Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated SIN (Singapore Changi) logistics / checkin / connections / lounges

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 21, 2017, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
You will need an airport printed BPs, app-based BPs will not be generated or accepted.

Lounges
  • STATS (Terminal 1, 2, 3) open 24 hours
  • SQ KrisFlyer (for *G pax) / SilverKris (for J pax) lounges (Terminal 2, 3rd Floor, Mezzanine Level & Terminal 3, 3rd Floor, near to Gates A1-5) open 24 hours
  • TG Royal Silk Lounge (International Terminal 1, 3rd Floor, near West Immigration) (not open overnight)

Related threads - United Starting nonstop flight SFO-SIN - June 2016
UA Ending LAX-SIN, going 2x daily SFO-SIN, 27 OCT 2018
Changi early morning flight can I get airside the night before?
Print Wikipost

Consolidated SIN (Singapore Changi) logistics / checkin / connections / lounges

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2018, 8:22 am

Programs: United-1K+2MM, Bonvoy-LifetimeGold,IHG-Diamond-Ambassador
UA at SIN

Does anyone know when the checkinn opens at SIN for UA28?
Or is it now possible to checkinn online and do the questionary at the gate like in Frankfurt or London?
Old Nov 17, 2018, 8:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Counter should be open three hours prior to departure.

You should be able to check-in online.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
SIN allows online check-in and mobile/paper BPs to get through immigration. You will go through questioning at the gate. The questioning at check-in is mostly around your baggage.

-RM
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 2:37 am

Changi Early Check In

Is there any way to check in more than 2.5 hours before flight time at Changi? I thought you could but people at the airport are telling me no. Thanks.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 6:14 am

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
The united counter opens roughly 2.5 hours before the flight. There is literally no one there to take your luggage and the security/immigration guys who ask you all the questions aren't there to put a sticker on your passport either - they show up when the counter opens.
drewguy and Aussienarelle like this.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 6:51 am

I can't speak for United, but I checked in 7 hours early for an ANA flight SIN-HND last week. There are counters in T2, as well as a SATS lounge, especially designated to handle early check-ins, and accept checked bags, for SQ, LH, NH as well as others. I'm not sure UA is a participant in the service.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 8:21 am

Ana participates in early check-in at Changi (up to 24 hr)

United does not. You have to wait till counter opens

Changi early morning flight can I get airside the night before?

http://www.changiairport.com/en/pass...ckinearly.html
Old Dec 16, 2018, 9:04 am

Programs: United-1K+2MM, Bonvoy-LifetimeGold,IHG-Diamond-Ambassador
Checkinn

Does anyone know or did this: Checkinn for the pm-flight using the am-flight checkinn-time.?
Old Jan 13, 2019, 10:55 am

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, BA Gold
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
SIN allows online check-in and mobile/paper BPs to get through immigration. You will go through questioning at the gate. The questioning at check-in is mostly around your baggage.

-RM
So just want to confirm this: You can check in online with United (UA metal) and they let you through security with the mobile or home printed boarding pass? Can't find anything definitive on the website, but the news articles that talk about this only mention a handful of airlines that offer mobile boarding pass (not including UA).

Wiki also says airport printed BP required. Should be updated if not the case anymore.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 11:23 am

Programs: UA/Premier 1K, Bonvoy/Titanium
Originally Posted by fatlasercat
So just want to confirm this: You can check in online with United (UA metal) and they let you through security with the mobile or home printed boarding pass? Can't find anything definitive on the website, but the news articles that talk about this only mention a handful of airlines that offer mobile boarding pass (not including UA).

Wiki also says airport printed BP required. Should be updated if not the case anymore.
You can OLCI but the print-at-home boarding pass that you get via email has a line that states "Due to additional security measures, this boarding pass must be exchanged at the airport check-in counter before proceeding to the gate."

Mobile boarding passes are not available.

The print-at-home boarding pass otherwise looks and is an actual boarding pass (barcode and sequence number etc.) so I suppose you might be able to get past security agents who might not know the procedures, but don't count on it.
ContinentalFan likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fatlasercat

Originally Posted by kohswisscheese
You can OLCI but the print-at-home boarding pass that you get via email has a line that states "Due to additional security measures, this boarding pass must be exchanged at the airport check-in counter before proceeding to the gate."

Mobile boarding passes are not available.

The print-at-home boarding pass otherwise looks and is an actual boarding pass (barcode and sequence number etc.) so I suppose you might be able to get past security agents who might not know the procedures, but don't count on it.
That would be only if the security agents are grossly deviating normal procedures, which entails scanning the BP. The at-home BP is not accepted by the agents' scanners, while the counter-printed one is.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 12:57 am

Programs: UA/Premier 1K, Bonvoy/Titanium
Originally Posted by fumje
That would be only if the security agents are grossly deviating normal procedures, which entails scanning the BP. The at-home BP is not accepted by the agents' scanners, while the counter-printed one is.
Yes I agree that most personnel would a) know that United print-at-home boarding passes are not permitted and/or b) read the small print about the print-at-home boarding pass having to be exchanged at the airport counter. I'm certain they will scan the boarding pass, but I wonder if the barcode of the print-at-home boarding pass would indeed be rejected by the scanner (will it beep red etc.?).

I think it's possible although unlikely for personnel to overlook the fact that United doesn't allow print-at-home boarding passes. But it's almost impossible for them to not scan the boarding pass at all.

One would think if it's a scrambled or fake barcode that UA would just send the "Airport Check-In is required for PNR xxxxxx" email instead... But I suppose this is all an academic exercise.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kohswisscheese
Yes I agree that most personnel would a) know that United print-at-home boarding passes are not permitted and/or b) read the small print about the print-at-home boarding pass having to be exchanged at the airport counter. I'm certain they will scan the boarding pass, but I wonder if the barcode of the print-at-home boarding pass would indeed be rejected by the scanner (will it beep red etc.?).

I think it's possible although unlikely for personnel to overlook the fact that United doesn't allow print-at-home boarding passes. But it's almost impossible for them to not scan the boarding pass at all.

One would think if it's a scrambled or fake barcode that UA would just send the "Airport Check-In is required for PNR xxxxxx" email instead... But I suppose this is all an academic exercise.
Sorry, just to clarify my earlier comment: the barcode on the at-home BP is different and is definitely rejected by the scanners. I don't know why they issue a print-at-home BP at all; I imagine that it would work for boarding, but since you can't get to the gate without talking to the counter, that seems pointless.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 1:37 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA GS; Marriott Titanium / LT Plat
A few quick questions on this. I've departed SIN twice, one on SQ to KUL and once on ANA to SFO... so had to do the paper boarding pass. I'm on my first SFO-SIN-SFO on UA Metal.
  1. It seems that OLCI (online check in) is now available, but you still need to get a paper boarding pass? Or will the mobile app work?
  2. If no to the mobile app boarding pass... any chance my PreCheck will show up on the boarding pass for my SFO-IAH subsequent flight?
  3. I'm on UA28 (departing SIN at 10:20PM) - I'm thinking arrive at SIN around 7:30 / 8PM or so... grab a quick bite in the SilveKris lounge... that time seem about right? Should I plan on a little earlier?
Thank you in advance!
Old Jan 30, 2019, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jonisflying
A few quick questions on this. I've departed SIN twice, one on SQ to KUL and once on ANA to SFO... so had to do the paper boarding pass. I'm on my first SFO-SIN-SFO on UA Metal.
  1. It seems that OLCI (online check in) is now available, but you still need to get a paper boarding pass? Or will the mobile app work?
  2. If no to the mobile app boarding pass... any chance my PreCheck will show up on the boarding pass for my SFO-IAH subsequent flight?
  3. I'm on UA28 (departing SIN at 10:20PM) - I'm thinking arrive at SIN around 7:30 / 8PM or so... grab a quick bite in the SilveKris lounge... that time seem about right? Should I plan on a little earlier?
Thank you in advance!
1. Yes, you still need to get a paper boarding pass (see above comments). The mobile app doesn't receive a boarding pass ex SIN.
2. Typically yes, if your KTN is entered correctly and global entry / nexus / pre status is valid, you will get Pre on all BPs (even the SIN-SFO one).
3. That timing is fine, just so long as you do know where you're going in the airport. The walk from exit immigration to the lounge is about 5 minutes, and from the lounge to the gate usually is about 10 minutes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.