Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on 777-200 HD (28BF,102E+,234E-)

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on 777-200 HD (28BF,102E+,234E-)

Hide Wikipost
Old Jun 14, 19, 11:25 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: aacharya
Wiki Link
United has a higher-density 777 primarily for domestic flights, with 3-4-3 across economy seating and a smaller business ("United First") class with lie-flat seating. There are two versions which UA is labeling Version 3 & Version4. The differences from prior 777 planes are the economy lavatory areas and the surrounding seats (Rows 37, 39, 40, 41 and 52).

United 777 Version 3

United 777 Version 4

This plane features 28 lie-flat United First seats, 102 Economy-plus seats, and 234 Economy seats. All United First seats have in-flight entertainment screens and at-seat power. All Economy seats have power outlets (2 outlets for 3-seat groups and 3 outlets for 4-seat groups).

Most Hawaii 777-200 flights will be either of these versions. Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on a UA 772 Hawaii Configuration

For the most privacy, the only aisle seats in business that do not face the person opposite you are 4B and 4K
Print Wikipost

Old Jul 13, 20, 3:28 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy Ti
The two times I've been on the 772HD, they've used both doors. DEN and ORD.
Old Jul 18, 20, 11:12 am

Programs: United, Delta, Marriott
SFO-ORD redeye-- Row 3 or 4

This flight is in December and I know that COVID may change the A/C type before then, but I still want to maximize sleep on the current config.

Traveling with a companion who is currently in 4A.

I know to stay away from 1K, so our options are rows 3 or 4. I know the 3 aisles look down into economy, but any other downsides? People have remarked 4AB is very private (I assume 4KL too?). The lavs behind these seats are for Y pax-- does anybody know if they are able to congregate near 4AB or is that a nonissue? This seems like the most "remote" set of seats in a COVID-wary sense, but not if there is encroachment from those lavs.

Thanks in advance. I read through all 30 pages and almost got there, but couldn't find this exact scenario.

Last edited by lgjeff; Jul 18, 20 at 11:14 am Reason: Typo
Old Jul 18, 20, 11:23 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, WN A-List Pref & CP, Hyatt Glob, Marriott (LT) Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by lgjeff View Post
This flight is in December and I know that COVID may change the A/C type before then, but I still want to maximize sleep on the current config.

Traveling with a companion who is currently in 4A.

I know to stay away from 1K, so our options are rows 3 or 4. I know the 3 aisles look down into economy, but any other downsides? People have remarked 4AB is very private (I assume 4KL too?). The lavs behind these seats are for Y pax-- does anybody know if they are able to congregate near 4AB or is that a nonissue? This seems like the most "remote" set of seats in a COVID-wary sense, but not if there is encroachment from those lavs.

Thanks in advance. I read through all 30 pages and almost got there, but couldn't find this exact scenario.
Iíve done 4KL coming back from Hawaii and found the lavs and galley were pretty noisy, especially if youíre on the aisle. I prefer flying backward (aircraft slightly pitches up) so I would go with row 3 and bring an eye mask.
NoLaGent and bluedemon211 like this.
Old Jul 18, 20, 11:57 am

Programs: AS and if I can't avoid it, UA. IHG Spire, CET 7*
Originally Posted by Duke777 View Post
Iíve done 4KL coming back from Hawaii and found the lavs and galley were pretty noisy, especially if youíre on the aisle. I prefer flying backward (aircraft slightly pitches up) so I would go with row 3 and bring an eye mask.
ditto. It does help sleeping, but regardless of that, 3 is better than 4 overall.
Old Jul 18, 20, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by Duke777 View Post
Originally Posted by NoLaGent View Post
ditto. It does help sleeping, but regardless of that, 3 is better than 4 overall.
Thank you to you both. This makes it really clear. I'm going to lock in row 3 and keep my eye out for 2.

Thanks again. Have a great weekend.
Old Jul 18, 20, 2:20 pm

Thank you to you both. This makes it really clear. I'm going to lock in row 3 and keep my eye out for 2.

Thanks again. Have a great weekend.
You bet. You can do seat alerts through EF...2A is my preferred seat on that bird.
Old Jul 21, 20, 2:01 pm

You bet. You can do seat alerts through EF...2A is my preferred seat on that bird.
Good idea! At this point I am also keeping my eye out for an aircraft change. Out of curiosity-- any reason you like 2A over 2K? Is it because the A side has the lavs rather than the galleys, or just a personal preference for left side of plane?
Old Jul 21, 20, 4:45 pm

Good idea! At this point I am also keeping my eye out for an aircraft change. Out of curiosity-- any reason you like 2A over 2K? Is it because the A side has the lavs rather than the galleys, or just a personal preference for left side of plane?
Strictly personal preference - I'm left handed and it's easier for me to eat in 2A than 2K while looking out the window...
Old Jul 21, 20, 9:48 pm

Strictly personal preference - I'm left handed and it's easier for me to eat in 2A than 2K while looking out the window...
Understood. Thank you for all of your advice!
Old Jul 21, 20, 11:02 pm

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
Understood. Thank you for all of your advice!
Be happy you are up front. Not the end of the world and Iím pretty sure Iíve experienced about half of them.
Old Aug 22, 20, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by emcampbe View Post
Not quite seating related, but anyone know how they generally board this aircraft at ORD? It's been a while.

We're doing ORD-SFO next week, 4 of us in 3/4 KL. Do they typically board from the door between F and Y (ie, where Y would go right, F would go left). I assume, if we're trying to be more cautious with COVID, it would be better to board last either way? But probably not as big a deal if all don't use door 1, where half of both F and Y would go by us vs. only maybe half of F?

How about disembarking at SFO? Generally middle door?
How did boarding work with COVID boarding Process if door 2 was used? Does first board last even if they used door 2 at OHare (economy passengers turn right, first class left) and economy doesnít walk through the cabin?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: