FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   iOS10 public beta and UA app-incompatible (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1777214-ios10-public-beta-ua-app-incompatible.html)

fastair Jul 9, 2016 8:37 pm

iOS10 public beta and UA app-issues for some-fixed for me

Iphone is in public betas of OS10.0.0 UA app will launch, then kick you to "desktop". App is still running in background but if you try to bring it to the front it will crash you to "desktop" again.

Yes, it's a beta.

If you rely on your UA app on an iphone, be cautious if you install (public) beta iOS10 until this is resolved

A couple of other non UA app related OS bugs I've submitted, but this is the UA forum, not iOS

edited-it appears some people are not having issues, YMMV

milepig Jul 9, 2016 9:23 pm

I'd expect widespread app failures and not just UA. Move to a beta anything with caution.

Maximilion Jul 9, 2016 10:37 pm

the app works fine for me on ios10. But many other apps dont.

Its not recommended to us bet software on your main device, but rather a secondary device you dont rely on.

DrewGzy Jul 10, 2016 2:59 am

iOS 10 Beta #2 and the UA app work for me; no issues.

fastair Jul 10, 2016 7:10 am

Good to hear that it isn't across the board.

mahasamatman Jul 10, 2016 9:42 am

Originally Posted by fastair (Post 26895573)
Good to hear that it isn't across the board.

From a software development standpoint, it would be better if it were.

bdraco Jul 10, 2016 10:49 am

Originally Posted by mahasamatman (Post 26896020)
From a software development standpoint, it would be better if it were.

Sounds like its going to be a fun bug hunt. I'm sure UA has great test coverage for the app and their test suite will reveal the problem right away as soon as they upgrade their iOS simulator.

fastair Jul 10, 2016 11:05 am

Originally Posted by bdraco (Post 26896265)
Sounds like its going to be a fun bug hunt. I'm sure UA has great test coverage for the app and their test suite will reveal the problem right away as soon as they upgrade their iOS simulator.

Aye, I'm submitting the errors to apple, I don't know if they provide the feedback to the app developers.

For other beta testers, the home/power switch doesn't screenshot (just puts phone to sleep.) Do you have this issue, or is there another method to use?

tuolumne Jul 10, 2016 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by fastair (Post 26894456)
Iphone is in public betas of OS10.0.0 UA app will launch, then kick you to "desktop". App is still running in background but if you try to bring it to the front it will crash you to "desktop" again.

Yes, it's a beta.

If you rely on your UA app on an iphone, be cautious if you install (public) beta iOS10 until this is resolved

A couple of other non UA app related OS bugs I've submitted, but this is the UA forum, not iOS

edited-it appears some people are not having issues, YMMV

I am having the same issue on a Sprint iPhone 6s 64GB.

Edit: My intl. unlocked iPhone 6s 128GB works fine.

benfro6 Jul 10, 2016 1:55 pm

No problems here - have been able to book and manipulate tickets as usual using the app since my recent upgrade.

Say Vandelay Jul 20, 2016 11:21 am

Has anyone had streaming video work correctly in the United app when using ios10? I get the message Browser or Device Unsupported because it is 64-bit when I click play and the app reopens.

fastair Jul 27, 2016 10:00 am

Today's update UA 2.1.9 fixed my issues.