Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Maximum possible United BIS miles in a year?

Maximum possible United BIS miles in a year?

Old Jul 30, 22, 9:31 am

Programs: UA 1K For Life; Marriot Gold (through United); Hilton Silver; misc. airlines
This is inspiring ... I'm just trying to get to 1MM .... now I see a way to make it happen!
Old Jul 30, 22, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike...
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
There are 168 hours in a week. If the calculation abve shows 528k miles in a year at 80 hours a month, 1mm in a year as a passenger is easy if one has the available time and money.
lsquare likes this.
Old Jul 30, 22, 9:40 am

Programs: UA 1K For Life; Marriot Gold (through United); Hilton Silver; misc. airlines
Originally Posted by Xyzzy View Post
There are 168 hours in a week. If the calculation abve shows 528k miles in a year at 80 hours a month, 1mm in a year as a passenger is easy if one has the available time and money.
With retirement looming in a couple of years, I'm looking for a goal to work toward. 1MM BIS seems as challenging as any.
Xyzzy likes this.
Old Jul 30, 22, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike...
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by mshapiro99 View Post
With retirement looming in a couple of years, I'm looking for a goal to work toward. 1MM BIS seems as challenging as any.
Say you fly round trip EWR-SFO-EWR every day for a 30 day month that is 2565*2*30, or 153,900 miles. If you do that for 10 months that's 1,539,000 miles. There is still PLENTY of additional time to fly ther routes or do other things.
lsquare likes this.
Old Jul 30, 22, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
The world has changed since the OP. That being said, what would the cost(s) of maximizing said UA BIS travel vs.say Plus Pass?

Likely ua1flyer has given thought to optimizing cost vs. time in the air.

David
lsquare likes this.
Old Jul 30, 22, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by Xyzzy View Post
Say you fly round trip EWR-SFO-EWR every day for a 30 day month that is 2565*2*30, or 153,900 miles. If you do that for 10 months that's 1,539,000 miles. There is still PLENTY of additional time to fly the routes or do other things.
I'm already at 616K miles ... just need to top off to 1MM. Really need to find a traveling job again ... do those still exist?
Old Jul 30, 22, 10:47 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, DL Platinum, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium + LT Silver, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mshapiro99 View Post
I'm already at 616K miles ... just need to top off to 1MM. Really need to find a traveling job again ... do those still exist?
Yes, but you can also do this yourself. I have a light travel job, but supplementing with my own travels.

I have been adding 100K+ BIS per year on UA in recent years, and 200K BIS per year with all carriers.
mshapiro99, SPN Lifer and lsquare like this.
Old Jul 30, 22, 4:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.032MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CWC Au-197; CCC Elite; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Repooc17 View Post
I have been adding 100K+ BIS per year on UA in recent years
We did this for eight years (and got MM) when we lived near a hub, but we can't even come close now (21K in the past 9 years). Only about 5% of that came from work travel.
SPN Lifer and Xyzzy like this.

Last edited by mahasamatman; Jul 30, 22 at 4:06 pm

Search this Thread