FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   New FLL United Club UC (Feb 2019) (reopenning July 2021?) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1783820-new-fll-united-club-uc-feb-2019-reopenning-july-2021-a.html)

PsiFighter37 Feb 9, 2019 7:25 pm

I visited the new FLL club today for about 20 minutes before boarding my flight. When coming down the escalators to the C gates, go LEFT (not to the right, which is what the old sign saying 'Airline Club' still says). The new UC is a vast improvement over the old one, although it doesn't have any natural light (I think the old club had some windows facing the gates - been a really long time). The one tricky thing is that the food is in a separate room that you turn to the right, before the bar shown in the above post. I missed that initially, and given I was dead tired, I didn't bother retracing. The main area has an assortment of the new-style chairs you would find in the revamped Terminal A club at EWR or the B clubs in ORD - on balance a better experience and definitely more access to power outlets. I didn't check out the bathrooms, but I have to assume it's got to be better than the dreadful situation in the old club (which was a single bathroom for everyone, IIRC).

Overall, definitely a step up from the old club and the temporary club, and worth the tradeoff of not having any window views. YMMV.

seanp7 Mar 25, 2019 1:35 pm

In the FLL Club now. They've fixed the 'Airline Club' direction arrow at the bottom of the C escalators.

Club is quiet today and lots of staff (too many?) cleaning and assisting.

The food area is off to the right as you walk in, turn just before the bar. I missed that initially too (as noted above).

Coke machine is currently broken.

Overall the club is nice; no views but it reminds me of a windowless EWR Terminal A UC...

mmike_319 Jan 6, 2020 2:16 pm

FLL United Club

Anybody have experience using the United Club in Ft. Lauderdale? Flying AC metal back to YYZ, lounge is in T1, flight departs from T2. Will I be able to access the lounge? And if allowed, is the extra time required worthwhile? Some newer UC's are worth a visit, although most are mediocre in my experience.

Plumber Jan 6, 2020 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by mmike_319 (Post 31916367)
Anybody have experience using the United Club in Ft. Lauderdale? Flying AC metal back to YYZ, lounge is in T1, flight departs from T2. Will I be able to access the lounge? And if allowed, is the extra time required worthwhile? Some newer UC's are worth a visit, although most are mediocre in my experience.

I just did this last Saturday.

No problem at all- just that you need to clear Security in T1 and then again in T2 for AC flight. I had TSA-PRE so it was quick.

About a 5-10 minute walk.

It is a newer UA so we thought it was worth the effort.

khkchan Jan 27, 2020 5:10 pm

I concur.

It's about 10 mins walk from AC counter to the lounge including security (if you have pre-check). Very quiet lounge and plenty of seating. Food is typical United Club offering at dinner time.

Well worth the walk.

elitefreak Jul 8, 2021 7:26 am

Open up!

With the heavy traffic on UA to FLL, there is no excuse why this club is not open right now except the United is trying to save money and cheat people that have membership. Step it up UA!

Kmxu Jul 8, 2021 8:13 am

Originally Posted by elitefreak (Post 33390489)
With the heavy traffic on UA to FLL, there is no excuse why this club is not open right now except the United is trying to save money and cheat people that have membership. Step it up UA!

pleas are heard by United. But Mr. Kirby’s spread sheet cannot listen to any plea😭😭

CLEguy Jul 8, 2021 8:43 am

It's opening this month.

mathgeek1978 Jul 8, 2021 10:33 am

It's scheduled to open this month, although there is no exact date yet. A bit of good news is that some clubs that are scheduled to open this month are already open -- for example LAS and CLE.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33377159-post1892.html

CruiserCLE Sep 17, 2021 5:19 pm

Any regular visitors to the FLL club know if they have the private phone booths like most newly renovated clubs have? Need to take an important meeting before a flight and hoping I'll be able to snag one for 30 minutes but can't find a picture or anywhere to confirm if they have the setup or not.

UA_Flyer Sep 17, 2021 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by CruiserCLE (Post 33576669)
Any regular visitors to the FLL club know if they have the private phone booths like most newly renovated clubs have? Need to take an important meeting before a flight and hoping I'll be able to snag one for 30 minutes but can't find a picture or anywhere to confirm if they have the setup or not.

There is no private phone booth at FLL UC.

CruiserCLE Sep 17, 2021 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by UA_Flyer (Post 33576871)
There is no private phone booth at FLL UC.

Darn, thanks for the reply UA_Flyer. Will have to come up with a plan B.

seanp7 Sep 18, 2021 5:14 am

Originally Posted by CruiserCLE (Post 33577088)
Darn, thanks for the reply UA_Flyer. Will have to come up with a plan B.

Go upstairs to the mezzanine / security level. There are some quiet spots there. If not, keep walking over to the T1 A gates as there's a quiet section on the way (and potentially some empty gate lounges over there).

CruiserCLE Sep 18, 2021 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by seanp7 (Post 33577494)
Go upstairs to the mezzanine / security level. There are some quiet spots there. If not, keep walking over to the T1 A gates as there's a quiet section on the way (and potentially some empty gate lounges over there).

Do you mean that main corridor right after security with the windows? I've only flown out of FLL once and thought I remember that section being rather loud with everyone coming out of security and the restaurant or two right there in front. Or is there another level above that I am not aware of?

seanp7 Sep 18, 2021 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by CruiserCLE (Post 33578274)
Do you mean that main corridor right after security with the windows? I've only flown out of FLL once and thought I remember that section being rather loud with everyone coming out of security and the restaurant or two right there in front. Or is there another level above that I am not aware of?

No, same level but just keep heading right after security and keep walking. A gates are quieter and there's some kind of rest/sky area for relaxation.