FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Consolidated SEA connection time/logistics (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1787160-consolidated-sea-connection-time-logistics.html)

Tracer_SEA Feb 28, 2009 8:03 pm

Consolidated SEA connection time/logistics

This thread on the AS board suggests that AS will take over N, perhaps leaving UA to move to A or S

Kinda sad to see the UA operation shrink so much these last few years and hard to imagine not taking that train ride out to N...

Also, what might become of the RCC?

Fredd Feb 28, 2009 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by Tracer_SEA (Post 11338510)

Particularly since the SEA RCC is in the process of being "refurbished." However, stranger things have happened.

UA_SEA Feb 28, 2009 9:27 pm

Well I've heard from a station manager that UAs ops have not really changed a lot over the last year (not sure I buy it, but there have been lots of 757s instead of A320/19s recently, which could justify it). I guess Alaska might move into the N gates and UA/CO/US would have a shared terminal space (A mini Star Alliance terminal area) either in D or in the A gates. A gates would be great...it's the brand new part anyway!

woodway Feb 28, 2009 10:11 pm

Maybe AS could take over the RCC and UA could take over the Boardroom in a swap. Would be fine with me...the Boardroom is much nicer and it has WINDOWS. Plus I would not miss having to wait for the train when getting in one those late flights...

tkc98110 Feb 28, 2009 10:32 pm

Indeed, if this transpired, I'd be happy to not be taking the train when I'm focused on catching the next ferry to Bainbridge....

The_seat_Baron Feb 28, 2009 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by tkc98110 (Post 11338991)
Indeed, if this transpired, I'd be happy to not be taking the train when I'm focused on catching the next ferry to Bainbridge....

Ain't that the truth,,,,

bentruler Feb 28, 2009 10:58 pm

Be nice to have the play area when travling with the kids and all, but would they they move ticketing, or?

seauaflyer Feb 28, 2009 11:12 pm

Originally Posted by Tracer_SEA (Post 11338510)
This thread on the AS board suggests that AS will take over N, perhaps leaving UA to move to A or S

Kinda sad to see the UA operation shrink so much these last few years and hard to imagine not taking that train ride out to N...

As I posted in the Alaska thread while the plan is to have UA vacate the N Satellite eventually it will likely be at least 2 years until that is a reality. In the interim look for the UA gates to be reshuffled so they are all adjecent (if that has not already been completed). No final decision has been made regarding where to relocate UA at SEA.

futureacnp Feb 28, 2009 11:30 pm

Originally Posted by UA_SEA (Post 11338766)
not sure I buy it, but there have been lots of 757s instead of A320/19s recently

What about the daily 763 service starting this month? :) Personally, I'd be happy if they move to another terminal.

sbm12 Feb 28, 2009 11:50 pm

Originally Posted by UA_SEA (Post 11338766)
A gates would be great...it's the brand new part anyway!

New, but quite a hike. On the plus side, the space vacated by DL is available for a lounge down that way. Getting CO to leave their cozy little space at the end of B would be quite an achievement. The PC there isn't really big enough to hold much more than the CO traffic it already gets, so that could make things interesting if they try to share it.

N227UA Mar 1, 2009 12:27 am

Originally Posted by woodway (Post 11338935)
Maybe AS could take over the RCC and UA could take over the Boardroom in a swap. Would be fine with me...the Boardroom is much nicer and it has WINDOWS. Plus I would not miss having to wait for the train when getting in one those late flights...

And the Boardroom got hot soups! Alaska Boardroom rocks!

jimmychang Mar 1, 2009 1:53 am

It's not gonna be a swap b/c AS/QX will still have C. It's , however, possible that AS will take over RCC and open the 2nd Boardroom. If UA does move to A, they can certainly use DL's old space.

Originally Posted by woodway (Post 11338935)

hamburgler Mar 1, 2009 3:03 am

Are any of the A gates 777-capable? Would hate to see this kinda thing be the downfall of 875/876.

SFOtoBOS Mar 1, 2009 3:33 am

Originally Posted by futureacnp (Post 11339123)
What about the daily 763 service starting this month? :) Personally, I'd be happy if they move to another terminal.

I quickly glanced at the UA timetable and didn't see any flight being operated with a 763 on it. Now I am curious which flight I am overlooking?

hamburgler Mar 1, 2009 5:05 am

Originally Posted by SFOtoBOS (Post 11339542)
I quickly glanced at the UA timetable and didn't see any flight being operated with a 763 on it. Now I am curious which flight I am overlooking?

the morning SEA-IAD and evening IAD-SEA are going 763 this summer, much like in certain previous summers.