone it is labeled filters on the bottom right
Old Oct 15, 2016, 4:35 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Hipplewm
Once you do the search, there is a tab on the left called "Experiences" click there and uncheck the "Single cabin aircraft"

If you use the iPad app it is on the bottom
If you use the iPhone it is labeled filters on the bottom right
I read it as though the OP were asking about Y being offered for a leg like EWR-NRT-MNL where it's showing the result but NRT-MNL on NH is in Y vs it just being a single cabin hop.
If it's the former I don't know if there's a fix but I'd love it also.
Old Oct 15, 2016, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by morelegroom
DW is disabled, we have to fly first class or we don't go. All leisure travel. . How do I search united.com for first/ business class saver award tickets and not get a million useless "mixed cabin" responses? We are both UA PLat.
Don't forget, some of those "mixed cabin" responses could be United First vs Business. I get these on domestic-INTL itineraries.
Old Oct 15, 2016, 8:11 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.45MM, Marriott+SPG Plat, Clear, Nexus, Global Entry and MEX Viajero Confiable
Originally Posted by TomMM
Don't forget, some of those "mixed cabin" responses could be United First vs Business. I get these on domestic-INTL itineraries.
I encounter frequently what OP is saying. Example would be a BOS-ICN in First .. where it is showing segments of BOS-SFO only in economy. I too would love to check a box that would only show me options where all segments are in F instead of having to click on "details" or mouseover the symbol showing mixed cabin.
Old Oct 15, 2016, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA MM Plat; AA MM Gold; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by TomMM
@:-)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.