Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Routing Advice BKK / Southeast Asia to/from USA for UA flyers

Old Feb 19, 2022, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

Routing Advice BKK / Southeast Asia to/from USA for UA flyers

Old Apr 9, 2024, 12:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
I wouldn't call the HKG schedule "significantly reduced". The pre-pandemic peak was 3-4 daily flights: 2x SFO, 1x EWR, and 1x ORD. I say 3-4 because I remember UA suspending ORD right around the time the second SFO was announced/launched, but don't remember the precise timing of what happened when. We're now at 3 daily: 2x SFO and 1x LAX.
Old Apr 12, 2024, 10:14 am

Programs: UA 1K M, AA 2 MM PREM, AVIS First, HYATT Explorist, Marriott Lifetime Platinum., Hilton Gold.
Originally Posted by paperwastage
Bookmark this. https://www.staralliance.com/en/lounge-finder

Sometimes the data is slightly stale but at least it's better than nothing . You have to be departing out of the airport on a *alliance flight, to use *alliance lounge at that airport. Eg at BKK, if leaving out on HK airlines , no lounge access via *alliance gold. Contract lounges depend on other factors, not all *alliance get access to contract lounges

There are two Airjapans that fly BKK-Tokyo.

The low cost AirJapan (at the moment, any fare that United sells you for BKK-Tokyo won't be on Low-cost AirJapan, it'll be on full service AirJapan below). Economy only no business, buy up for everything (meals, baggage, seat selection )

Full service AirJapan that's basically full service ANA (earn miles, star alliance gold benefits etc, meals, some seat selection depending on fare type) - it's the equivalent of united express, ANA/UA has lower wage cost but it's full service.

Some "ANA" flights are now operated by "Air Japan", impact / options for UA flyers?
Thank you for this clarification. That was my experience at BKK. Although it is interesting to see that not too many doors down from the large Thai lounge is Hong Kong Air lounge but no entry for UA 1K's. Any how, I survived Hong Kong Air.
Thanks
Old Apr 12, 2024, 10:16 am

Programs: UA 1K M, AA 2 MM PREM, AVIS First, HYATT Explorist, Marriott Lifetime Platinum., Hilton Gold.
Originally Posted by dkc192
I wouldn't call the HKG schedule "significantly reduced". The pre-pandemic peak was 3-4 daily flights: 2x SFO, 1x EWR, and 1x ORD. I say 3-4 because I remember UA suspending ORD right around the time the second SFO was announced/launched, but don't remember the precise timing of what happened when. We're now at 3 daily: 2x SFO and 1x LAX.
If so many flights then can you help us understand why the UA lounge is not open?
Old Apr 12, 2024, 12:33 pm

UA selling round trip from IAD or EWR to NRT-(ANA operated) to SGN for $1,000 in Y for dates later this year. But SGN is not a good airport...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.