Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

"Premier Access" (for non-elites - purchased, credit card preq,..) Q&A [consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 21, 2018, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Chase United MileagePlus Explorer Card
Priority boarding
The primary Cardmember and companions on the same reservation will be invited to board United-operated flights prior to general boarding.
Chase United MileagePlus Club Card & Chase United MileagePlus Presidential Plus Card
Premier Access® travel services
Receive preferential treatment to ease your way through the airport with priority check-in, security screening (where available), boarding and baggage handling privileges.
The use of the credit card is not needed to receive benefits, just having a credit card linked to your account is sufficient (bag fee waiver does require use of the card)

Premier Access Benefits Premium Travel Services United Airlines
Originally Posted by UNITED.com
Customers who are not included in one of the groups above may have the option to purchase Premier Access for a particular flight. A Premier Access purchase includes priority check-in, security lane access (where available) and boarding, but it does not include priority baggage handling.
Print Wikipost

"Premier Access" (for non-elites - purchased, credit card preq,..) Q&A [consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2019, 11:53 pm

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH

What you posted aren’t the benefits. If you look at the benefits, you see this “From check-in to baggage claim, we provide premium travel services for eligible customers and offer the following where available:”

”where available” are two key words.
That language does not appear anywhere if I go to purchase Premier Access. I posted the fine print earlier, this is what the big print says:

Add Premier Access for all flights for $80

Premier Access℠ benefits include:
  • Priority boarding
  • Priority check-in line
  • Priority security line
Old Mar 16, 2019, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by BigFlyer
That language does not appear anywhere if I go to purchase Premier Access. I posted the fine print earlier, this is what the big print says:

Add Premier Access for all flights for $80

Premier Access℠ benefits include:
  • Priority boarding
  • Priority check-in line
  • Priority security line
Well, just don’t be surprised if you don’t get access to a priority lane at AMS. If you go to United’s web site, it’s pretty clear that you’re not going to get priority security at all airports. I don’t have access to all that you’re seeing and all that UA is providing to you. Common sense suggests the price differential is due to lack of priority security access, but maybe you can suggest what else might be causing the price difference when you’re definitely getting Premier check/in and Group 2 boarding.
Old May 22, 2022, 7:46 am

EWR to Cancun - Premier

I'm from from Newark EWR to Cancun with United. It's giving me the option to purchase Premier access. If I only purchase for myself as the head of my family, will my wife and 3 kids also be allowed to take advantage of it? It costs $80 just to book one or $400 for all 5.
Old May 22, 2022, 7:54 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by jessesanz
I'm from from Newark EWR to Cancun with United. It's giving me the option to purchase Premier access. If I only purchase for myself as the head of my family, will my wife and 3 kids also be allowed to take advantage of it? It costs $80 just to book one or $400 for all 5.
Unfortunately it is only for the individual -- here is the link and the quote to the FAQ:

Is my Premier Access purchase valid for multiple people on my itinerary?

When available, you can purchase Premier Access for multiple people on your itinerary or reservation. Premier Access must be purchased for each individual traveler in order for them to receive the benefits of Premier Access.

https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly...er-access.html
Old May 22, 2022, 8:51 am

Thanks that helps!
Old May 22, 2022, 9:34 am
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
Unfortunately it is only for the individual
Thank god.
UAPremierGuy likes this.
Old May 22, 2022, 12:14 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by jessesanz
are you purchasing a common ticket or separate tickets?
Is this a travel bundle? Would not think you can purchase bundles separately on a common PNR.

What benefits are you desiring?

Generally a "premier Access" ticket can guest others (notwithstanding the prior reference) thru security, check-in and likely boarding. It would take a deep dive at the ticket to understand how the Premier Access can about and that is not done.
ARR72 likes this.
Old May 23, 2022, 2:40 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
I read somewhere that if you establish a PNR with a premier member traveling, add several passengers to the same record. And for some reason if the premier member cannot travel the associated travelers to the original PNR are no longer eligible for premier access, economy plus seating etc.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 7:20 pm

Was this recently changed for Chase cards where you need to purchase the flight with the United Chase card to receive Premier Access? I've been in boarding group 3 the past couple flights. I asked the gate attendant and was told you've always needed to purchase the flight with the card to receive this benefit. Obviously not the case, but wondering if anyone is seeing this too.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by Connor Mason
Was this recently changed for Chase cards where you need to purchase the flight with the United Chase card to receive Premier Access? I've been in boarding group 3 the past couple flights. I asked the gate attendant and was told you've always needed to purchase the flight with the card to receive this benefit. Obviously not the case, but wondering if anyone is seeing this too.
You have to buy using the chase card, to get first free checked bag. Ideally directly via united.com
Mileage Plus Branded Credit Card and Checked Baggage Fees

priority boarding / premier access, just need your FF# on the reservation, don't need to buy using card
Old Jun 7, 2022, 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by paperwastage
priority boarding / premier access, just need your FF# on the reservation, don't need to buy using card
that's what I thought. I didn't do anything differently than before, but I did not receive Priority Boarding/Premier Access on my past couple flights. Flights are short domestic United/United Express booked/paid for through Concur (not using my Explorer card) with my MileagePlus # attached. I've been getting boarding group 2 up until now. Hopefully they're not changing the language on this.

I saw some mentions of other people running into this on Reddit but nothing here yet.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 7:55 am

Premier Access at Newark (EWR)

First time, long time.

Haven’t flown since last Summer (2021). Is purchasing Premier Access for an upcoming outbound from EWR route even worth it as a time saver? Premier Access up on 3 used to be great at EWR but last time I was there it was a total show with abnormally long lines.

Flying out week after July 4 on a Friday evening, 7 PM.

Better off just doing Economy check in on level 2? Any recent intel is appreciated!

Thanks Team,

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jun 28, 2022 at 11:19 am
Old Jun 28, 2022, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by EconomyPlusGuy
First time, long time.

Haven’t flown since last Summer (2021). Is purchasing Premier Access for an upcoming outbound from EWR route even worth it as a time saver? Premier Access up on 3 used to be great at EWR but last time I was there it was a total chit show with abnormally long lines.

Flying out week after July 4 on a Friday evening, 7 PM.

Better off just doing Economy check in on level 2? Any recent intel is appreciated!

Thanks Team,
YMMV. I just flew out of Terminal C on a 6:30a flight with Premier Access and both the PA and TSA Pre-check lines we’re a total mess. Almost missed our flight. Assuming staffing issues were a part of it, but the preposterous bin arrangement at the checkpoints is one of the great examples of useless over-engineering - those things make the lines go 30% slower than normal and cost 100% more. Some inventor sold EWR a bill of .... goods…

Anyone with more experience at EWR have an opinion on which line actually moves faster in general - TSA or PA?
Old Jun 28, 2022, 8:16 am

Thanks. I am really getting at the Check in line for Premier Access up on 3 not the Security Lines, which to my recollection at EWR are rarely a separate security line (at least not for Premier Access).
Old Jun 28, 2022, 8:45 am

I only fly out of Terminal C at EWR so can’t speak to other situations - but there, if you have premier access, get your boarding pass digitally on your phone, then use the new Bag Drop at Door 3 (they scan your boarding pass, then take your bags, virtually no lines) — which is set-up at the far end of the Terminal. Basically “check-in” becomes how long it takes you to walk from the entrance door to the Door 3 Bag Drop and then walk across the terminal to security.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.