Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Corporate booking option on United.com & UA App

Corporate booking option on United.com & UA App

Old Jun 3, 20, 8:48 pm

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
OK, this got more weird. I called web support and they verified I do not have any type of concur, she said there is a special section for that and mine is all blank.

HOWEVER, if I go to the website and click on "Advanced search" this tidbit pops up....

I don't work for Marriott, i am an Ambassador though, maybe some cross promotion we haven't heard about yet maybe - although the web support person, nor the GS person knew anything nor could either find any reason for me to have the corporate option.

I mainly don't want to accidentally use it and have all my points erased and account closed for some sort of fraud....
Old Jun 3, 20, 9:20 pm
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Hipplewm View Post
OK, this got more weird. ......
yep, the "corporate" option in the app (Andriod) shows up for a number of us (including myself). I don't see the Marriott markings (nor any other corporate identification) in the app

However, I see the "business travel" flag on united.com and in the united.com Advance Search, I am flagged as Hertz. (I have no relationship with Hertz and have only used them 1-2 in the past 10+ years -- I use Budget for most domestic rentals)

The Advance Search section online has changed dramaticly, so this may be related to a buggy (can you believe that ) update?

Yep, very weird!!

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jun 3, 20 at 9:26 pm
Old Jun 3, 20, 9:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K, CO Plat, NW Plat, Marriott Premiere Plat, SPG Plat, Priority Gold, Hilton Gold
I'm seeing the same thing with Hertz. It didn't get me cheaper airfare on my upcoming travel so unchecked it.

Edit: And now I'm getting Marriott_MH1 as the company.

Edit Edit: Looks like they broke ETC redemption too.

Last edited by raehl311; Jun 3, 20 at 9:51 pm
Old Jun 3, 20, 9:40 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA View Post
yep, the "corporate" option in the app (Andriod) shows up for a number of us (including myself). I don't see the Marriott markings (nor any other corporate identification) in the app

However, I see the "business travel" flag on united.com and in the united.com Advance Search, I am flagged as Hertz. (I have no relationship with Hertz and have only used them 1-2 in the past 10+ years -- I use Budget for most domestic rentals)

The Advance Search section online has changed dramaticly, so this may be related to a buggy (can you believe that ) update?

Yep, very weird!!
Same as your “corporate“ on the mobile app (tho iPhone For me) and no “company” listed and I’m “Marriott” to your Hertz on the full website
Old Jun 4, 20, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by goalie View Post
Same as your “corporate“ on the mobile app (tho iPhone For me) and no “company” listed and I’m “Marriott” to your Hertz on the full website
Originally Posted by raehl311 View Post
I'm seeing the same thing with Hertz. It didn't get me cheaper airfare on my upcoming travel so unchecked it.

Yep, very weird!!

OK, well, I feel a TON better. I asked my boss and the owner of the company and neither of them know anything about concur except it is "Some travel site" and the fact that some have Marriott and some have Hertz to me, means this is an IT issue. I'll try and uncheck the box, but not terribly worried if I forget that my MP account ill be closed and forfeit all points for fraudulent activity...
Old Jun 4, 20, 10:30 am
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
While the app still shows the Corporate Travel option, the online display is back to normal

However, I see the "business travel" flag on united.com and in the united.com Advance Search, I am flagged as Hertz. (I have no relationship with Hertz and have only used them 1-2 in the past 10+ years -- I use Budget for most domestic rentals) ...
Now gone

... The Advance Search section online has changed dramaticly, ...
The new format for Advance Search is still there
Old Jun 4, 20, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
this is now showing for me as well, but when clicking the box it does NOT show any of my corporate fares ... not good.
Old Jun 4, 20, 10:39 am

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Avis Pres, Marriott Plat
Given that Marriott and Hertz are direct MileagePlus partners... I'm just thinking out loud here - but I'm wondering if the backend systems for some of their cross-promotional rates and such use the corporate discount mechanism? Maybe that's how United IT and Marriott IT enables cross-booking for things like Marriott's hotel+flight packages?

Someone clearly broke something here - the "promo" corpcodes probably shouldn't be exposed via the website, but we all know airline systems are a hack on a kludge on a hamster wheel.
Old Jun 4, 20, 11:22 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by raehl311 View Post

Bolding mine: Looks like they might have also broken booking as well

Error booking on United.com when processing payment (any form)
Old Jun 4, 20, 1:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K, CO Plat, NW Plat, Marriott Premiere Plat, SPG Plat, Priority Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by goalie View Post
Bolding mine: Looks like they might have also broken booking as well

Error booking on United.com when processing payment (any form)
Yeap, I managed to back out to the old advance search, cut and paste the ETC code in, but when I tried to actually book it errored out. Had to call in. On the upside that let me burn two ETCs (two passengers) which I couldn't have done online.
Old Jun 4, 20, 7:47 pm

Mine all went away sometime today in the last 3 hours....

good riddance
Old Jul 21, 20, 6:15 pm

I do wish there was a way to make "No" the default for the corporate/business booking checkbox. I research and book personal travel much more often, and it's annoying to have to remember to uncheck it to be able to select miles or multiple passengers, or to realize the prices I've been looking up the last half hour minutes aren't the right ones. I'm not even sure we can book flights directly anymore (I think we now haveot use Concur), but I have no reason to look that up because...not going anywhere anytime soon!

I don't see anything saying "United" in the "Concur Connect" profile page to revoke (just IHG and Concur Mobile), nor in the "System Settings" page. Has anyone unlinked lately (without removing MP number from Concur)? Would it be to unenroll from "My Travel Network" on the Travel Prefernces page?
Old Sep 3, 20, 7:05 am

Programs: UA GS | Marriott Titanium / LT Gold
Not sure this question belongs here but I recently noticed a new "Business Travel" check-box on the search form on United's front page of their website (screenshot attached).

When selected it greys out the "Book with Miles" option but otherwise I can't figure out what the point of it is. The fares in the one search I did were identical and the bundled options offered were the same.

Does anyone know what this option does?

Edit: Question answered as this was moved to the relevant thread.

I just moved companies and started noticing this. My previous company also used Concur but must have explicitly disabled the integration as they didn't allow us to book outside of Concur.

Last edited by n8-the-gr8; Sep 3, 20 at 10:07 am Reason: Moved to exisiting thread
Old Sep 3, 20, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
It issues the ticket using the corporate fares which are linked to your MP profile, probably as a result of you giving your MP number to your employer or your employer's TA.

If you see the same price, you don't have a discount fare for that route, but it will still "count" as a corporate ticket for the contract.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jun 16, 21, 7:02 pm

United residual FFC with Corporate Rate

I originally booked a reservation using my corporate rate. I had to cancel that reservation and got a FFC to use for future travel. When I used that FFC to book a new ticket, the standard web re-booking flow automatically reflected corporate rates for the new ticket[1]. I booked the ticket and it was less than my original fare so I received a *new* residual FFC, which you actually use during checkout as a payment method.

When I search for a new flight with my corporate rate and reach the checkout page, I cannot use a FFC. I see "Based on your current travel options, travel certificates and United®TravelBank cash are not available. Learn more about travel certificates or TravelBank cash"

Note that the original booking was using a corporate rate, and first regular FFC was also able to book on the corporate rate, but it seems impossible to book with the corporate rate with a residual FFC. Same issue happens in the United app. Does anyone know if this is possible or have any ideas to try?

[1] Also worth noting there is some weirdness here. If I book using the standard rebooking flow I see all corporate rates, but if I click "advanced search" none of the rates are corporate and there is no checkbox for business travel.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: