Wiki Posts
Search

737-900 and Wedged in a Lav?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2016, 2:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 3.6 MM, Marriott Lifetime Plat
737-900 and Wedged in a Lav?

I'm flying a 737-900, I'm 5" 11' and 174 pounds and was staring with horror at the size of the lavs on the new 37's. (I generally avoid UA on domestic flights due to the dark airplanes and sardine tin configs.)

Asked the FA's if they have every had to free any passengers of size from the tight confines of the lav. They said that they have had to open the door and help back in passengers of size into the lav. Surprised no reports of stuck passengers have emerged, but it isn't something that a stuck PAX would happily post.

So the lavs are getting smaller, PAX are getting larger. Any stories?
Old Jul 9, 2016, 3:44 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Any passenger who might potentially stucked in the lavatory would not use it in the first place.

With that said, is there a handicap-accessible lavatory available on the slimlined 737-900? I'm guessing one of the rear ones?
Old Jul 9, 2016, 4:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by PTahCha
is there a handicap-accessible lavatory available on the slimlined 737-900? I'm guessing one of the rear ones?
Single aisle aircraft are not required to have such and generally do not. The Airbus SpaceFlex v2 layout has tiny lavs at the rear but the two can be combined to make one accessible one, a major step forward for single-aisle planes. Except the part where generally the pair is horribly tight.
Old Jul 9, 2016, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by sbm12
The Airbus SpaceFlex v2 layout has tiny lavs at the rear but the two can be combined to make one accessible one, a major step forward for single-aisle planes. Except the part where generally the pair is horribly tight.
No joke, it actually uses the profile of the rear pressure bulkhead to squeeze in another couple inches of depth.

Old Jul 9, 2016, 5:00 pm

Programs: UA - Silver, Hertz-5 star
Tiny Lav's on 37's

Yea-

Just be glad your not 6'4" and 288lbs on a UA 737. I've found the Lav's in rear to be slightly larger than the First Class Lav so I will go for a walk when the service cart is not in the aisle. (sometimes you get the stink eye from Coach pax like hey use your own Lav Mr. First Class) I've been able to successfully use the First Class Lav thus far but it is motivation not to get any bigger. Luckily I've stopped growing height wise.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.