Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on 777-200 HD (28J,102E+,234E-)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 6, 2016, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
United has a higher-density 777 primarily for domestic flights, with 3-4-3 across economy seating and a smaller business ("United First") class with lie-flat seating. There are three versions, which UA is labeling Version 2, Version 3, and Version 4. The differences from prior 777 planes are the economy lavatory areas and the surrounding seats (Rows 37, 39, 40, 41 and 52). This plane features 28-32 lie-flat United First seats, 102-124 Economy-plus seats, and 206-234 Economy seats. All United First seats have in-flight entertainment screens and at-seat power. The United First seats are the same lie-flat "coffins" that were used on international 777 flights prior to the introduction of the Polaris seats. All Economy seats have power outlets (2 outlets for 3-seat groups and 3 outlets for 4-seat groups), but do not have seat-back entertainment screens (just a device holder).

United 777 Version 2

United 777 Version 3

United 777 Version 4

Most Hawaii 777-200 flights will be either of these versions. Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on a UA 772 Hawaii Configuration

For the most privacy, the only aisle seats in business that do not face the person opposite you are 4B and 4K

https://www.aerolopa.com/ua-boeing-777-gallery

Print Wikipost

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on 777-200 HD (28J,102E+,234E-)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2022, 12:44 am

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by bluedemon211
Be careful with the seats in row 1. Normally row 1 on a lie flat gets you the larger footwell making sleeping much easier for most people. On the 777HD, the backward facing seats in the aisle/window pairs have a very narrow footwell. Only the 4 forward facing seats in the middle section have extra foot space in row 1.
Wow Ok good to know thank you. These planes are just used domestically? Is the plan to make them Polaris or they will be keeping them like this?
Old Sep 6, 2022, 12:57 am

Programs: UAMP
I noticed the seat map for an upcoming flight doesn't quite match anything I see in the Wikipost, on UA.com, or SeatGuru. Specifically the the doubles A/B & K/L in 37, 39 & 40.

Not a huge deal, but it does have me curious as to why this map is slightly different.
Attached Images  
Old Sep 6, 2022, 12:58 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
Just wondering will there be any bedding on LAX-IAH on this plane being it has lie flats or given the 3 hour flight no such luck? Have a late night the evening before and a busy day upon arrival so was thinking a 3 hour sleep would be great.
Do not expect mattress pads or duvets --a pillow and light blankets at best. The base seat in lie flat mode is not too bad.

Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
.... These planes are just used domestically? Is the plan to make them Polaris or they will be keeping them like this?
These were intent primarily for domestic routes especially Hawaii. Between COVID groundings and the 772PW groundings that got messed up, but as things return to the "new normal", yes these are primarily domestic. Not plans for Polaris seats, maybe PremPlus (we hope)
Being domestic flights the revenue do not justify the Polaris seats and loss of seat density.
happiest_at_40000 likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 1:03 am

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by sgtbalski
I noticed the seat map for an upcoming flight doesn't quite match anything I see in the Wikipost, on UA.com, or SeatGuru. Specifically the the doubles A/B & K/L in 37, 39 & 40.

Not a huge deal, but it does have me curious as to why this map is slightly different.
Artificial min configuration allowing any of the actual configurations to be used without seat shuffling. But misleading for those hoping to get a seat pair without a third passenger. It will resolve two days before departure
findark and sgtbalski like this.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 8:12 am

Does anyone know which way the Y mid-cabin lavatory door opens? ( ie, enter/exit from aisle or from the horizontal passageway)?

wondering if I should go for 37abc on 772 layout 5 on a long haul flight.
https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Un...777-200_V6.php
Old Sep 17, 2022, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by evergrn
Does anyone know which way the Y mid-cabin lavatory door opens? ( ie, enter/exit from aisle or from the horizontal passageway)?

wondering if I should go for 37abc on 772 layout 5 on a long haul flight.
https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Un...777-200_V6.php
Bifold doors - assume they'll open out onto the aisle and use that as the basis for your decision. They open onto the cross way. See picture below.

David

Last edited by DELee; Sep 17, 2022 at 10:25 pm Reason: found a pic
Old Sep 17, 2022, 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by DELee
Bifold doors - assume they'll open out onto the aisle and use that as the basis for your decision.

David
Thanks, but any reason why I should assume the door is along the aisle as opposed to along the cross way?

If I am to assume the lav entry is from the aisle, I would never go for that seat. But I was wondering if someone knew for sure.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 10:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by evergrn
Thanks, but any reason why I should assume the door is along the aisle as opposed to along the cross way?

If I am to assume the lav entry is from the aisle, I would never go for that seat. But I was wondering if someone knew for sure.

Whatever.

David
Old Sep 17, 2022, 10:55 pm

Originally Posted by DELee
Bifold doors - assume they'll open out onto the aisle and use that as the basis for your decision. They open onto the cross way. See picture below.

David
thanks, I appreciate it.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 7:22 pm

Hello! I am most likely flying united 777-200 from IAD to FCO and I will most likely be in economy (I don't have much in terms of status). Flying with 2 people - would 38A and B duo seats be better, or 52 A and B? 52 is the last row so I fear for minimized recline. 38 looks like it is in front of the emergency exit row, so I also wonder about recline there. My husband is tall and I am tempted to just pay for premium plus economy ... but it adds like 500 dollars per person for one way.... Any insights would be appreciated! Thank you!
Old Oct 8, 2022, 8:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jennh
Hello! I am most likely flying united 777-200 from IAD to FCO and I will most likely be in economy (I don't have much in terms of status). Flying with 2 people - would 38A and B duo seats be better, or 52 A and B? 52 is the last row so I fear for minimized recline. 38 looks like it is in front of the emergency exit row, so I also wonder about recline there. My husband is tall and I am tempted to just pay for premium plus economy ... but it adds like 500 dollars per person for one way.... Any insights would be appreciated! Thank you!
Unclear if you have any UA status. How much is the Economy Plus for two of the exit row seats to maximize leg room?

David
Old Oct 8, 2022, 10:37 pm

Programs: United Premier Gold
I’m flying LAX to HNL on a 777-200 with the old backwards and forwards seats. Only middle row seats are left, but they’re all empty…for now. Is sitting forward or backwards best?
Old Oct 9, 2022, 12:24 am

Originally Posted by cczzll
I’m flying LAX to HNL on a 777-200 with the old backwards and forwards seats. Only middle row seats are left, but they’re all empty…for now. Is sitting forward or backwards best?
Some like the reverse seats, some don't. The reserve seats in lie flat mode will raise your head a few degrees.
SPN Lifer and cczzll like this.
Old Oct 9, 2022, 9:19 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Some like the reverse seats, some don't. The reserve seats in lie flat mode will raise your head a few degrees.
And other than takeoff and landing, you barely notice it in other ways.

If you've never experienced it you should try it once!
Repooc17 and cczzll like this.
Old Oct 9, 2022, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by cczzll
If you've never done backwards it's worth it for the novelty. They're both fine.
cczzll likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.