iOS10 public beta and UA app-incompatible

Old Jul 9, 16, 9:37 pm
Original Poster

Location: What I write is my opinion alone..don't read into it anything not written.
iOS10 public beta and UA app-issues for some-fixed for me

Iphone is in public betas of OS10.0.0 UA app will launch, then kick you to "desktop". App is still running in background but if you try to bring it to the front it will crash you to "desktop" again.

Yes, it's a beta.

If you rely on your UA app on an iphone, be cautious if you install (public) beta iOS10 until this is resolved

A couple of other non UA app related OS bugs I've submitted, but this is the UA forum, not iOS

edited-it appears some people are not having issues, YMMV

Last edited by fastair; Jul 27, 16 at 11:34 am Reason: others are habing success
Old Jul 9, 16, 10:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
I'd expect widespread app failures and not just UA. Move to a beta anything with caution.
Old Jul 9, 16, 11:37 pm

Programs: UA 1k
the app works fine for me on ios10. But many other apps dont.

Its not recommended to us bet software on your main device, but rather a secondary device you dont rely on.
Old Jul 10, 16, 3:59 am

iOS 10 Beta #2 and the UA app work for me; no issues.
Old Jul 10, 16, 8:10 am
Original Poster

Location: What I write is my opinion alone..don't read into it anything not written.
Good to hear that it isn't across the board.
Old Jul 10, 16, 10:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.021MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CWC Au-197; CCC Elite; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by fastair View Post
Good to hear that it isn't across the board.
From a software development standpoint, it would be better if it were.
Old Jul 10, 16, 11:49 am

Programs: UA GS 2MM, AA P 2MM, DL PM, US P, VS G, SPG LT P, HH D, HYATT P, PC P, AVIS PC, HERTZ PLAT
Originally Posted by mahasamatman View Post
From a software development standpoint, it would be better if it were.
Sounds like its going to be a fun bug hunt. I'm sure UA has great test coverage for the app and their test suite will reveal the problem right away as soon as they upgrade their iOS simulator.
Old Jul 10, 16, 12:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bdraco View Post
Sounds like its going to be a fun bug hunt. I'm sure UA has great test coverage for the app and their test suite will reveal the problem right away as soon as they upgrade their iOS simulator.
Aye, I'm submitting the errors to apple, I don't know if they provide the feedback to the app developers.

For other beta testers, the home/power switch doesn't screenshot (just puts phone to sleep.) Do you have this issue, or is there another method to use?
Old Jul 10, 16, 1:44 pm

Programs: UA1K .6MM
Originally Posted by fastair View Post
Iphone is in public betas of OS10.0.0 UA app will launch, then kick you to "desktop". App is still running in background but if you try to bring it to the front it will crash you to "desktop" again.

Yes, it's a beta.

If you rely on your UA app on an iphone, be cautious if you install (public) beta iOS10 until this is resolved

A couple of other non UA app related OS bugs I've submitted, but this is the UA forum, not iOS

edited-it appears some people are not having issues, YMMV
I am having the same issue on a Sprint iPhone 6s 64GB.

Edit: My intl. unlocked iPhone 6s 128GB works fine.

Last edited by tuolumne; Jul 10, 16 at 3:30 pm
Old Jul 10, 16, 2:55 pm

No problems here - have been able to book and manipulate tickets as usual using the app since my recent upgrade.
Old Jul 20, 16, 12:21 pm

Programs: UA Gold, low tier elite at several hotel programs named w/ made-up words
Has anyone had streaming video work correctly in the United app when using ios10? I get the message Browser or Device Unsupported because it is 64-bit when I click play and the app reopens.

Last edited by Say Vandelay; Jul 20, 16 at 12:21 pm Reason: typo
Old Jul 27, 16, 11:00 am
Original Poster

Today's update UA 2.1.9 fixed my issues.

Search this Thread