Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated SIN (Singapore Changi) logistics / checkin / connections / lounges

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 21, 2017, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
You will need an airport printed BPs, app-based BPs will not be generated or accepted.

Lounges
  • STATS (Terminal 1, 2, 3) open 24 hours
  • SQ KrisFlyer (for *G pax) / SilverKris (for J pax) lounges (Terminal 2, 3rd Floor, Mezzanine Level & Terminal 3, 3rd Floor, near to Gates A1-5) open 24 hours
  • TG Royal Silk Lounge (International Terminal 1, 3rd Floor, near West Immigration) (not open overnight)

Related threads - United Starting nonstop flight SFO-SIN - June 2016
UA Ending LAX-SIN, going 2x daily SFO-SIN, 27 OCT 2018
Changi early morning flight can I get airside the night before?
Print Wikipost

Consolidated SIN (Singapore Changi) logistics / checkin / connections / lounges

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2018, 4:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

All of these lounges are better than what awaits on the other end of the flight, the United Club in SFO. Can’t complain about the SIN lounges when that’s what you’re comparing against.
wanderingkev likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 6:20 pm

Programs: ExecutiveClub GGL/CCR MileagePlus 1K FLyingBlue GOld
Exactly as I was expected, the dirt from the lounge has taking its tool on me. Been going to the toilet with huge tummy cramps. I so regret I did not ate something in the airport. Lesson learned :-(
Old Mar 13, 2018, 1:48 am

Programs: AA, UA, WN
So I am wondering if I can take the city tour? I arrive at 9am into SIN hand luggage only and my UA flight 38 is the next day at 11am. I read that I need my boarding passes to take the tour. Can i check in at the transfer desk a full day before my departure? Will I have issues taking the tour and clearing immigration? Don't want to get stuck landside if my bags are airside. My tickets are separate so I won't be issued my BP beforehand.

TIA
Old Mar 13, 2018, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Flying Machine

I stand corrected. I thought they were open at three hours prior when I checked in but according to the UA website:

Singapore, Singapore

Singapore Changi Airport (SIN)
Terminal 2
65 Airport Blvd.
Singapore 819663
Check-in counter opens 2.5 hours prior to departure and closes 1 hour prior to departure
At one time (before SIN-SFO/LAX) I believe it was three hours prior.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 8:32 am
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by fumje
At one time (before SIN-SFO/LAX) I believe it was three hours prior.
You are correct.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 10:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Halo117
So I am wondering if I can take the city tour? I arrive at 9am into SIN hand luggage only and my UA flight 38 is the next day at 11am. I read that I need my boarding passes to take the tour. Can i check in at the transfer desk a full day before my departure? Will I have issues taking the tour and clearing immigration? Don't want to get stuck landside if my bags are airside. My tickets are separate so I won't be issued my BP beforehand.
With a 26 hour layover, I would just get a hotel in the city. It's only 20-25 minutes by taxi.

Inbound immigration has never taken me more than about 3 minutes. Outbound is now even quicker, since it's automated.

And no, you can't check in prior to 24 hours to your UA flight. Sorry, don't know what that means in terms of taking the tour.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 9:00 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN
Originally Posted by Kacee
With a 26 hour layover, I would just get a hotel in the city. It's only 20-25 minutes by taxi.

Inbound immigration has never taken me more than about 3 minutes. Outbound is now even quicker, since it's automated.

And no, you can't check in prior to 24 hours to your UA flight. Sorry, don't know what that means in terms of taking the tour.
thanks for the reply. I plan to stay in the city.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 12:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Halo117
thanks for the reply. I plan to stay in the city.
I got the idea that you were looking to take the tour and then to travel back into the city after returning back to the airport -- basically, you wanted to know if they required a same-day arrival and departure in order to be eligible for the tour. I don't know the answer, as I've never taken the tour, but if that was your question, I'm not sure it was clear originally. Perhaps someone else does know.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 12:45 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus Gold
I'll be arriving on UA 1 economy at 645AM into SIN , United Gold, and wondering if there is a lounge where I can likely get a shower after arrival, or what would be the best option before leaving the airport - willing to pay $15-20 if that is an option?

And I'll be leaving on a United ticket ANA flight NH804 at 12:35am to Narita, also wondering about if I can likely find a lounge then as well - again would be willing trade a few dollars for the shower to avoid a hassle and spend the time touring the airport and then hanging out at the best lounge before the flight (which one?). How much time should I give myself between exiting the lounge and going to the gate with my carry on?

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Mar 16, 2018 at 2:54 pm Reason: Moved to exisiting thread
Old Mar 16, 2018, 1:31 pm
mr8

Programs: UA1K | *A Gold
Originally Posted by WestfieldTraveler
Thought I would hop on this thread rather than start another - I'll be arriving on UA 1 economy at 645AM into SIN , United Gold, and wondering if there is a lounge where I can likely get a shower after arrival, or what would be the best option before leaving the airport - willing to pay $15-20 if that is an option?

And I'll be leaving on a United ticket ANA flight NH804 at 12:35am to Narita, also wondering about if I can likely find a lounge then as well - again would be willing trade a few dollars for the shower to avoid a hassle and spend the time touring the airport and then hanging out at the best lounge before the flight (which one?). How much time should I give myself between exiting the lounge and going to the gate with my carry on?
STATS in SIN has showers. You may need an invitation card from the transit desk, but you should be able to just show your NH ticket with your UA gold card.
NRT has three shower options for *G - one UA club and two NH lounges. The NH showers are the nicer option. UA club will obviously be closer to the UA gates if you are short on time.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 1:51 pm

Programs: UA GS, Lifetime 4 MM, BA Gold, , Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Marriott Ambassador Elite
You can also stay at the Transit Lounge -- showers, wifi, quiet time.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 2:33 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
I'm flying SIN-LAX in Polaris Business next month. Have heard I should have access to the SilverKris (SKL) Lounge and to definitely use that over the SATS lounge. That's the general consensus? Any others worth checking out?

Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 2:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by tstauck
I'm flying SIN-LAX in Polaris Business next month. Have heard I should have access to the SilverKris (SKL) Lounge and to definitely use that over the SATS lounge. That's the general consensus? Any others worth checking out?

Thanks in advance.
yes absolutely. No need to shop around - go SKL.
tstauck likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 4:07 pm
mr8

Programs: UA1K | *A Gold
Originally Posted by tstauck

Thanks in advance.
Just did SIN-LAX in Polaris earlier this year.
Agree with @uastarflyer. SKL is much better than the others.
tstauck likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 4:10 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus Gold
SIN and NRT showers

Originally Posted by mr8

STATS in SIN has showers. You may need an invitation card from the transit desk, but you should be able to just show your NH ticket with your UA gold card.
NRT has three shower options for *G - one UA club and two NH lounges. The NH showers are the nicer option. UA club will obviously be closer to the UA gates if you are short on time.
thanks - I'll just see if there is any wait for the showers when I arrive at SIN (assuming the club is accessible upon arrival) or I may call the hotel (tbd) to see if I can get into my room early. Hopefully at least the transit hotel would be accessible on the way out.

On on the way back I'll play it by ear to see if I try getting a shower before I leave at SIN or after I arrive at NRT. At NRT as I have a 8 hour layover after my 845am arrival on ANA I may take a 10am 4 hour local tour of Narita so I'll see what I can fit in before or after that. I'm on UA78 in E+ on the way back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.