Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

"Premier Access" (for non-elites - purchased, credit card preq,..) Q&A [consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 21, 2018, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Chase United MileagePlus Explorer Card
Priority boarding
The primary Cardmember and companions on the same reservation will be invited to board United-operated flights prior to general boarding.
Chase United MileagePlus Club Card & Chase United MileagePlus Presidential Plus Card
Premier Access® travel services
Receive preferential treatment to ease your way through the airport with priority check-in, security screening (where available), boarding and baggage handling privileges.
The use of the credit card is not needed to receive benefits, just having a credit card linked to your account is sufficient (bag fee waiver does require use of the card)

Premier Access Benefits Premium Travel Services United Airlines
Originally Posted by UNITED.com
Customers who are not included in one of the groups above may have the option to purchase Premier Access for a particular flight. A Premier Access purchase includes priority check-in, security lane access (where available) and boarding, but it does not include priority baggage handling.
Print Wikipost

"Premier Access" (for non-elites - purchased, credit card preq,..) Q&A [consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2015, 9:05 am
Original Poster

Premier access after flight route change

Yesterday, I logged onto United to find a schedule change to an upcoming flight. I called United for options as I was not happy at the new schedule which meant an trip of over 18 hours so I was offered a different route which I accepted. I had purchased premier access for the whole trip at point of booking and also some economy plus seats. I was told I would receive a refund for the economy plus seats purchased for the original flight (and I would have to rebook, which I have done) but I was told that the premier access would just transfer over.

On looking at my booking now when I log into United, the new flight route details are there along with the new purchased economy plus assigned seats BUT next to these new flight and seats details there is no mention of premier access whereas it is mentioned next to the flights home. I have called United to ask about this and they say they can see all flights have the premier access at their end but I am concerned that it doesn't say it on my screen and it still has an option to purchase this for the new flights.

Can anyone on the forum who has changed flights confirm that the premier access does in fact transfer across and I have nothing to worry about!

Thanks
Old Feb 8, 2015, 9:45 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
So long as UA can "see" it, that is all that matters. If for some reason, when you OLCI, your BP does not print with PA on it, ask at check-in and it can be manually added. Definitely far from anything worrisome.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 12:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Often1
So long as UA can "see" it, that is all that matters. If for some reason, when you OLCI, your BP does not print with PA on it, ask at check-in and it can be manually added. Definitely far from anything worrisome.
Thanks for replying....guess I will find out at OLCI !
Old Sep 24, 2015, 6:42 am

United, Premier Access, and the MileagePlus Club Card

Quick question: I booked my united airfare in August for a November trip. I applied and received my Chase MileagePlus United Club card in September (after the booking but before the travel). Will I have premier access for my trip in November when I print out my boarding pass?
Old Sep 24, 2015, 6:52 am

Programs: 1K
Originally Posted by arecknor
Quick question: I booked my united airfare in August for a November trip. I applied and received my Chase MileagePlus United Club card in September (after the booking but before the travel). Will I have premier access for my trip in November when I print out my boarding pass?
Edit: After looking at the T&C's on the MileagePlus Explorer Card web page, it says

"To receive priority boarding, the primary cardmember must include their MileagePlus® number in their reservation."

To me, this implies that you do NOT have to use the card to purchase the ticket. However, it does explicitly say that you will not receive a free checked bag if the reservation:

"To receive first standard checked bag free, the primary cardmember must include their MileagePlus® number in their reservation and use their MileagePlus Explorer Card to purchase their ticket(s)."

Last edited by hookthem; Sep 24, 2015 at 6:56 am Reason: Post incorrect
Old Sep 27, 2015, 7:52 am

Programs: UA gold, Hyatt Plat Marriott silver,Hilton Gold, PC Plat., SPG Gold.,Hertz Gold, Global Entry
My client pays for my airline ticket. When they include my FF# I receive priority boarding, and all the other benefits. I have the Mileage Plus card.
Old Dec 24, 2015, 9:48 am
Original Poster

Premier access cost

Does anyone know if the price to purchase premier access ever changes?

Just booked flights for a transatlantic trip in October 2016 and they are quoting a price per person for all legs. I am wondering if I should just buy that now in case the price increases or should I wait to see if the price comes down?

Any advice would be appreciated...............Merry Christmas!
Old Dec 24, 2015, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by scotsman2010
Does anyone know if the price to purchase premier access ever changes?

Just booked flights for a transatlantic trip in October 2016 and they are quoting a price per person for all legs. I am wondering if I should just buy that now in case the price increases or should I wait to see if the price comes down?

Any advice would be appreciated...............Merry Christmas!
https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/pro...ierAccess.aspx

Prices, starting at $15, are segment-based and subject to change. Premier Access is subject to availability. Premier Access purchases do not include priority baggage handling.​​​
https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/tra...lServices.aspx

Premier Access®
From $15 to $59 per flight segment
Doesn't look like it varies that much.
Old Dec 24, 2015, 10:02 am

Programs: United Premier 1K, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, AmEx Plat
Just so you know, Premier Access in LIM is only $9. Probably because it does not include security lanes. Just check-in/baggage drop and boarding.

I think the pricing depends on what services are offered, and not what the season is.
Old Dec 24, 2015, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by joseeantonior
Just so you know, Premier Access in LIM is only $9. Probably because it does not include security lanes. Just check-in/baggage drop and boarding.

I think the pricing depends on what services are offered, and not what the season is.
It wouldn't include security lanes in TLV either, but I don't believe it's only $9
Old Dec 24, 2015, 10:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by joseeantonior

I have flown twice this year from Edinburgh and both times it has been $9 for the leg to Newark, it was also only $9 for my trip next May which I paid for a few months ago. For my November trip it is quoting $15 so I guess they have put the price up.

For EDI-EWR-MCO and return it is quoting $153 per person.....quite pricey! I was hoping it may come down
Old Dec 24, 2015, 11:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

For EDI-EWR-MCO and return it is quoting $153 per person.....quite pricey! I was hoping it may come down
That sounds like an E+ buy-up, not Premier Access.
Old Dec 24, 2015, 11:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbm12
That sounds like an E+ buy-up, not Premier Access.
No, I have an E+ subscription and have my seats already selected.

United are quoting the following for premier access per leg: EDI-EWR $15, EWR-MCO $52, return MCO-EWR $34, EWR-EDI $52........total $153 and these are per person. Just think they have put the prices up
Old Dec 24, 2015, 11:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

United are quoting the following for premier access per leg: EDI-EWR $15, EWR-MCO $52, return MCO-EWR $34, EWR-EDI $52........total $153 and these are per person. Just think they have put the prices up
Yeah...then I wouldn't be buying. No way that's worth the price IMO.
Old Dec 24, 2015, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA

Wow - don't even think it's worth $52 for everyone for all legs, let alone $52 for just one leg...for just one person

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.