Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated logistics / checkin / connections / lounges at (SIN) Singapore Changi

Consolidated logistics / checkin / connections / lounges at (SIN) Singapore Changi

Hide Wikipost
Old Feb 22, 19, 9:19 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Wiki Link
You will need an airport printed BPs, app-based BPs will not be generated or accepted.

Lounges
  • STATS (Terminal 1, 2, 3) open 24 hours
  • SQ KrisFlyer (for *G pax) / SilverKris (for J pax) lounges (Terminal 2, 3rd Floor, Mezzanine Level & Terminal 3, 3rd Floor, near to Gates A1-5) open 24 hours
  • TG Royal Silk Lounge (International Terminal 1, 3rd Floor, near West Immigration) (not open overnight)

Related threads - United Starting nonstop flight SFO-SIN - June 2016
UA Ending LAX-SIN, going 2x daily SFO-SIN, 27 OCT 2018
Changi early morning flight can I get airside the night before?
Print Wikipost

Old Jan 26, 16, 4:46 am
Original Poster

I have a C class ticket from SIN-NRT and would rather just sleep in the airport and use the lounge rather than getting a hotel nearby for a few hours. My question is a little odd because I'm on a stopover (1 week) then continuing NRT-ORD. Can I OLCI then clear security the night before? I won't have any checked luggage.

The consensus from the threads seems to be US-bound flights don't allow it but technically I won't be on a US-bound list (or does stopover put me on that list still)?

Sorry if it's still a hard NO. Just wanted to confirm thanks!

Source threads:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singa...ht-before.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ey-open-7.html.

UPDATE: Looks like its a hard NOPE. Couldn't checkin online or on the app. Security/staff show up around 3:00 and start checking people in at 3:30ish.

Last edited by Slapem; Feb 15, 16 at 9:33 pm Reason: Update with results
Old Jan 26, 16, 6:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I've done it before, sleeping in the lounge as you describe. I do not remember the exact circumstances of how I accomplished it in terms of what the boarding pass looked like (print at home, airport kiosk, etc.) but I distinctly remember sleeping in that lounge for a couple hours.
Old Jan 26, 16, 7:10 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM
Main thing is if you can do OLCI. If you can, you would be able to enter the secured area with your mobile boarding pass. I think you should be able to do OLCI to NRT.
Old Jan 26, 16, 8:07 am
Suspended

Programs: UA GS, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LP
Originally Posted by gaszlim View Post
Main thing is if you can do OLCI. If you can, you would be able to enter the secured area with your mobile boarding pass. I think you should be able to do OLCI to NRT.
+1 - if you have a valid BP you will be allowed to pass through immigration at SIN no questions asked.... And since your are in C class make sure you use the SQ lounge not the crappy lounge UA uses....
Old Jan 26, 16, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, AA, DL, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by gaszlim View Post
Per the list of international airports with mobile BP option on the UA site, SIN is not listed (and seems to have been updated, as YYZ seems to now be on the list though I've never seen it as an option there before). So would need to have a printed BP.
Old Jan 26, 16, 8:21 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by emcampbe View Post
Per the list of international airports with mobile BP option on the UA site, SIN is not listed (and seems to have been updated, as YYZ seems to now be on the list though I've never seen it as an option there before). So would need to have a printed BP.
My experience with UA - as of two weeks ago on the SiN-NRT route - without another continuing flight to USA - is that BP appears electronically every time - but I have GE and can't say for sure that would apply to all UA travelers....
Old Jan 26, 16, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, AF/KL Gold, UA 1K, AA 2mm LT PLT
You don't go thru security in SIN until you are ready to board. Lounges and shopping are all before security, which at SIN is done at the gate (or gate clusters). You will need a BP for passport control to enter the concourse.
Old Jan 26, 16, 8:26 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by SFO777 View Post
You don't go thru security in SIN until you are ready to board. All the action including lounges are before security, which at SIN is done at the gate (gate clusters). You will need BP for passport control to enter the concourse.
Yes this is what OP is asking - as we have pointed out you need a BP to get through immigration....
Old Jan 26, 16, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by bmwe92fan View Post
My experience with UA - as of two weeks ago on the SiN-NRT route - without another continuing flight to USA - is that BP appears electronically every time - but I have GE and can't say for sure that would apply to all UA travelers....
In what form did it appear electronically? (E.g., showed up in the app, emailed from successful OLCI?)
Old Jan 26, 16, 8:52 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by fumje View Post
In what form did it appear electronically? (E.g., showed up in the app, emailed from successful OLCI?)
It was an auto check in of a "return" flight - it just showed up on my iPhone.... I do this flight monthly so not sure my experience equates to anyone else....

ETA - I have GE status with multiple countries so not sure this translates to anyone....

Last edited by bmwe92fan; Jan 26, 16 at 8:57 am
Old Jan 26, 16, 8:58 am

It was an auto check in of a "return" flight - it just showed up on my iPhone.... I do this flight monthly so not sure my experience equates to anyone else....
Well in the interest of science I suggest every month you try a different option for us and report back!

Perhaps this is one scenario in which I don't want to fight the auto-checkin checkbox (caveat noted, though).
Old Jan 26, 16, 9:02 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by fumje View Post
Well in the interest of science I suggest every month you try a different option for us and report back!

Perhaps this is one scenario in which I don't want to fight the auto-checkin checkbox (caveat noted, though).
Lol bekieve me UA gives me multiple opportunities every month to test this - I'm always amazed at how easy it is to get a UA BP - and how difficult to get any other *A when on 016 stock....
Old Jan 26, 16, 5:02 pm

+1 - if you have a valid BP you will be allowed to pass through immigration at SIN no questions asked.... And since your are in C class make sure you use the SQ lounge not the crappy lounge UA uses....
UA uses the SATS lounge which doesn't open until 430am or 500am anyway, but it does have a couple showers.
The SQ gold lounges do not have showers, but are accessible 24 hrs.
I have not yet been in the SQ biz/first lounges so I'm not sure what's in there.
There's also the TG lounge, but its hours of operation seem to keep changing.
Old Jan 26, 16, 6:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Lifetime GS, SQ*PPS
Originally Posted by Long Zhiren View Post
UA uses the SATS lounge which doesn't open until 430am or 500am anyway, but it does have a couple showers.
The SQ gold lounges do not have showers, but are accessible 24 hrs.
I have not yet been in the SQ biz/first lounges so I'm not sure what's in there.
There's also the TG lounge, but its hours of operation seem to keep changing.
I have skipped the SATS Lounge for the past 4 years, and just go directly to SQ Silverkris Lounge. With UA's C BP and F BP, one can access SQ's wonderful Silverkris Lounge. The F section is very nice.
Old Jan 26, 16, 10:38 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold
My experience at SIN was they don't accept mobile BP so you'd need a printed copy to go thru immigration. Since there are no self-service kiosks and the check in counters don't open until ~3am, you'll have to print it out ahead of time.

The ID checkers right before immigration will check your name against a list and put a colored sticker on the back of your passport that will be verified at the gate just prior to security screening.

I don't think there's any time restrictions on when you can go thru immigration as long as you have the hard copy BP but be prepared to be turned away by the ID checkers until the check in counters open. In fact, there may not be anybody around ahead of time to let you thru. I guess it all depends on the time of day

Since you are in UA C, you're entitled to the SQ SilverKris lounge which is open 24hrs. It's down the hall from the SATS and SQ Krisflyer Gold lounge. It has better food options and showers. Security screening is done at the gate prior to boarding so you can roam the terminals freely beforehand.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: