Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New FLL United Club UC (Feb 2019) (reopenning July 2021?)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 6, 2020, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2019, 2:10 am
iwc
Original Poster

Old Jan 18, 2019, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by iwc
I went by yesterday after landing at FLL. It does
not seem there will be any windows based on the anticipated location unless the lounge extends to the back of the escalators not just on the side.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 5:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just walked into FLL UC this morning and spoke to the nice agent at the desk, and she confirmed there are no windows in the new lounge.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 9:08 am
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Judging from the OP, this was a 29-month closure. I’ve seen high-rises built faster than that.
artvandalay and kirkwoodj like this.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 9:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by joe_miami
Judging from the OP, this was a 29-month closure. I’ve seen high-rises built faster than that.
This is Florida - 29 months is fast given all the pockets that need extra "lining".
artvandalay and Spanish like this.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 2:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bocastephen
This is Florida - 29 months is fast given all the pockets that need extra "lining".
29 months is indeed fast by Florida standard, but not as bad as Washington DC.
monitor likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 7:38 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I'm at FLL now (1/29) and the new club hasn't opened yet. I was told that the new opening date is Friday, 2/1.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 5:24 am

Programs: UA Plat | *G
At FLL today and the temporary club is closed today, the new club will open tomorrow 2/2.
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 10:00 pm

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Did the new club open on 2/2 as planned?

Is anyone headed to FLL today that can confirm the lounge is open? I don't want to go to the airport early and end up sitting in the terminal.

Last edited by bocastephen; Feb 3, 2019 at 8:00 am
Old Feb 3, 2019, 3:11 pm

FLL is NOT open today and did not open on-time.

The temporary club is closed, apparently due to an "order from the Fire Marshall" and the new club is not going to open potentially until Tuesday, possibly later in the week, as they are now waiting for a final building inspection that should have happened last week, but from what I was able to gather from a brief interaction with staff, I assume Broward County as usual just blew it off.

So, the temporary club is permanently closed, and the new club will not open until the Broward inspector shows up and does the inspection - which in "Florida time" could be days, or weeks from now, or when someone puts cash in his or his manager's pocket.

If you are coming to the airport early with an expectation to use the lounge - don't bother. Security lines are not bad, especially with pre-check, so just get in the terminal about 60-80 minutes before your planned departure time,
Old Feb 4, 2019, 7:25 am
iwc
Original Poster

kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 11:42 am

Programs: UA 1K, B6 Mosaic
At the new club. I guess it just opened. Pretty nice. However WiFi not good. Near the entrance you can connect to the FLL Airport Free WiFi, but in the back you cannot connect. Also, my AT&T phone has low signal in back, as well as my Verizon MiFi.

Bar is very large and nice!!! :-)

Update: Just spoke with the manager, and they will be installing their own WiFi network by "one of the week", and also swapping out the current clear glass doors for the blue-stained doors.
Xyzzy and EWR764 like this.

Last edited by FLLUAFlyer; Feb 4, 2019 at 1:07 pm Reason: Updates.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 2:01 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K; Alaska MVP 75K; Hilton Honors Diamond; Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by FLLUAFlyer
At the new club. I guess it just opened. Pretty nice. However WiFi not good. Near the entrance you can connect to the FLL Airport Free WiFi, but in the back you cannot connect. Also, my AT&T phone has low signal in back, as well as my Verizon MiFi.

Bar is very large and nice!!! :-)

Update: Just spoke with the manager, and they will be installing their own WiFi network by "one of the week", and also swapping out the current clear glass doors for the blue-stained doors.
Did they upgrade the food offerings at all?
Old Feb 4, 2019, 2:54 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Pics please!
CHOPCHOP767 likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 10:31 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
From Gavin Molloy, VP Corporate Real Estate (@gavinmolloy on Twitter)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.