Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on 777-200 HD (28J,102E+,234E-)

Old Jul 6, 2016, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
United has a higher-density 777 primarily for domestic flights, with 3-4-3 across economy seating and a smaller business ("United First") class with lie-flat seating. There are three versions, which UA is labeling Version 2, Version 3, and Version 4. The differences from prior 777 planes are the economy lavatory areas and the surrounding seats (Rows 37, 39, 40, 41 and 52). This plane features 28-32 lie-flat United First seats, 102-124 Economy-plus seats, and 206-234 Economy seats. All United First seats have in-flight entertainment screens and at-seat power. The United First seats are the same lie-flat "coffins" that were used on international 777 flights prior to the introduction of the Polaris seats. All Economy seats have power outlets (2 outlets for 3-seat groups and 3 outlets for 4-seat groups), but do not have seat-back entertainment screens (just a device holder).

United 777 Version 2

United 777 Version 3

United 777 Version 4

Most Hawaii 777-200 flights will be either of these versions. Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on a UA 772 Hawaii Configuration

For the most privacy, the only aisle seats in business that do not face the person opposite you are 4B and 4K

https://www.aerolopa.com/ua-boeing-777-gallery

Print Wikipost

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on 777-200 HD (28J,102E+,234E-)

Old Nov 19, 2018, 8:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K, UA .53 MM, Marriott Gold, Nexus, GE, TSA Pre, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by oopl
Congrats and hope it sticks! (If you're flying in J)
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...seats-77j.html
Thanks! When I originally booked my ticket, it was on a three-class 772, and then my GPU cleared (allowing my to move to GF), and then they just swapped it to the Polaris retrofit. Fingers crossed!
Old Dec 10, 2018, 2:31 pm

Programs: El Al Matmid, Air France Flying Blue Silver
Hi guys
flying HNL-LAX in Y, I was wondering if the lavatories located at the rear of the F class are for the F or the Y pax.
thanks
Old Dec 13, 2018, 6:27 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, Avis PC
Kids or Swap?

Hi,

I'm flying ORD -> HNL with the family but was unable to secure 4 side by side. I'm with the kids in 2E, F and G while the wife is in 3A. They are all rear facing. So my question is, if you were 2D would you swap with 3A aisle to window or stay seated next to kids? Mine are 7 and 11 and with devices nowadays they are occupied.

I'm just hoping an aisle opens making this slightly easier!
Old Dec 13, 2018, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
There's no harm in asking, but I doubt someone who selected an aisle from a relatively empty seatmap would want to switch to a window. It sounds like you should be mostly fine anyway.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 7:01 am

Programs: United 1K,CX GOLD,SPG GOLD, Club Carlson GOLD, Accor PLAT, Amex PLAT
Flying CUN>ORD in 4K and 4L at the moment. 1A and 1B have just opened up. Its only a 3 hour flight during the day (not concerned about sleeping) - should we move or stay where we are? Does 1A/B have you staring right into Y? Appreciate any advice!
Old Dec 20, 2018, 7:19 am

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by hagan73
Flying CUN>ORD in 4K and 4L at the moment. 1A and 1B have just opened up. Its only a 3 hour flight during the day (not concerned about sleeping) - should we move or stay where we are? Does 1A/B have you staring right into Y? Appreciate any advice!
It seems to me that Row 1 is far enough from the Economy seats that you will not see the passengers there. It's not like the three class 772 where Row 10 on the sides directly look into Economy Class.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 8:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by hagan73
Flying CUN>ORD in 4K and 4L at the moment. 1A and 1B have just opened up. It’s only a 3 hour flight during the day (not concerned about sleeping) - should we move or stay where we are? Does 1A/B have you staring right into Y? Appreciate any advice!
1B is a crappy seat, it sticks out into the aisle and you get lots of traffic. 4K/L back up on the lavs. Pick your poison.

There are no good seats in this cabin. Row 2 is probably best.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 11:05 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by airb330
Just reporting back that 48AB had quite a bit of legroom (similar or more than E+). The seats weren't as bad as we thought. Overall, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this seat pair to anyone on flyertalk.
Is 48KL similar in legroom to 48AB? I realize there will be more foot traffic on the right side of the plane due to the bathroom in the back on that side, but wanted to be sure it was worth giving up E+ seats for 48KL.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 9:18 am

Flying with wife and 2 kids (ORD - OGG) in business. Figured 4 across works best - but row 1 or 3? Probably not much of a difference.

Thanks.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by vintelozz
Flying with wife and 2 kids (ORD - OGG) in business. Figured 4 across works best - but row 1 or 3? Probably not much of a difference.

Thanks.
Preferred choice of meal more likely in row 1.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 11:53 am

Programs: MileagePlus, spg, World of Hyatt
Recommended Seat in First on 777-200?

Apologies if I'm posting in the wrong place - made it a goal to fly on every type of airframe United flies. Found a 777-200 from IAH - DEN in mid-March. Any seats y'all would/wouldn't recommend?

Thank you in advance!
Old Jan 29, 2019, 12:02 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Which 777-200? the previous 3 class or is the seating up front 2-4-2 or 2-2-2
Old Jan 29, 2019, 12:14 pm

Programs: MileagePlus, spg, World of Hyatt
2-4-2
Old Jan 29, 2019, 4:53 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Shibang
Is 48KL similar in legroom to 48AB? I realize there will be more foot traffic on the right side of the plane due to the bathroom in the back on that side, but wanted to be sure it was worth giving up E+ seats for 48KL.
I would assume so. I didnt go on that side of the plane.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 5:35 pm

Programs: Delta, United, American
United 777-200 version 4 seat advice help

Sorry. I imagine this has come up many times before but my searches haven't found the right links. Flying United 777-200 version 4 (I think...?). Seatmap for my flight EWR-SFO on United.com shows 2 seats on the side in rows 37 (regular economy), 39 (economy plus) and 40 (regular economy). (United.com aircraft info seat map shows version 4, row 37 has 3 seats on the side..??). All of these seats appear right next to bathrooms.

My question is if anyone has sat in the Econ+ Row 39 (A/B or K/L) on this plane and their impressions? I'd imagine there is a boarding door right there so you'd have lots of extra leg room but is the entrance to the bathroom right off these seats or more forward (where it might be more an issue for row 37)?

Also, do the window seats have significantly restricted legroom from the emergency slide in the door?

If anyone has links to photos or videos of these seats, please share. If you have a link to another thread where this is addressed... please share.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Feb 6, 2019 at 6:09 pm Reason: moved to master thread

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.