Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on 777-200 HD (28J,102E+,234E-)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 6, 2016, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
United has a higher-density 777 primarily for domestic flights, with 3-4-3 across economy seating and a smaller business ("United First") class with lie-flat seating. There are three versions, which UA is labeling Version 2, Version 3, and Version 4. The differences from prior 777 planes are the economy lavatory areas and the surrounding seats (Rows 37, 39, 40, 41 and 52). This plane features 28-32 lie-flat United First seats, 102-124 Economy-plus seats, and 206-234 Economy seats. All United First seats have in-flight entertainment screens and at-seat power. The United First seats are the same lie-flat "coffins" that were used on international 777 flights prior to the introduction of the Polaris seats. All Economy seats have power outlets (2 outlets for 3-seat groups and 3 outlets for 4-seat groups), but do not have seat-back entertainment screens (just a device holder).

United 777 Version 2

United 777 Version 3

United 777 Version 4

Most Hawaii 777-200 flights will be either of these versions. Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on a UA 772 Hawaii Configuration

For the most privacy, the only aisle seats in business that do not face the person opposite you are 4B and 4K

https://www.aerolopa.com/ua-boeing-777-gallery

Print Wikipost

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on 777-200 HD (28J,102E+,234E-)

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2017, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Upload your photos for imgur.com
Old May 20, 2017, 5:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Sounds like an experience on an HD 772 (if I had to guess)...
Old May 20, 2017, 5:57 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Some diners pay extra to sit in the kitchen at the chef's table.
SUPERTRAVEL likes this.
Old May 20, 2017, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
Sounds like an experience on an HD 772 (if I had to guess)...
Pretty much all the UA 777 configs have some seats in the galley (including the new 77W), but for row 4 specifically I'd say you're right.
Old May 20, 2017, 9:22 pm

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Originally Posted by edmueller
Last week, I had the worse first class experience ever over 4 decades of flying United. Why? United is so desperate to re-configure their planes to optimize the number of seats without regard to the customer experience. I had a seat (4K) on a domestic 777 craft flight from SFO-BOS that was literally in the kitchen gallery. I took photos that I want to share to make sure that others do not experience what I did: the smell of collected garbage, the listening to attendants non-stop talking without regard to the noise they were making, and basically the experience of sitting in the kitchen. I will upload my 2 photos to any website that accepts uploads to prove my case.

!!
Not too much hype here. No seat is literally in the galley. Absolutely none. First post...welcome to FlyerTalk.
Old May 30, 2017, 9:13 am

Programs: Mileage Plus
So on the Version 5 map that is on this site, it lists seats 41C and 41J as E+ seats, but on the seat selector via the United website it shows as E-...

Is there anything special about these seats or are they essentially E+ seats (probably due to the lack of seat in front of them)?
Old May 31, 2017, 9:28 am

Wink

Does anyone have advice for us plebs with neither first class nor economy plus seats?

In particular, are the 2 4 2 seats in the rear actually any better than the 3 4 3 seats in the rest of the plane?

I'm traveling with my wife and our 5 year old child. Would the 3 seat config be better than sitting over two rows in the 2 seat configs in the back?

Thank you!
Old Jun 2, 2017, 8:57 am

Programs: United
Originally Posted by ftmcdaniel
I had booked 1AB from IAH-HNL and HNL-IAH. United called to let me know that they has switched my seats due to a "safety" issue. I'm guessing it's for crew or a VIP.
Originally Posted by mozilla

This is the 772v5 right? Because the seat selector indicates it's a 752 for some reason. This is for a p.s. flight btw.just some Saturday-morning shenanigans

What's the deal with 1A/B? The seat selector doesn't show them as available (and this is for a flight quite far out), and ExpertFlyer doesn't even show those seats (also not as "blocked"). Do these seats exist? If not, that would make 2A/B pretty attractive, as another early booker on this flight seems to have figured out already.

I had booked 1AB from IAH-HNL and HNL-IAH. United called to let me know that they has switched my seats due to a "safety" issue. I'm guessing it's for crew or a VIP.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 9:20 am

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by crimson117
Does anyone have advice for us plebs with neither first class nor economy plus seats?

In particular, are the 2 4 2 seats in the rear actually any better than the 3 4 3 seats in the rest of the plane?

I'm traveling with my wife and our 5 year old child. Would the 3 seat config be better than sitting over two rows in the 2 seat configs in the back?

Thank you!
Depends on what you are going for....

In the back - cons
galley makes noises
Lavatories - lots of traffic
The reason the go to 2-4-2 is the plane narrows and the sides curve up on you, a lot of taller men hit their shoulder on the side of the plane when sitting upright in those window seats

pros:
close to galley for baby food stuffs if needed (hot water etc)
close to lavatory - diapers
2 across to me is easier - spouse across the aisle (or behind) on an aisle, both can easier help with kid
Old Jun 13, 2017, 10:09 am

Curious if anyone has seen Row 39 on V5? Door in the way? Row 17 is taken on a flight I'm eyeing and upgrades look unlikely. This appears best for two of us traveling together, but I can't find any photos.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 6:16 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by MattRSFO
Curious if anyone has seen Row 39 on V5? Door in the way? Row 17 is taken on a flight I'm eyeing and upgrades look unlikely. This appears best for two of us traveling together, but I can't find any photos.
Have not been on UA 77W so can't say for sure, but nothing has changed on 777s (and I would guess that includes 77W). Slide still protrudes somewhat from the door. Seats are narrower because of fixed arm rests. Monitor comes up and is not in seatback in front of you - and can be annoying when FAs start preparing flight for arrival extra early and you want to see the end of the movie

Oh, and they park carts in front of you and pax congregate to use the lav. But there is extra legroom, so it's my go to seat on 777, but many people don't like it.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 12:43 am

Programs: EK Blue, EY Guest, AA, QR
https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...0/default.aspx

Version 4 is a bit perplexing.

It has a 2-4-2 in Row 40, did they remove the C and H seats in that row or was it designed that way, which is unlikely as none of the seatmap sites have that map

And would 40 B/J be a a good seat ?
Old Jul 1, 2017, 7:01 pm

United 777-200 SFO-BOS First Class 2-4-2 Question

Folks I'm going to be taking a United First Class flight SFO-BOS in the coming months and I purposely booked (using points) the 777-200 with lie flat seats. Row 2 is taken on the windows and I am traveling with a family of 5.

I checked SeatGuru and the config has rear facing seats in 3 but not 4. I can't find a good walk through of what the cabin looks like. I'd like to keep us all together but my choices are 4 of us in 3 and 4 at the window or the middle seats or row 1.

What are your thoughts and experiences. If anyone can point me to a really good walk through of this cabin config, please link it.

Thanks again folks!
Attached Images  
Old Jul 1, 2017, 8:09 pm

You didn't mention the ages of he kids; however, row 1 middle is fine for a family and the 5th person can take any seat. When we travel with the kids we often take the middle seats which leaves the side seats for other couples traveling.
Four across blows unless it's traveling with friends or family, then it's perfectly fine.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 9:30 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
This will probably be moved shortly to the UA seating thread in the UA forum where it belongs.
But until then, here is at least one photo of what you will be flying on. http://blog.sfgate.com/cmcginnis/fil...1/IMG_4668.jpg

Update: And more on that aircraft http://travelskills.com/2012/01/19/t...ed-boeing-777/ Ignore the part about F class.

Last edited by Yoshi212; Jul 1, 2017 at 9:33 pm Reason: Add info.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.